The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Tower New Treasure Run Room Concept

StallordD

We all love treasure run rooms in the void, and I think it's about time we got another. But I wanted to add one that was literally a tower, and focused less on parkour and speed and more on survivability and reflex. Here are some rough little overviews of the run. They are a bit mean in concept, and not perfectly symmetrical due to my lack of skill, though they are meant to be. Scale is a bit off, but ideally the room would be rather wide.

The tower is six stages with a LARGE treasure room at the top.

[Floor One]

yQozsGV.jpg

The run begins like any other, with a large obvious start presented to the players. The timer itself does not start until the elevator in the center is activated, but once it is, the timer for the entire run counts down as opposed to the other runs where the final timer starts about half way in. It is important to note that the elevator can only go up while the course is still active. Once the elevator starts, all the water features in the run activate, to help illustrate the remaining time. Once the water ceases, the run is over.

[Floor Two]

NvLBehe.jpg

Once the elevator begins rising, the death orbs atop the pillars activate. Players will have a brief window of time to destroy them all before they are cut to ribbons at the apex of the pillars. Once they reach the top, the elevators stop, and someone must leave the lift to restart the elevator.

[Floor Three]

j9tOCwl.jpg

Floor three can be reached via the staircases along the side, or if a player is willing to risk it, with an aerial dash. There, players must simply activate the panel to restart the lift. However doing so will also activate the array of turrets surrounding the elevator. Players must quickly reach the elevator again before it leaves, or they risk being left behind.

[Floor Four]

2xpKTh6.jpg

Upon reaching the fourth floor, players will be met with a resounding pulse from all six shock orbs at once. If they are not quick to dodge the waves, they will surely be knocked off. They then must carefully traverse the thin platforms to reach the safety of the lifts to the next floor Trigger the reactivation panels at either end of the path (where the lift icons are now). Another user brought up that for consistency, the elevator should stay in the middle, and I agree. An aerial move is also possible, but the width of the room may make it difficult for many weapons. If a player is confident in their time, they can also find some hidden loot containers behind the waterfall.

[Floor Five]

qSROaI6.jpg

Here, players will have to solve a combination puzzle using the floor panels. Once the first one is pressed, the death orbs in the area will start. They are shielded and cannot be destroyed, so players will be forced to move carefully. Once all five panels have been pressed in the proper order, the final lift will be usable.

[Floor Six]

TCPZyhS.jpg

The final room. This room activates as soon as the final lift stops. The room is a large dome structure with a clear look into the void through the roof. I forgot to illustrate it, but the final door is flanked by two thin water spouts to again show players if they still have time remaining. To complete this room, players must destroy five targets contained in closed orbs around the room. Each one opens 5 seconds after the previous one and in a random order. There are three laser panels that are close to the floor and project out horizontally. There are also three plates that are suspended above the room close to the dome that face downwards and diagonally. The lasers rotate around the room rather slowly at first, but gain speed as each target is destroyed. Once all five targets are gone, the run is complete, the lasers in the final room cease, the stairway rises from the pool below the door, and the treasure is yours!

Edited by StallordD

We definitely need some good treasure runs in the Void. They used to be rewarding, but now I just do them out of habit. I would gladly go through this one, even though it seems like a new mission type, an interesting one at that. I really like the idea.

Edited by Wolfhellm