The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Common Freezing During Loading Screens

DarknightK

After U15, or one of its hotfixes, I've noticed that loading screens with other users oftenly results in Warframe not responding, and ends with me having to close it via task manager, with the usual message, "this program has stopped responding".

This isn't a very common problem, but it is common enough to where I see it multiple times a day after logging on for a play session (At least once).

Please optimize loading screens with multiple players?

The problem is not with Warframe itself but how people have their modem setup or router. I have my ports forwarded properly http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm and I never have issues hosting. It is necessary that you perform port forwarding FOR WARFRAME SPECIFICALLY as Warframe uses very specific ports. In addition to  ensure 0 problems for clients they must perform the port forwarding themselves as well due to how warframe is hosted and connects to hosts directly. Without proper forwarding you will hit many roadblocks when playing Warframe due to it not being played on dedicated servers. Until it is played on dedicated servers everyone will have these problems.

I have already port forwarded my ports specifically for Warframe, as well as changing the inbound/outbound rules for it in windows firewall. As far as I know there should be dedicated ports for Warframe and nothing else. But I'll take another look and edit back tomorrow.

The problem is not with Warframe itself but how people have their modem setup or router. I have my ports forwarded properly http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm and I never have issues hosting. It is necessary that you perform port forwarding FOR WARFRAME SPECIFICALLY as Warframe uses very specific ports. In addition to  ensure 0 problems for clients they must perform the port forwarding themselves as well due to how warframe is hosted and connects to hosts directly. Without proper forwarding you will hit many roadblocks when playing Warframe due to it not being played on dedicated servers. Until it is played on dedicated servers everyone will have these problems.

if you don't have any technological knowledge about these things, please refrain from spreading these BS solutions

these issues were not present before, but have been since one of the U15 patches

freezes during loading of the game, freezes during loading of missions, and freezes at the start of missions

I checked my resources and during that time the game is actually doing nothing just freezing

something is wrong with the coding, they broke the game back to the alpha stages and need to fix the issues they created

it's a shame, I haven't played warframe for a few weeks and when I came back the game was totally broken

my motivation to start playing warframe again was shot down and currently I'm only doing the events, which are currently very hard to do as I keep disconnecting from sessions in 99% of the cases due to the freezes in the game

if you don't have any technological knowledge about these things, please refrain from spreading these BS solutions

these issues were not present before, but have been since one of the U15 patches

freezes during loading of the game, freezes during loading of missions, and freezes at the start of missions

I checked my resources and during that time the game is actually doing nothing just freezing

something is wrong with the coding, they broke the game back to the alpha stages and need to fix the issues they created

it's a shame, I haven't played warframe for a few weeks and when I came back the game was totally broken

my motivation to start playing warframe again was shot down and currently I'm only doing the events, which are currently very hard to do as I keep disconnecting from sessions in 99% of the cases due to the freezes in the game

Your words in my ears.