The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Americanization

Feynt

DE, you're Canadian.  Be proud of our spelling heritage.  Restore the U to Moult!

(kind of a joke request, but it was a glaring change after I noticed last week the Moult skill was spelt with a U and felt pride that the US had no influence on the spelling)

Even if it's a joke, all humor has some seriousness attached to it.

I do too feel that this game is a bit too "american" for my taste even if canada is in north america, it's not the US and i do feel people should avoid making games like they tend to do in the US (At least when it comes to shooters and the like)

Facepalm all you want, my statement is correct. Canada, USA, and Mexico are all north american countries. If the OP wants things less "americanized", he should stick to eurpoean or japanese games.

Yes, all 3 countries are North American, but when the term "American" is used, it's mainly referring to the U.S.

Facepalm all you want, my statement is correct. Canada, USA, and Mexico are all north american countries. If the OP wants things less "americanized", he should stick to eurpoean or japanese games.

thank you for being the only person in the internet which is capable of telling the diference between a continent and a country.

Couldn't that also apply to South America, since you don't specify the location?

If so, then that is a whole different kettle of fish.

I just have to add,  Americans wouldn't be offended, we don't know how to spell molt anyway...

now now, im canadian and im offended by that

i want the u!!!

Edited by JackVII

I do too feel that this game is a bit too "american" for my taste even if canada is in north america, it's not the US and i do feel people should avoid making games like they tend to do in the US (At least when it comes to shooters and the like)

Half life, Call of Duty, and Quake are all US shooter games (series). What is "like they tend to do in the US"?

EDIT: Also, isn't it ironic that you said Americanization?

Edited by Argoms

I'm detecting a serious level of butthurt here. These seem like really really minute and subtle differences that you're complaining aboot.

How does that make a game uniquely and durastically different from US made games?

Of course the mods could slap canadian flags everywhere and add eh into the Lotus dialog, but I don't think that would be in keeping with the whole futurism theme.

Edited by Bukethead

They had to take it out of Moult, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

Consider what the molt skill does. You shed your skin and step out of it, and the enemies keep shooting at your shed skin.

So the skill surrounds you with your shed skin, and then takes U out of it.

That's why MOULT turned to MOLT.

They had to take it out of Moult, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

Consider what the molt skill does. You shed your skin and step out of it, and the enemies keep shooting at your shed skin.

So the skill surrounds you with your shed skin, and then takes U out of it.

That's why MOULT turned to MOLT.

Someone already made that joke.

Seriously? Are you suggesting that Canada won't be around in the future? I'm offended. :P

Anyhow, I've got a better idea...

How about whenever Frost uses Snow Globe all nearby Tenno instantly put on toques, their melee turns into a hockey stick and the game initiates 'skate mode' (much like old-school lag-skating) where everytime a tenno gets a stick kill a buzzer goes off.

Now that would be Canadian!