Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed: Security Measure

--SD--

Diablo III implemented this feature after many accounts were lost to hackers.

Can you please consider adding a "by-choice to use" an additional layer of security?

This feature (relying on Diablo III) is to use a random token algorithym. This "KEY" can be mobile phone app or cell phone validation when signing on.

I just do not want to work hard in creating my TENNO only to have it lost to some idiot hacker.

Please report back the idea's feasibility and possible timing on if we can have this done.

One would use the KEY upon log in.

A small inconvenient step in a sounder secure road.

SD

I wouldn't worry to much about your FTP account being hacked. Most accounts are hacked because they are then in turn used to FARM gold or Sell on 3rd party sites...This is a free to play game, Diablo 3 is from Blizzard..there takes a good deal of money to impliment and to continue a security feature of this nature.

I do believe its beyond the scope of the budget for the game.

Sleep easy Tenno..no Haxors are out to take your RUBEDOS

=)

The primary way people are hacked currently is your password and email are obtained from things such as LivingSocial loosing out 50 million accounts.  Then these lists are compiled and cross referenced with other existing lists.  Then a bot 'bruteforces' itself by attempting every one of those combinations until they get your account.  Of course there must be profit in stealing an account and at the moment with zero trade and PVP Warframe is a rather low priority for being hacked, other then the lolz.  

PoE had a great system in that if you log in from another IP or MAC address your account is locked until you unlock it with an email.

Sign up for new and improved ingame insurance, where when you get hacked by that pesky criminal looking to get rich off your hard earned alloy plate, we step in and send you an email that says "lol wtf you got hacked? rly? no wai!"

Act now and we'll offer you a discounted price of only 200 platinum! Hurry while supplies last!

Sign up for new and improved ingame insurance, where when you get hacked by that pesky criminal looking to get rich off your hard earned alloy plate, we step in and send you an email that says "lol wtf you got hacked? rly? no wai!"

Act now and we'll offer you a discounted price of only 200 platinum! Hurry while supplies last!

:)