The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customizable Tenno

geninrising

For a long time my clan and I have been kicking around an idea for content that we would pay through the nose for due to the fact that the majority of us see the current customization (ie: immortal skins,armor addons, colors) to be extremely lackluster and certainly not worth the prices. So this is our idea:

Customizeable Tenno!

Give players the ability to mix and match both parts(ie: helmet, torso, arms, legs, armor bits from primes) and powers to create their very own Tenno.

You would not always see the exact same recolored frames in every mission. In addition it would allow players another range of freedom with their power choices. In our idea it would allow you to take any power from any frame you own and have leveled to 30 as either a rank 1, 2, 3, or 4. In order to preserve some semblance of balance ensure that the slot can only take up a corresponding slot of the same number that way we get no WOF, M prime, radial disarm, sound quake builds. This would allow a thus far unheard of range of variance in both gameplay and potential utility. Allowing players to play the frames the way they want to with little restriction. This would create a massive surge in interest in all frames imo because it would add value to acquiring all the frames to have the most options available to a player at any given moment.

Uh... Can we not though? Every frame would lose any individuality it has.

Recolouring is way more than enough. I've never seen two frames that looked alike, nor two players that played the same way, no matter how lackluster you think the immortal skins and armour pieces are.

WoW would be terrible if you could mix and match classes. Warframes are basically classes. I vote no.

I like your idea...in theory. 

But for Warframe? Not so much. It would completely defeat the purpose of having different warframes to begin with. Powers need balancing, models need remodeling, not to mention conflicts with the lore of the game. 

More customization is always welcome in my book, but combining frames and powers would ruin it for me.

The entire idea stems from the fact that thus far everything is stuffed into a cookie cutter build. Currently you have mostly 2 kinds of builds for Loki, Disarm or Invis build. You have 2 kinds of rhino, Iron skin or All around. 1 kind of Saryn. 2 kinds of Nova Fast or slow. It just becomes so boring that the only way we can possibly find any challenge or enjoyment is spending an hr in t4 content which to be frank is just not enjoyable at this point nor was it ever really enjoyable to have to play that long to actually need the skills we have worked to develop. What I am looking at is an idea to not take away individuality but to foster player choice and create a more diverse gameplay state. Currently everyone just does what is optimal given the molds we have to date. With our idea people would be encouraged to break said mold and actually think more about what they wanted to be able to do in any given circumstance. There are some people myself included that find the idea of making team synergy a real thing beyond we need x frames for this mission. The truth of the matter is that without allowing true player driven diversity any game will eventually stagnate and this idea has the potential to drive Warframe for many years whereas the current mold of spitting out new frames constantly has a flavor of the month then fade into obscurity feel. With this type of system in place the devs would see a renewed interest in frames if nothing else for the sake of obtaining the abilities or parts you like rather than our current pump and dump model for say a frame like Oberon.

Edited by geninrising