Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Names Of The Basic Melee Moves On Stances Are Different, So Why Do They Function The Same?

Racercowboy

I'm sure people have noticed that in the stance mod combo listing it lists different names for the basic melee moves (jump attack, slam attack, etc.).

So I was thinking, we got these awesome names for them, but they all function the same. Wouldn't it be interesting if they were actually different? Why not add some cool effects to go along with the cool names? 

Honestly, I had hoped that they would be different per weapons/stance with different effects or multipliers on top of different animations.  I remember a preview for the glaive's jump attack involved throwing the glaive at the ground while in the air and then picking it back up again, but we ended up with almost exactly the same jump attack for every weapon, given a couple exceptions (whips).

I was quite disappointed, but they mentioned that stances are going to be revisited, so hopefully aside from a new combo or two we get some different functionality at least per weapon class.