The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Changes To Slash Dash And Passives Based On Augments

FoxFX

Ah, I wasn't aware slash dash functioned differently. I still never use it. Haven't found a reason to do so. And I really do try. Unless maybe the super armor during it is new. But the skill takes his momentum with it after it ends so he's pretty dead after use especially if he just used it to engage. All and all it's still just a damage dash that more times than not leaves you in worse situation after use then you were before.

Super Jump is pretty cool now but I'm not sure it can be used as a pro to his defensives capability. If anything it's a convenient way to deal with his cast times if you don't have the momentum to vault jump and cast which is what I would normally do since it's fast enough to beat the AI tracking at the ampex. I guess that is defensive in use is suppose. But not enough to argue a increase in his base armor at least.

On the other hand. I don't even know where to begin with a blocking system change. If you have any ideas please share. Because nothing I can imagine even comes close to being useful in Warframe's Endless Missions. Except Interception. As Interception is easy as hell and pretty fun to be honest ^^

Ah, I wasn't aware slash dash functioned differently. I still never use it. Haven't found a reason to do so. And I really do try. Unless maybe the super armor during it is new. But the skill takes his momentum with it after it ends so he's pretty dead after use especially if he just used it to engage. All and all it's still just a damage dash that more times than not leaves you in worse situation after use then you were before.

Super Jump is pretty cool now but I'm not sure it can be used as a pro to his defensives capability. If anything it's a convenient way to deal with his cast times if you don't have the momentum to vault jump and cast which is what I would normally do since it's fast enough to beat the AI tracking at the ampex. I guess that is defensive in use is suppose. But not enough to argue a increase in his base armor at least.

On the other hand. I don't even know where to begin with a blocking system change. If you have any ideas please share. Because nothing I can imagine even comes close to being useful in Warframe's Endless Missions. Except Interception. As Interception is easy as hell and pretty fun to be honest ^^

One idea I had about the blocking system was to heavily decrease the stamina cost to block or to make specific weapon types have a set stamina cost for blocking. For instance: Sword&Shield type weapons would have the lowest blocking cost compares to Heavy Bladed Weapons.

I've also thought up a sort of "Block Timing" system for melee opponents where if you block at the right time, it would automatically trigger the Parry function and stun the enemy for Finisher Attacks.

I will later on post a thread concerning giving benefits to Finisher Attacks through melee as well as Blocking System in another time.

As for Excalibur Passives, I was thinking of adding in a passive that adds:

"Channeling increases Melee Range with Excalibur."

Blocking needs to be tied to bullet numbers, and not damage as it is currently.

Id even argue that blocking while walking or standing still should not consume stamina, while running it should cost stamina based on number of bullets (this would have to be balanced accordingly to each weapon and how many shots it can deliver in X time)

Along with that, rockets shouldnt be blockable, but there damage mitigated if blocking.

• 2 months later...

well, now with the recent changes to Radial Javelin, what are thoughts now on Excalibur's need for changes cause right now this "jack-of-all-trades" role, I feel, is no longer working for Excalibur in comparison to the roles other Warframes have now.