Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Platinum] Has Anyone In The Warframe Team Done Any Maths Before ?

A point id like to add is that some warframe prices are out of wack.

Loki - 75 plat (20 for slot, 20 for potatoe, 35 for frame).

- so 35 plat for loki.

Rhino (I think) - 325 plat

- 20 for slot 20 for potatoe 285 for frame.

- 285 plat.

What makes rhino 8 times more pricey than loki????

A point id like to add is that some warframe prices are out of wack.

Loki - 75 plat (20 for slot, 20 for potatoe, 35 for frame).

- so 35 plat for loki.

Rhino (I think) - 325 plat

- 20 for slot 20 for potatoe 285 for frame.

- 285 plat.

What makes rhino 8 times more pricey than loki????

Its desirability.

But grinding wise rhino is easier to get earlier on. It seems like they are saying rhino is better.

No, what they are saying is the Rhino is the Mercedes to your Mazda.

Not better, prestige.

The Rhino BP is dropped fairly early on at Venus, chances are players are still Mastery Rank 0, it gives them a taste for a prestige item.

The mats for the Rhino need to be farmed in higher level areas (at least Earth, Neptune, Jupiter, Saturn) which means the player needs to play to level his guns to even get a shot at the mats, he also needs to farm the BPs, and of course level and pass 2 tests for the Mastery Rank.

Its a lot of work and chances are you will not have the materials or the cash at MR2 (from experience) since you were modding your weapons and progressing your current frame and system nodes to gain access to higher level content.

Additionally, it incentivizes the purchase of the Rhino bundle as its not MR locked.

Time Spent so far 100+ Hours =over 2 weeks of 40 hour week 'work time'

Grand Master purchase= 1 days pay

=HAPPY Gamer

This for the most part sums it up for a number of people, the expense for purchasing the GM package is not much of a dent in our salary or even equivalent to a days worth of work.

So when you start to look at some of the pricing, with that in mind, and also the pricing ingame, with keeping in mind the craft time, as I've said numerous times, some people just dont' want to wait/can't wait, whichever it is.  You can't JUST compare the credits to platinum, you must consider credits/time -> platinum (cost/time of your own earnings).

For some people it makes more sense for them to buy some plat, buy a frame and get hours of enjoyment out of that purchase, and is more efficient money wise for what their own personal time is worth.

One point also to keep in mind, which I don't think has been brought up, the credits "value" to platinum has change immensely after the mission reward and alert credit rewards changes that were implemented just a couple weeks ago.

A lot of people have been mentioning that they have piles of Platinum that they're not willing to spend because prices for most things are too high, and that farming and grinding for the materials and blueprints for gear is part of the fun of the game. I'm in the same boat, and I've got a solution that would solve both issues. We've got Affinity boosters and credit boosters, so why not sell boosters that increase drop rates for mods and blueprints and ones that that double resource pick-ups (like the credit booster works)? We'd still be able to farm and get enjoyment from that, but these boosters would make it easier while also giving us something worthwhile to spend our Platinum on.

On a side note, when they start selling materials in the store for Platinum only, then you can panic.

Edited by Brosagi

A lot of people have been mentioning that they have piles of Platinum that they're not willing to spend because prices for most things are too high, and that farming and grinding for the materials and blueprints for gear is part of the fun of the game. I'm in the same boat, and I've got a solution that would solve both issues. We've got Affinity boosters and credit boosters, so why not sell boosters that increase drop rates for mods and blueprints and ones that that double resource pick-ups (like the credit booster works)? We'd still be able to farm and get enjoyment from that, but these boosters would make it easier while also giving us something worthwhile to spend our Platinum on.

On a side note, when they start selling materials in the store for Platinum only, then you can panic.

I suppose something like that could be done, though I did farm 2 full saryn BP sets (maybe more I'd have to look when I get home) in something like 1-2 hours.

It did take much, much longer to get my trinity plans, but that said, the drop rates imho don't feel too terrible, so something that can be purchased, to increase the rate rather than a flat increase might be a possible solution.

You know, there are games out there, good games, that cost 20$. So for all of you who say the system is fine charging you one item 20$, your argument is invalid... >_>

Also I don't see how I can ever take you founder guys seriusely in topics like this (really no offense meant). You just have thousands of plat and have spent hundreds of $ on the game. Clearly you don't fall into the "average player" group they should be aiming for.

You buy a game for $20, complete it in a week or two and then need to buy another $20 game or pay $20 for new content for your old $20 game.

or

You can play games like this for free, have access to the entire game, receive frequent patches and new content is added at no cost. Sure, there is also an option to spend a few dollars for more slots or an item/upgrade for those who need immediate gratification.

I have played some other F2P games with some outrageous cash shops. They either micro-transaction you into the poorhouse or price "necessary" items in the $100 range. Have you ever played a Perfect World game?