The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant Crashing

San_dals

Not sure if this is the same issue thats being discussed in the Nvidia thread about crashes or not.

After I load up, I run into one of three eventualities.

Option 1:  Total system lock up.  Screen freezes up and a horrible BRRRBRRRBRRR sound comes through my speakers.  Requires a system restart.

Option 2:  Weird invisible game screen.  Game freezes for a second or two, then I get a black screen.  After a few more seconds, game sound and interaction return, but I am viewing my desktop.  I can still shoot and use abilities, judging from the game sound that I still can hear.  Requires the game to be forcefully closed.

Option 3:  Normal game crash.  Game freezes for a second, then I get a black screen.  Very similar to what happens in Option 2, only the black screen lasts a bit longer.  I am then taken to my desktop and given the "Submit a Crash Report" window.  The bug number given in each instance for this option is WAR-380785.

I downloaded the game less than a week ago.  The first couple days I crashed maybe 2-3 times total.  In the last couple days, the game crashes during every mission.  If i'm lucky I can complete two whole missions before crashing.

I have absolutely zero clue how to go about fixing this.  I've:

-Updated my drivers

-Switched between Borderless Fullscreen, Fullscreen, and windowed (it was suggested to me to try Borderless Fullscreen to fix the issue, but that only appeared to cause the crashes to occur more frequently).

-Goofed around with various Display settings, currently tried playing with everything off and with the minimum resolution to no degree of success.

-Uninstalled and reinstalled the game (thinking maybe there was a corrupt file somewhere).

No luck, everything I've tried has just seemed to make the problem more rampant.

Not sure if this is the same issue thats being discussed in the Nvidia thread about crashes or not.

After I load up, I run into one of three eventualities.

Option 1:  Total system lock up.  Screen freezes up and a horrible BRRRBRRRBRRR sound comes through my speakers.  Requires a system restart.

Option 2:  Weird invisible game screen.  Game freezes for a second or two, then I get a black screen.  After a few more seconds, game sound and interaction return, but I am viewing my desktop.  I can still shoot and use abilities, judging from the game sound that I still can hear.  Requires the game to be forcefully closed.

Option 3:  Normal game crash.  Game freezes for a second, then I get a black screen.  Very similar to what happens in Option 2, only the black screen lasts a bit longer.  I am then taken to my desktop and given the "Submit a Crash Report" window.  The bug number given in each instance for this option is WAR-380785.

I downloaded the game less than a week ago.  The first couple days I crashed maybe 2-3 times total.  In the last couple days, the game crashes during every mission.  If i'm lucky I can complete two whole missions before crashing.

I have absolutely zero clue how to go about fixing this.  I've:

-Updated my drivers

-Switched between Borderless Fullscreen, Fullscreen, and windowed (it was suggested to me to try Borderless Fullscreen to fix the issue, but that only appeared to cause the crashes to occur more frequently).

-Goofed around with various Display settings, currently tried playing with everything off and with the minimum resolution to no degree of success.

-Uninstalled and reinstalled the game (thinking maybe there was a corrupt file somewhere).

No luck, everything I've tried has just seemed to make the problem more rampant.

What kind of hardware do you use? I.e. mainly which gpu?

Check your GPU and CPU temperatures using some monitoring software (speedfan on external monitor, HWmonitor, ect)

Try switching between DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 modes in the launcher.

Reinstall your driver using the clean install option if you haven't already.

Unless you're actually using it (audio over the hdmi output of your gpu) DON'T install Nvidia's HD Audio driver. That fixed some issues for me.

Edited by Pythadragon

What kind of hardware do you use? I.e. mainly which gpu?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

Check your GPU and CPU temperatures using some monitoring software (speedfan on external monitor, HWmonitor, ect)

Try switching between DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 modes in the launcher.

Reinstall your driver using the clean install option if you haven't already.

Unless you're actually using it (audio over the hdmi output of your gpu) DON'T install Nvidia's HD Audio driver. That fixed some issues for me.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

EDIT:

Disabled Directx 11 in the launcher options, no luck there.

I downloaded HWmonitor.  During play, it doesn't appear that any of my components spike in temperature to an abnormal degree.

Edited by San_dals