The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Getting Force Logged Out

superbot34

i can replicate this bug on the nose with 90% success rate. i know exactly how this issue occurs, when it occurs, the chances of it occurring, among other things. why? because i have had this issue since update 15 now and it's become a common thing. 

The problem. 

After 30 seconds of logging in, doing anything that sends data to DE's servers (including but not limited to, opening up my inbox, checking my friends list, upgrading a mod, claiming something from the foundry, changing a loadout, changing a frame, changing a weapon, changing a sentinel, exiting the arsenal menu) and about half of the first missions i do after logging in, i will simply get to the login screen and the reward section starts to come up but then i am force logged out, without any error messages. 

in any case, i can immediately log right back in so its not a problem with my internet. 

interesting enough, purchasing anything from the market or applying forma or catalysts/reactors will be saved after logging back in, but any arsenal changes (i change my frame, then potato my rifle) will be lost, yet the purchased items will still be there and they will still be on the equipment although anything else will be reverted to before i made the change. 

this is not a hardware issue. this is not an internet issue. this is not a cache/defrag issue. this is the third time i have posted this issue and i don't expect anyone to either have an issue or for DE to respond/fix my issue. i just want to put this out there that every time it happens i hate the game more and more, especially on days like this where i already had a stressful day. 

Edited by superbot34

your not alone, had this happen as well, exactly as you describe 

maybe they are still sorting out some gremlins related to maintenance 

it's been almost 3 months and this happens every day :| if i play for 6 hours lets say, in that 6 hours i have to expect it to happen at least 20-30 times. what's worse is if i host a game with friends, because they will get cut off from me if it happens. plus, i must note that when i get forced logged out at the end of a mission, i still keep my stuff. however i can't see what i got so doing void missions is terribly annoying as i have to keep track of what i have and look in my inventory for changes half the time and remember, doing this can also log me out :(

at first, i thought it was an issue with my game simply being corrupted or had mission files so i have done the options in the launcher to clean it up several times to no avail. it must be a very rare issue that occurs with our games where we have some corrupted data that the launcher can't fix and updates can't patch :/

Edited by superbot34

You try changing what port your connected to?

yup, it's one of the first things i tried. 

as i stated, i can immediately log back in, so it's not an internet problem. at least not on my end. i also don't get any errors from my game, if my connection was bad it would tell me. "connection to server lost, you will be logged out" none of that, just forced into the log in screen if i don't hurry into a game within 30 seconds of logging in. and in that game there is a 50% chance it will log me out when the mission is complete or i try to open my inbox or settings in the game. 

• 2 months later...