The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing Is No Longer Fun, Please Fix It? (Pretty Please With A Strawberry On Top?)

pixelsafoison

Hello there people =), this is my first "rant" post so please don't burn me to ashes ^^". And to be honnest it's not even really a rant... 

I remember hating rushers when I started, I couldn't understand why someone would even want to run past enemies instead of gunning them down and then screw over the whole team by starting the timer to top if off, yet the more I played the more I started rushing, and now I've become the rushing loki/ash with +30% speed mod...  Enemies are no longer fun to kill once you get used to all swords, guns and rifles types, so I'd just like to say that players like myself that got bored of killing with the current weapons would love to see some more variety, for example:
- sell us the grineer grenade launcher for plat, i'll pay o_o, seems like a fun weapon, make it weak i don't care.... Fun o_o.
- more gore? I haven't checked warframe's PR but ... More please?
- new mobs, for example a bunch of small corpus robots that mess up with your controls if you let them touch you... Or a mob based on some new AI type that would do anything to hide from you and backstab you before running back to cover/recloak (makes me think of those pesky screaming headbutting things in dead space X).
- make us HATE the grineers, by making them taunt us instead of just screaming "take them out!", tag walls with insults against the tenno, because for now i only feel bad for those degenerated bastards (my mom once said: don't mess with handicaped people, and i'm a good boy mmh'kay?)
- new infested ancients that would be fast agile and completely badass o_o... Changing targets and knifing us to death before eating our souls (and brains) u_u

Well you get the idea, stuff that will make killing fun again instead of just a necessity (the grakata is the rusher's friend ^^), the glaive is awesome by the way, when i'm bored i can just throw it around "for teh lulz", that's the kind of "new stuff" i like, i don't care about axe skins or deadly overpowered stuff.... Just fun weapons like the paris and the glaive.

Keep up the good work otherwise, this game is hellishly addictive =)

Gore Guy is satisfied with killing after 7.9

But Gore Guy wants more. Wants pools of blood and permanent bodies.

Hardcore tryhard wants less. Silly effects bad for framerates :I

(seriously, it'd be fun and all, but framerates get bad enough as is)

Space turtles that broadcast all their plans to their enemies

"ALRIGHT LETS FLANK HIM GuyS HE WILL NEVER SEE IT COMING AMIRITE?"

"FOCUS THAT GUY ON THE GROUND AS HE SLOWLY GETS UP!"

Sometimes their more simple plans work just fine.

After having done some Eris missions with Infested, which is most of them, I'm seeing why people rush, especially in Infested missions, even if it can turn out to be a bad idea if the mission objective changes or you encounter an elevator from the Mass Effect 1 game.

Hardcore tryhard wants less. Silly effects bad for framerates :I

(seriously, it'd be fun and all, but framerates get bad enough as is)

Who is "hardcore tryhard"?

And he really struggles with framerate for this game? My old GTX 260 i bought 4 years ago runs it smooth as my recently laser depilated buttocks. And that's not to mention the 8 years old Athlon-X2 5200 and ASUS M2NE-SLI motherboard.

And i play with all on, on max, at 1920x1080 on a 47'' screen.

The problem I have with the game is that I just can't seem to make 2 people playing on the same router, tried on different ones and nothing. Other than that, I started rushing alerts just to get the prices, but I still wait for people instead of making the count timer start, or even get a hold of at least one datamass so there's no rushing guy that screws the others. 

On topic though, more gore just seems unnecessary to me, it's there already, and there's even a post asking for it to have an "off" switch, I'd like it to be more context sensitive, but that's about it. Also, there's no real reason for the devs to make us "hate" the grineer, taking on account that the Tenno by lore are sort of pacifists (basically samurai teachings).

Well as you can see, there is still a way to have fun while killing, but your ideas are nice and I would like to use them ^^.

Especially the more gore part seems interesting ;)

How about a guaranteed decapitation if you headshot with the Glaive? It would make the weapon even more fun and you could play games like: Who gets the head to fly the biggest distance!

Grineers with shields are &!$$ING ME OFF! why? because they push you down, then from behind the shield they shoot you, goddammn f***ing cowards! Come on out and fight me like a man!

They're pretty easy to deal with depending on your warframe and weapons. If you're an Excal, one Slash Dash kills them instantly. If a Volt, Shock either kills them instantly or stuns them long enough for your to shoot them. Having weapons with ice damage mods also helps a lot too. Just one slash with an ice-modded sword already slows them for an easy kill.

Grineers with shields are &!$$ING ME OFF! why? because they push you down, then from behind the shield they shoot you, goddammn f***ing cowards! Come on out and fight me like a man!

Dude, they have been doing this for over half a year already. (since october when CB began). That's their gimmick.

hehe ^^, but still, am I the only one that wants new toys (not overpowered ones, just fun stuff) to keep killing fun? ^^

I think so, yes. Most people want to have fun killing, and not keep killing fun.

Some don't want to kill time either, but that is, unfortunatly, inevitable.

Well as you can see, there is still a way to have fun while killing, but your ideas are nice and I would like to use them ^^.

Especially the more gore part seems interesting ;)

How about a guaranteed decapitation if you headshot with the Glaive? It would make the weapon even more fun and you could play games like: Who gets the head to fly the biggest distance!

Bwahaha that would rock =D, glaive decapitation for the win ^^.

and about those shielded *@##$es nothing a sprint jump crouch can't fix =D