The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your View On The Strata Destruction?

Gale47

As far as I'm concerned - it's sickening. A boatload of capable Tenno was lollygagging around, actually *hoping* to see the Strata burn. While I certainly can understand people being curious whether the big explosion would happen or not, this also tells us much about the average mentality of the Tenno around these parts.
I mean, the game sure has its flaws and sometimes bores all of us, but should we really cheer once a whole damned Relay is destroyed by that cloned bastard? Civilians were killed, lots of them. Syndicate operatives too. Not to mention the tech that was devastated just now. Because that's what happened. Every single Tenno that's involved in the game lore cringed upon seeing these reactions. Those who don't care much about the game's universe cheered (FFS). What's your take on this, folks?

It's cause there was no story tied to the relays - they just showed up and BOOM we suddenly have seven identical places to hang out.

There was no emotional connection established to the station or anyone there, so, unlike the Citadel of the Mass Effect series, no one cared that our station was going to be destroyed.

High chance it was planned...

No way the fomorian finished with 30% with saturn going still well and venus being humiliated so hard to get UI-bugged at 10% :p

It's because the players intentionally allowed Strata to be destroyed, just so they can watch a short cutscene of the Relay blowing up. With the excuse being that it's "for science".

As far as I'm concerned - it's sickening. A boatload of capable Tenno was lollygagging around, actually *hoping* to see the Strata burn. While I certainly can understand people being curious whether the big explosion would happen or not, this also tells us much about the average mentality of the Tenno around these parts.

I mean, the game sure has its flaws and sometimes bores all of us, but should we really cheer once a whole damned Relay is destroyed by that cloned bastard? Civilians were killed, lots of them. Syndicate operatives too. Not to mention the tech that was devastated just now. Because that's what happened. Every single Tenno that's involved in the game lore cringed upon seeing these reactions. Those who don't care much about the game's universe cheered (FFS). What's your take on this, folks?

You know, this is...a GAME. Those civilians and syndicates are PIXELS, DATA. In any case, 1 point per mission doesn't worth it. I really couldn't care less.

Edited by VikingHelm

It's the result of a poorly designed event:

1) What's the point of running a Fomorian again after you have all the rewards?

2) All Relays are the same so if one is destroyed it's not much of a loss.

1) How about...preserving a relay? 

2) DE said they'd make each on unique. Now we won't be able to see what the Strata relay was going to look like.

Luckily, I'm on PS4. We'll get to learn from your mistakes, and will have already seen the cutscenes from PC. /rant

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated