The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Themes For Warframes (Grineer Type Please!)

Thep_Erson

Hi, Thep here.

So after looking around the warframes a bunch and connecting them to factions, I think it's pretty obvious to tell that Valkyr resembles Corpus and Saryn represents Infested. However, what displeases me is that there isn't a rustic, industrial warframe that screams grineer! D.E. pls, I'm begging you, make a warframe that represents some aspects of grineer!

(Also Derf Anyo needs to be a thing.) ;3

Well I mean, isn't the thing around Saryn's neck and thigh infested tissue? Anyways, I feel like Grineer uses fire a lot, but we already have ember. So maybe the grineer warframe would either have abilities similar to rusty metal or cloned tissue. Maybe a summoner class....? (Actually that would probably infested to make more sense and we already have spectors...')

The most Grineer looking Warframe we have right now is Vauban, in my opinion. But still, a "full Grineer" based Warframe would be extremely cool. It was something I suggested back when I joined the forums and I still support the idea. Though I'd like to see a thick chunk of lore behind him/her. Ah, I expect it to have a Turret/Drone/Roller deploying skill.

Edited by Krotalon

Well I mean, isn't the thing around Saryn's neck and thigh infested tissue? Anyways, I feel like Grineer uses fire a lot, but we already have ember. So maybe the grineer warframe would either have abilities similar to rusty metal or cloned tissue. Maybe a summoner class....? (Actually that would probably infested to make more sense and we already have spectors...')

No, it's not.

All Warframes are Tenno. 

@Krot,

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about Vauban. I guess his turrets are similar to the mechanisms the grineer use such as the latchers and rollers? I guess he is a summoner type too now that I think about it. Summoners and engineers are similar so, meh. I wonder how a purely-grineer-based warframe would play differently.

No, it's not.

All Warframes are Tenno. 

Well, of course, but each there are warframes that give a slight (or major in my opinion) resemblense to other factions, such as Corpus, and Valkyr. However, they were augmented for Tenno use, similar to researched weapons.

I'm not sure why everyone acts as though Valkyr is a corpus-frame. Other than the whole torture thing and her restraints, she looks nothing like the Corpus and has nothing in common with them. The very basics of her character are opposite that of the Corpus (Corpus have high shields but low HP, Valkyr has low shields but 'high' HP and armor).

Let me correct myself, a Tenno that comes from/affected by Grineer Lore. Valkyr was affected by the Corpus, and it is argueable that Sayrn was affected by the Infested (due to poisin based abilities and visuals.) I'm just asking for a warframe that, you know, has like some sort of resemblance to grineer.

• 7 months later...