The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Serious Fps Lag :s

Confidence

when i first installed WF i had about 40-50 fps , which isnt great , but i was able to play almost no problem..

now im struggling to keep 20 fps "lowest settings" iv only been playing about 2 weeks , i have nothing on my pc except Teamspeak 3 , warframe , java , a couple of other games movies/music and a few pictures..

i have the latest drivers , iv done everything possible to clean up my pc , including the fans inside.

Yet i cannot get rid of this 20 fps..

i use to have a solid 40-45 , and all of a sudden since update 7.8 iv had half the fps , i dont really know what to do about this other then buy another computer , which i cant anytime soon , so i was wondering if anyone had another temporary solution to increase fps ?

the video card is an old gforce 9400 gt 1 gig , which sucks , however i was able to play fine before , now im struggling and cant figure out why.

Any ideas ? O_o

i cant think what i should do other then reinstalling windows 7 , but i  did that just before i downloaded the game so i see no point?

i really miss playing properly , i cant do defense missions either because i get swarmed and fps drops to like 10 :s

Edited by Confidence

A serious reply would be a giant wall of text and require a ton of effort.

First, we would have to ask a bunch of questions.  Have you installed anything new?  Have you scanned for virus/malware?  Have you tried lower your settings?  In particular the resolution?  What programs are running when you play Warframe?  Can you check your cpu usage BEFORE starting Warframe to see if anything is taxing your computer?  Do all your other games work just fine?

Then, depending on those answers we could recommend different settings, av/anti-malware programs, turning off different programs (possibly using task manager), possibly even uninstalling some stuff.

By far the simplest thing to do is to turn off some of the effects under options and lower the resolution.  But I'm willing to bet that's not the answer you were looking for.

As for reinstalling windows 7, that's a bit extreme unless you think your computer is hopelessly swamped by viruses and such.  If you're using Windows 7, Microsoft Security Essentials should be protecting your computer.  If you don't know what it is, google it and make sure you have it.  Then get MalwareBytes (free anti-malware software) and run it.  You might run Trend Micro's House Call AV also (free too).

Before starting Warframe, press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and then select Task Manager.  Go to the performance tab.  In the top left it will show your cpu usage.  If its over 10%, you probably have too much stuff running.  Try close tabs in your browser or closing the browser completely.  If shutting down programs and browser tabs doesn't help, then you need to move to the 'Processes" tab (two over from 'Performance') and see specifically what processes are eating up your cpu power.  Google them to figure what exactly they are.

As for my system, the last update improved my framerate.  And I haven't read any other posts complaining of huge fps drops.  So the assumption would be its something wrong with your system.

Your "nice community" comment indicates you feel entitled to free tech support by posting in a videogame forum, so here it is.

Taking care of your computer won't solve unoptimized programming. 
I have pretty insane gaming gear with water cooling installed. In normal conditions i can get 100+ FPS, but sometimes there is this uber lag that drops my FPS to 20. (Example: while HOSTING Kappa mission). It's a sick joke... Truly truly sick joke.

Before starting Warframe, press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and then select Task Manager.  Go to the performance tab.  In the top left it will show your cpu usage.  If its over 10%, you probably have too much stuff running. 

So you are saying that CPU load shouldn't go over 10%? WTF did i just read. 

Like Oranjeboom asked...

If you are hosting your FPS will suffer a bit.. specially in Defense missions where a bunch of enemies spawn at the same time.

So try joining some randoms online and see if your FPS improve.

---

Also, go on Nvidia Control Panel and change the 3D settings to PERFORMANCE. It might help too.

Some missions lag and some don't, I cant figure it out, when I join a new mission everything is OK if I join a mission already going, for the first part I am shooting at already dead mobs until I can catch up to the guys running ahead of me.

yeah noticed that too, mostly when hosting... which looks like a very bad game design.

70% of the games i dont host lag quite alot, sometimes up to the point that i just quit since  you dotn know if stuff is alive or not. And that even if i have region set to my area (which is quite empty of players tbh).

20% is playable with small lagg sometimes.

10% is fine with no lag.

Rest of the times i host and with bigger battles i get FPS and network lag.

You cant design a game around the hope that everyone has high speed(100mbit+) and low ping connections. Most home connections  go through loooads of routing and aint on high priority backbones. Even worse, most got  12mbit, 5mbit or even 1mbit connections. Or even wireless with packet loss and high ping.

i only have modern warfare 2 , warframe , teamspeak 3 , xfire , skype , some pics/songs couple of movies.

i dont open much , i usually open steam and start warframe , only things open are teamspeak/warframe , since ts is good for using the mic instead of typing to my friends.

my cpu usage is constantly 100% when im playing warframe , and before update 7.8 i had no problems at all , no fps dropping , cpu usage wasnt near 100% , now it is everytime im playing..

i honestly dont know what to do to fix this.

i have no viruses , im not stupid , i only browse this forum , email , youtube , facebook , i dont download anything unless its a known game like this.

so im clueless at how to solve this right now.

i have 30mb fibre optic internet from virgin media , its really fast for my xbox live , so i dont know if it would effect my gameplay here.

it took me about 20 minutes to download this , so it cant be that bad

A 9400 GT you say? Like this one here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-9400-gt ?

I'm actually shocked that you were getting above 20 FPS with it at all. That's a fairly old card there--not to mention it's the "budget" card of the series...

Have you made sure with the launcher that you've unchecked "DX 11 Mode" and "Run in 64-Bit"? Since the 9400 isn't a DX11 card, you need that unchecked.

Also if the run in 64-bit mode is unchecked, try checking it.

Also, haven't seen it mentioned... but maybe give your HDD a nice defrag?

If all else fails, you could always clear the game cache in the launcher options, see if redownloading the game assets helps.

Edited by Letter13

i only have modern warfare 2 , warframe , teamspeak 3 , xfire , skype , some pics/songs couple of movies.

i dont open much , i usually open steam and start warframe , only things open are teamspeak/warframe , since ts is good for using the mic instead of typing to my friends.

my cpu usage is constantly 100% when im playing warframe , and before update 7.8 i had no problems at all , no fps dropping , cpu usage wasnt near 100% , now it is everytime im playing..

i honestly dont know what to do to fix this.

i have no viruses , im not stupid , i only browse this forum , email , youtube , facebook , i dont download anything unless its a known game like this.

so im clueless at how to solve this right now.

Is Vsync on?

i always had vsync of , first time i put it of it lowered fps when i first installed wf , so i keep it off , and i reinstalled my w7 a week ago.

i sent a ticket about it with my dxdiag file , and they replied telling me my pc doesnt meet the requirments to play.

if that was true i wouldnt of had 40-50 fps and smooth gameplay before update 7.8

i played around with settings and put the resolution to 800-600 and went from 15 fps to 40-50 , but in window mode , i noticed i lag way more in fullscreen , atleast i can play now with around 40fps.

i know 40 fps isnt good to most people on here , but this isnt a gaming rig ..i cant afford one of those.

now i can play 40-50 fps , which is just about good enough to play defense missions without lagging to oblivion.

thanks everyone for your suggestions and trying to help me.

please ignore my second post in here , saying no reply nice community.

felt sad that i had so much fps , i love this game.

Thanks again , il remember this in future when anyone needs advice from me.

see you guys in-game