Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

De Please... Think Of The Laptops With All The New Effects We Are Getting

Racercowboy

DISCLAIMER: Before I begin, I want to clarify that I myself do not play on a laptop. This is more for 3 of my friends who all play on laptops, but can't even play the game with us anymore (one of them only has a chance of loading into the game... Thankfully it's not the same chance as it is to find Nova Prime parts). With that said, please continue reading if you are interested.

If you bothered to read the above, you'll know that I have 3 friends who all play on laptops. We have been thoroughly enjoying this game together, as it's one of the only games they can play on their laptops. One of them was rejoicing his little heart out when multithreaded rendering was introduced, he was getting 30-40fps framerate on minimal settings! More optimizations made it so their laptops ran the game even smoother! All was going well... until the interactive loading screens attacked.

The interactive loading screens put so much burden on their laptop, that it would freeze on a regular basis. This would have been fine.... If they could load into a game with us. You see, they have freezes last so long that they loose connection with the host and are returned back to their liset. Back when there was no interactive loading screen, they did not have this issue. What makes matters worse is that if they do want to play with others, they are forced to host because of this and hosting puts a larger burden on the computer, reducing their performance pretty heavily. At least they can still play- oh wait, there goes Jimmy. Host migration ensues.

As you can see, the situation is very bleak. Two of them already quit warframe out of frustration. The last one seems to be on the verge of going. Whether they'll come back or not is up to them. The sad part is it makes me want to leave too, and my computer can handle anything this game throws at it. I can't help but think what other patch will come that adds something that takes away another friend's or clanmate's ability to play the game?

With all this said, I will make this suggestion with great fervor:

PLEASE, ADD AN OPTION TO DISABLE THE INTERACTIVE LOADING SCREEN.

We like pretty things, but we also like to play the game. Even if it's just a picture of our four colorful lisets we'd be happy. Keep in mind, these are just my three friends. Who knows about all of the unmentioned toasters that may have left because of these changes.

Edited by Racercowboy

This is sounds very similar to what someone I know is dealing with

This would be a great addition. To the game as I don't really like the interactive loading screen but I like to see my liset. So maybe like a skyrim-esque loading screen. Liset rotating in the middle of a black screen as the game loads.

Most laptops are not made to play games, you can't expect Warframe to be playable on absolutely everything, specially if the deviced is not designed for gaming.

Edit: for the record i am not against your proposal, but it's just surprising the amount of people playing on laptops nowadays... it's like going to a cars race with bikes and insisting in participating, off course you can try and you might manage to do it, but dude... you already knew you were supposed to bring a car...

Edited by Orbister

Most laptops are not made to play games, you can't expect Warframe to be playable on absolutely everything, specially if the deviced is not designed for gaming.

Edit: for the record i am not against your proposal, but it's just surprising the amount of people playing on laptops nowadays... it's like going to a cars race with bikes and insisting in participating, off course you can try and you might manage to do it, but dude... you already knew you were supposed to bring a car...

But if you can make it playable on them, you know, DE gets more money.

If its a simple solution that wont affect whoever has gaming comps, then do it.

So I may sometimes be disconnected because of that loading screen? Great.

Another performance problem I noticed is in the event mission. When I look towards the fomorian, my fps drop down to unplayable levels (<10) while the game runs otherwise at ~30, depending on how much stuff is happening.

I understand that warframe won't be playable on anything. But for it to go from "works good on my computer" to "100% unplayable" is not a good thing, and makes DE look very bad.

It's getting to the point where the system requirements on the steam page will not be enough to run this game. One of my friends laptops exceeded the requirements, and he can't play the game anymore.