Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Is Currently Impossible To Acquire

(PSN)KinslayersDawn

Because of the method of acquiring the coordinates for building the Mutalist Alas Assassination missions (that is, getting them as Invasion payouts), makes Mesa the single hardest thing in the game to acquire. I say this, because there simply aren't any invasions paying out coordinates. I have seen dozens of Infestation invasions pop up since the update, and I have seen exactly one that was paying out coordinates; and that one bugged out and didn't pay me!

I am not someone who minds difficult gameplay. I played all night for weeks picking up some of my prime parts. I have done all of the events, etc.

However, the hunt for Mesa has crossed the line, because it takes all control away from the player. For any other part/weapon/Warframe in the game, you can always be doing something to work for it, whether that be running Void missions, or bosses, or just hunting for keys. For Mesa, there is simply nothing you can do. If there aren't Infestation invasions that are paying out coordinates, it doesn't matter how good you are, or how dedicated you are. And while you can trade them, there are so few that no one is selling them, or they are asking in excess of 200 platinum for one key.

As I always do, I will give the benefit of the doubt that DE didn't mean it to happen like this. But please, for crying out loud, change how the nodes with coordinates appear. Maybe have them come out twice a day, and last for twelve hours a piece? Let us start the hunt for Mesa in earnest!

Because of the method of acquiring the coordinates for building the Mutalist Alas Assassination missions (that is, getting them as Invasion payouts), makes Mesa the single hardest thing in the game to acquire. I say this, because there simply aren't any invasions paying out coordinates. I have seen dozens of Infestation invasions pop up since the update, and I have seen exactly one that was paying out coordinates; and that one bugged out and didn't pay me!

I am not someone who minds difficult gameplay. I played all night for weeks picking up some of my prime parts. I have done all of the events, etc.

However, the hunt for Mesa has crossed the line, because it takes all control away from the player. For any other part/weapon/Warframe in the game, you can always be doing something to work for it, whether that be running Void missions, or bosses, or just hunting for keys. For Mesa, there is simply nothing you can do. If there aren't Infestation invasions that are paying out coordinates, it doesn't matter how good you are, or how dedicated you are. And while you can trade them, there are so few that no one is selling them, or they are asking in excess of 200 platinum for one key.

As I always do, I will give the benefit of the doubt that DE didn't mean it to happen like this. But please, for crying out loud, change how the nodes with coordinates appear. Maybe have them come out twice a day, and last for twelve hours a piece? Let us start the hunt for Mesa in earnest!

Nitpick, Uncle Vau's like that too, you can't "work" for that one either - if there's simply no alerts dropping parts, you be boned. Mesa's not truly alone in that regard.

That said, I definitely agree. There's already the wait wall with the quest and building keys, plus you need to run a minimum of 9 missions to assemble a key, even if the coordinate rewards weren't dictated by RNG (which they are, I'm not even sure invasions have the same "everything must drop" safeguard that alerts do).

Good frames shouldn't be easy to obtain. She's worth the work, just stay committed.

I absolutely agree with you. However, that that is exactly my point: there is no work to be done. There is no progress to achieve. You just... Wait. And hope. I want to play the game, not just stare at it and hope something eventually happens. Incidentally, Konork is right - Vauban needs to be fixed too.

So apparently the systems are just ridiculous, because I already bought 6 keys, build 2 myself and attended several keysharing groups, and maybe every 4-5. run there is a chassis in place of a helmet. Score until now: 13 helmets, 3 chassis, 0 systems.

I had a dream that DE makes a possible trade in the market where you can trade 5 or 4 or whatever number of one part (like helmet) against another part (systems, other stuff drops atleast). Idc what ppl say about RNG.... it just gets ridiculous how I'm spending all my plat what I get through trades in nav/keys, which will end in more helmets....

edit: sorry for the mess in proper language, after 6 runs with 5 helmets and a chassis I can't think anymore....

Edited by Morroth

Cynaris

Really?

I scrutinized the Infestation alerts, but saw none with a "Mutalist Nav" as reward.

Have I missed a point?

The Nav is supposed to be annonced in the Mission summary, right?

Or does the Nav took place of any regular reward (Fieldron or Mutagen)?

Cynaris is playing on PC. For PS4 there has only been one invasion, and it bugged out and didn't pay a lot of people.

Cynaris

Really?

I scrutinized the Infestation alerts, but saw none with a "Mutalist Nav" as reward.

Have I missed a point?

The Nav is supposed to be annonced in the Mission summary, right?

Or does the Nav took place of any regular reward (Fieldron or Mutagen)?

The navs come in the mail, just like any other infestation reward, once the node was fully "depleted". Assuming the PC and PS4 versions work the same way.

Usually there are 2 nodes / day giving a coordinate.

Edited by Cynaris

Nitpick, Uncle Vau's like that too, you can't "work" for that one either - if there's simply no alerts dropping parts, you be boned. Mesa's not truly alone in that regard.

Actually, Mesa has one factor that Vauban does not: community participation.

I'm sure we all have Vauban by now (those that want him, anyway) but even if we didn't, there'd be no issue since Alerts are individual missions. Invasions, on the other hand, last as long as we allow them to. I've seen some Corpus v Grineer ones go on for a week because people were fighting back and forth. Infestation ones usually last a few hours max, aside from Phorid. Now, that being said, I'm noticing coordinate missions lasting a bit longer these days, but in the early days of Mesa, if you weren't ready to leave the moment it came up, you missed out because everyone nailed it to death in half an hour.