The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyway To Make Archwings Suck Less?

EHenderson

Question

7 answers to this question

There are a few things they need to do:

Reduce enemy range - Enemies can hit you from very far away in the open maps, giving no time for shields to recharge. This means that archwings are far squishier than they appear.

Remove weapon falloff - The choice to make archwing weapons have falloff is illogical and downright annoying. If you can hit an enemy at a distance you should deal full damage.

Rework archwing abilities - The powers on the first archwing are incredibly bland. There is no significant visual feedback and the powers are fairly weak.

Make mods/resources be collected for everyone - Maps of this scale make it very hard to see pickups. Let everyone get the stuff if one person finds it.

Make it into a proper Zero-G shooter - Remove the inability to spin infinitely vertically and make the UI actually give feedback on where things are. There is no reference plane in zero-g, so making controls act like there is gets in the way.

I think my main issue is that you have to shoot everything for 10+ seconds to kill it.

Well that's because you are using an unmodded weapon. Once you get a couple of the mods things die quite fast.

Since you don't like archwing, you wouldn't be terribly interested in the archwing exclusives the event's handing out.

I personally enjoy it(as it doesn't take more than 10 seconds to kill anything for me- using imperator) in itself, and have abstained from playing it due the the lack of variety that came from introducing a brand-spanking-new way to play the game.

If you're actually looking for advice on how to make it seem more enjoyable despite being barren: play with friends and just do a bunch of absurd bullS#&$ for the sake of entertainment and being flashy.

I think bigger stats and damage, more speed, removal of falloff, and bigger environments are critical to making Archwing better. When in an archwing the feeling of speed combined with a feeling of power is important. Seeing as I'm so slow, i have the same level of shields as some of my frames do, and I feel disproportionately large when I look at Galleon debris, I feel that the feel needs a rework overall. It doesn't feel powerful, I don't see big numbers, and therefore I don't feel that it's powerful. Even multiplying health, shield, and damage values x5 would be a viable solution, since it scales the same way, but it gives the illusion of big defenses and big damage.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

It doesn't feel powerful, I don't see big numbers, and therefore I don't feel that it's powerful. Even multiplying health, shield, and damage values x5 would be a viable solution, since it scales the same way, but it gives the illusion of big defenses and big damage.

It's interesting how much the damage numbers seem to impact your experience. Since I turned the damage numbers off ages ago Archwings feel powerful simply from the giant guns and massive blades. I also use the Demolition wing a lot and unleashing nukes on the enemy is automatic power fantasy fuel.

To get the power disparity across it might help if they include moments where we can shoot at the enemies we fight in normal levels and they all have 1 effective hp against archwings.

Treat it like those Pen and Paper RPGs with scale mechanics.

A trooper and a tank might both have 10 armour and attack with a d8, but the tank multiplies it by 10 when interacting with the trooper.