Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breaking Windows Into Space.

Lucem-Infernalem

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the effect of shattering windows in the corpus ship tile set. I currently love that if you break the window you immediately start taking damage to your shields and health because of the vacuum of space. I don't wish to change this however I think it would be a cool concept to be able to be sucked out into space and have it be treated like falling into any bottomless pit in the game, returning to a point before the "fall" where you won't be immediately sucked out. It just feels a little too harmless when you can sit there till your 600+ shields and eventually your health get drained out at high levels. What do people think of this idea?

i dont like the hole shattering windows thing

i have experienced a few people having fun shattering these window just to set off the alert

some people find it fun to ruin the gameplay for others i would like this thing to be removed or done so the alert wont go off by shattering the windows

I like the idea of getting sucked out... though I'm actually no friend of the current 'no downside to falling to your death' system (even though I dash or jump into those holes far too often). So maybe we could think of an alternative 'more drastic' downside ot shattering those windows besides getting sucked out. Maybe apply a elemental ice effect on everyone, as those living armors get encased in their own insta-frozen vapor, this would result in a hard blow to the shields and a slow down.. and after that we continue with the already known slowly draining of shield and health.

Would make blowing up windows for fun more dangerous, while making the destruction of windows in neighbouring rooms to kill off pursuiers a more viable tactic.

...and if some people dont enjoy playing with puppies, don't play with puppies and stick with groups of your known friends and gaming mates. No need to remove nice features from a game, cause they get abused in public games, we'll just end up with a game with no player<->player interaction, as pretty much anything can be abused and used for griefing in public games.

Edit: Also +1 to OP, cause its a nice idea.

Edited by Feindfeuer

I like the idea of getting sucked out... though I'm actually no friend of the current 'no downside to falling to your death' system (even though I dash or jump into those holes far too often). So maybe we could think of an alternative 'more drastic' downside ot shattering those windows besides getting sucked out. Maybe apply a elemental ice effect on everyone, as those living armors get encased in their own insta-frozen vapor, this would result in a hard blow to the shields and a slow down.. and after that we continue with the already known slowly draining of shield and health.

Would make blowing up windows for fun more dangerous, while making the destruction of windows in neighbouring rooms to kill off pursuiers a more viable tactic.

I like your idea better :D

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the effect of shattering windows in the corpus ship tile set. I currently love that if you break the window you immediately start taking damage to your shields and health because of the vacuum of space. I don't wish to change this however I think it would be a cool concept to be able to be sucked out into space and have it be treated like falling into any bottomless pit in the game, returning to a point before the "fall" where you won't be immediately sucked out. It just feels a little too harmless when you can sit there till your 600+ shields and eventually your health get drained out at high levels. What do people think of this idea?

Well no S#&amp;&#036;, almost everything should feel harmless with 600+ shields, unless you are terrible at the game of course.

...and if some people dont enjoy playing with puppies, don't play with puppies and stick with groups of your known friends and gaming mates. No need to remove nice features from a game, cause they get abused in public games, we'll just end up with a game with no player<->player interaction, as pretty much anything can be abused and used for griefing in public games.

Edit: Also +1 to OP, cause its a nice idea.

I really like this idea. Adding ice to everyone because of the vacuum would be a very cool mechanic. It would make it a last resort so as to hurt whatever enemies are around you and slow them down at the cost of your own mobility. That's the kind of dynamic environment that really gets me into a game.

Well no S#&$, almost everything should feel harmless with 600+ shields, unless you are terrible at the game of course.

Ever seen a level 55 Grineer? 600 shields turn into 6 at anything closer than 50 meters.

Being sucked out into space is a nice idea. Although they'd have to make it so you grab onto the console when you hack it. Otherwise you couldn't hack since you'd be dragged away from it.

Also, more lethal space would make it even better. Running through a room and shooting out the windows, sliding through the almost-closed doors and turning to look over my shoulder as the pursuers are caught in a deadly vacuum. Nothing can compare to that level of badassery.

basicly it would be same as dead space 2 when you can tacticly shoot window to kill every necromorf and be pulled slowly to space, but if you didnt shoot lock you get killed, so in this one would be something like one window breaks so you are slowly pulled to space, but you can slowly move to console or grab something for sometime, and when somebody could hack console, ofcourse every enemy would be sucked to space, but if not breaked in sometime everyone sucked to space or get very big damage, ofcourse heavy warframes could move little bit faster light one would need to grab something to survive or somehow by grabing move to console

It doesnt need to ragdoll you out into space immediately.

Mechanically it should just be a force-field that continuously pulls you closer to the breach and you take increasing damage near it.

Applies to both enemies and players.

Near the breach it also applies frost.

Being sucked out into space is a nice idea. Although they'd have to make it so you grab onto the console when you hack it. Otherwise you couldn't hack since you'd be dragged away from it.

Also, more lethal space would make it even better. Running through a room and shooting out the windows, sliding through the almost-closed doors and turning to look over my shoulder as the pursuers are caught in a deadly vacuum. Nothing can compare to that level of badassery.

Extremely good idea with cool possible animations.

I'd rather not fly out the window and die. Honestly, I think it's a bit silly that you take damage in the vacuum in the first place because the extraction zones expose Tenno to vacuum as it is. 

Here's what I'd add to the decompression effects:

1. Dead enemy ragdolls are sucked out the window.

2. Both the player and Corpus/Grineer enemies should magnetically "lock" to the floor during decompression events. To give a visual cue that something is alive/moving despite the decompression and potential gravity loss, I'd fire spark effects from the feet of these models. Plus,it would look damn cool. Infested, however, should insta-kill when exposed  to vacuum, since they have no protection from oxygen loss compared to other units (Grineer have pressurized hardsuits, Corpus use mostly walkers but the crewmen also appear to wear pressurized suits.).

2a. Grineer that do NOT have face masks secure should play a strangling animation to show them lose their air, then suck the ragdoll out the window. Too often I have decompressed a room and fought Grineer marines who somehow are badass enough to breathe in space without their masks on.

3. Additional effects, like ripping a few ceiling tiles off, or blowing loose crates or physics debris out the hole.

4. I'd like to have full out "outside" sequences, where Tenno must actually walk on the surface of the ship to make it to another area. Sound should follow "Dead Space" conventions, where only the player's movement and breathing is heard. 

5. Make all windows potentially decompressable. It's annoying that only one room is hooked up for this feature when there are several other tiles with windows that SHOULD be able to break.

Decompression sequences are basically one of my very favorite parts of this game and I'd love to see them figure into the gameplay tactically.

Edited by SFkenny

I'd rather not fly out the window and die. Honestly, I think it's a bit silly that you take damage in the vacuum in the first place because the extraction zones expose Tenno to vacuum as it is. 

Here's what I'd add to the decompression effects:

1. Dead enemy ragdolls are sucked out the window.

2. Both the player and Corpus/Grineer enemies should magnetically "lock" to the floor during decompression events. To give a visual cue that something is alive/moving despite the decompression and potential gravity loss, I'd fire spark effects from the feet of these models. Plus,it would look damn cool. Infested, however, should insta-kill when exposed  to vacuum, since they have no protection from oxygen loss compared to other units (Grineer have pressurized hardsuits, Corpus use mostly walkers but the crewmen also appear to wear pressurized suits.).

2a. Grineer that do NOT have face masks secure should play a strangling animation to show them lose their air, then suck the ragdoll out the window. Too often I have decompressed a room and fought Grineer marines who somehow are badass enough to breathe in space without their masks on.

3. Additional effects, like ripping a few ceiling tiles off, or blowing loose crates or physics debris out the hole.

4. I'd like to have full out "outside" sequences, where Tenno must actually walk on the surface of the ship to make it to another area. Sound should follow "Dead Space" conventions, where only the player's movement and breathing is heard. 

5. Make all windows potentially decompressable. It's annoying that only one room is hooked up for this feature when there are several other tiles with windows that SHOULD be able to break.

Decompression sequences are basically one of my very favorite parts of this game and I'd love to see them figure into the gameplay tactically.

Way better than my idea!

Don't forget debris damage for #3

Gotta have some debris damage from dead bodies and metal crates just layin around

Edited by Guest

Being sucked out of the window could be like being "downed" in multiplayer. You hang onto the window frame with one hand, still get to shoot a pistol with the other. Once your stamina runs out, you lose your grip and float away for a few seconds before revival time. Maybe limite going out the window in the first place only if you are sent flying by melee hits of shockwaves to make it not too annoying. That limit also gives the ability for a Tenno still firmly planted on the floor to be able to come over and pull the spaced ally back in through the window. Doing so could be a faster save than making it to the console. Maybe allow a Mag player to use Pull to bring in players that lost their grip.