Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Welp. You've Done It. Good Job

RyouichiKitsune

Update after update...the content got higher. as did the required specs. so here is a slight look at what im bringing to the table

AMD FX 8350

AMD Radeon 5830

8GB 1600mhz

that should be fine. for running warframe...........and it is

but the problem is the Huge memory leaks shown below.

Warframe JUST starting up along with 8 videos running in firefox for a comparison on 360p.

fB3X3BP.png

After 30 mins of sitting in the background (i also turned all the youtube videos to 720p)

nQ5YGvW.png

so after that nice little leak of mass data...i thought it was my ram...mobo...cpu...something was messed up right?

no i tried running it on my 3d-modeling computer.

GeForce GTX 970

intel core i7-4960x

32GB of 1600GHZ RAM

and believer it or not. it was worse. probably because it had more RAM to lose but still. This is inexcusable

and the second problem? i actually have to try to stream this lazily compiled mess of code. BUT OH WAIT.  I can't.

Upon starting up OBS or xsplit respectively. upon trying to capture the game. it crashes instantly with game OR window capture. again i thought it was the capture programs. I tried a plethora of other programs. on both computers. to NO avail

So here is your feed back and a good idea. instead of becoming the next Assassins Creed Unity. how about compiling and optimizing the game first before we start adding more things huh?

Just a thought.

as for anyone else. Are you having the same problems i am? the game does not look or run that good for the specs its asking for

EDIT: It's been a while since i streamed this game. thought i would try. upon finding out i cant i monitored my system. hence why this didnt come sooner closer to the release of the "update"

Edited by RyouichiKitsune

Update after update...the content got higher. as did the required specs. so here is a slight look at what im bringing to the table

AMD FX 8350

AMD Radeon 5830

8GB 1600mhz

that should be fine. for running warframe...........and it is

but the problem is the Huge memory leaks shown below.

Warframe JUST starting up along with 8 videos running in firefox for a comparison on 360p.

fB3X3BP.png

After 30 mins of sitting in the background (i also turned all the youtube videos to 720p)

nQ5YGvW.png

so after that nice little leak of mass data...i thought it was my ram...mobo...cpu...something was messed up right?

no i tried running it on my 3d-modeling computer.

GeForce GTX 970

intel core i7-4960x

32GB of 1600GHZ RAM

and believer it or not. it was worse. probably because it had more RAM to lose but still. This is inexcusable

and the second problem? i actually have to try to stream this lazily compiled mess of code. BUT OH WAIT.  I can't.

Upon starting up OBS or xsplit respectively. upon trying to capture the game. it crashes instantly with game OR window capture. again i thought it was the capture programs. I tried a plethora of other programs. on both computers. to NO avail

So here is your feed back and a good idea. instead of becoming the next Assassins Creed Unity. how about compiling and optimizing the game first before we start adding more things huh?

Just a thought.

as for anyone else. Are you having the same problems i am? the game does not look or run that good for the specs its asking for

EDIT: It's been a while since i streamed this game. thought i would try. upon finding out i cant i monitored my system. hence why this didnt come sooner closer to the release of the "update"

this all has to be issues with your set up, not the game itself

i run warframe on a laptop man

not gaming laptop but damn good laptop but still

a laptop

im on the highest setting and all that

and it takes up barely any memory

in fact i have warframe going, with music, on, the internet up, videos loading to youtube, and a video rendering and im only then using 30

with all of that

with just warframe,

im not even past 10 while running around in missions

its something with your set man,

if my laptop doesnt have any issues

then you setup should be blazing it no problem.

this all has to be issues with your set up, not the game itself

i run warframe on a laptop man

not gaming laptop but damn good laptop but still

a laptop

im on the highest setting and all that

and it takes up barely any memory

in fact i have warframe going, with music, on, the internet up, videos loading to youtube, and a video rendering and im only then using 30

with all of that

with just warframe,

im not even past 10 while running around in missions

its something with your set man,

if my laptop doesnt have any issues

then you setup should be blazing it no problem.

then you're a super lucky one. because me. and all of my 62 friends. and co-workers have this exact same problem of huge memory leaks.

I have noticed that occasionally warframe's memory usage will almost double after having it open for awhile but I have never had it actually slow down my computer's performance. 

have you tried streaming? even on the lowest possible settings on both its insane.

EDIT: yay my 333 post

Well, my 3930k, 32gb of 1866, and GTX970 G1 gaming doesn't have any problems at all running the game, with multiple windows open at the same time.

Also, to do with your capture issue, never had that problem either. Have you tried FRAPS?

I monitor my computer resources extensively, and there's NEVER been anything like that.

go down the usual list of things first, update Motherboard Drivers, update other Hardware Drivers.

that's always step one.

if it's still persisting, then i would Verify your File Cache. i am not noticing Memory Leaks myself, however i do always have a background cleaner that steals Memory from Applications that are leaving a paper trail, so it's probably cleaning up most leaks.

if it still persists, then i would talk with Support.

as for Streaming, there's plenty of people around that are streaming Warframe, quite a few of which i know use OBS, and i don't know of any issues they're having, this sounds like something odd is happening with Warframe interfacing with your Hardware & Software combination.

Well, my 3930k, 32gb of 1866, and GTX970 G1 gaming doesn't have any problems at all running the game, with multiple windows open at the same time.

Also, to do with your capture issue, never had that problem either. Have you tried FRAPS?

I monitor my computer resources extensively, and there's NEVER been anything like that.

you...cant stream with FRAPS. but yes i tried that along with camtasia.

go down the usual list of things first, update Motherboard Drivers, update other Hardware Drivers.

that's always step one.

if it's still persisting, then i would Verify your File Cache. i am not noticing Memory Leaks myself, however i do always have a background cleaner that steals Memory from Applications that are leaving a paper trail, so it's probably cleaning up most leaks.

if it still persists, then i would talk with Support.

as for Streaming, there's plenty of people around that are streaming Warframe, quite a few of which i know use OBS, and i don't know of any issues they're having, this sounds like something odd is happening with Warframe interfacing with your Hardware & Software combination.

ive asked a couple of them. they said they had the problem and it "just went away after a while" so my guess is it has to do with the cruddy launcher

as for the top of the reply. that would all be fine and dandy but i also attempted this on my work computer. something i...shouldnt really have done but i had to know if this computer was junking out on me. so its none of those issues for 100% certainty.

EDIT: and again this is happening to 63 other friends and co-workers i know who actually still play this. so i doubt its a 1 or 2 computer coincidence. granted some of their stuff isnt as strong as mine but yeah.

I don't know OP. I never tried streaming or anything like that, but I'm not seeing memory leaks of that magnitude.

AMD Phenom II x4 960T 3.00GHz

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 1Gb

16GB 667MHz

Win 7 64bit

After several hours of keeping the game open in the background and playing several missions, both regular and AW including Caelus and Erpo 4-waves each, I'm only getting this:

O3Zd7RE.jpg

The update where the Europa tileset was released was truly awful though, I had to restart the game every three or four missions. The last few weeks it's been working almost perfectly.

O3Zd7RE.jpg

you call 1.5GB of memory normal? even for 16gb thats huge.

EDIT: tried to "mimic" the output warframe was. in the middle of a mission im pulling 1.8GB of ram.

closed that.....ran borderlands 2. borderlands 1. left 4 dead 2. all on highest settings and STILL cant get those crazy numbers warframes pulling.

you...cant stream with FRAPS. but yes i tried that along with camtasia.

ive asked a couple of them. they said they had the problem and it "just went away after a while" so my guess is it has to do with the cruddy launcher

as for the top of the reply. that would all be fine and dandy but i also attempted this on my work computer. something i...shouldnt really have done but i had to know if this computer was junking out on me. so its none of those issues for 100% certainty.

EDIT: and again this is happening to 63 other friends and co-workers i know who actually still play this. so i doubt its a 1 or 2 computer coincidence. granted some of their stuff isnt as strong as mine but yeah.

Just because it's occurring with a number of other people doesn't mean it is only the games fault. There are so many combinations of hardware that the game has to work on that for a smaller company like DE to fix 100% of these issues is not an easy task. The most recent major update included a huge amount of optimization work. It may be that there is something on all of your computers, perhaps running in the background, that is causing the problem.

The issue here is that on two similar machines, the issue does not appear.

Also, yes, I run most of my games on the maximum settings and have occasionally seen numbers of 1.5Gb. Crysis 1 or 3 for example.

Edited by Flaming_Snake

so its none of those issues for 100% certainty.

balderdash. you're not diagnosing issues at all.

having the game on multiple Computers doesn't rule out odd interfacing.

nor does it rule out common issues that should be checked whenever there is a problem.

i call that very normal, for a game that has a lot of unique Meshing and high-res Texturing in each Mission.

a lot of games run in the 1 000 000 - 1 750 000 MB KB range for Memory usage.

2 000 000 MB KB+ would be starting to get oddly high.

Edited by taiiat

Just because it's occurring with a number of other people doesn't mean it is only the games fault. There are so many combinations of hardware that the game has to work on that for a smaller company like DE to fix 100% of these issues is not an easy task. The most recent major update included a huge amount of optimization work. It may be that there is something on all of your computers, perhaps running in the background, that is causing the problem.

The issue here is that on two similar machines, the issue does not appear.

Considering my friend kevin t**** has pretty much the same specs

AMD Radeon 5800

AMD FX 5820

4GB of 1600 RAM

also on win 7 64bit

and has the exact same problems and we are 2 completely different people.

also considering we dont use our work computers for ANYTHING but work. which is offline. it shouldnt have any problems at all with anything. unless its in fact either the installer its self. the launcher causing a problem. or the game its self. currently im telling them to give me their numbers when its the most highest and the lowest.

i call that very normal, for a game that has a lot of unique Meshing and high-res Texturing in each Mission.

2.0+ would be starting to get oddly high.

considering its the same issue (leaking and high usage for no reason) it rules some things out.

and unique meshing and high res texturing? try starforge. doesn't even pull in these psycho numbers.

UPDATE:

From 3 different sources. it seems to attack AMD based systems more ( CPU's not GPU's) but that doesnt explain why it happens on intel cores as well

Normal for Warframe, sure. 5 minutes after loading the game it's at a stable 990-1000Mb. I'm definitely not getting a 4x memory leak like the one you showed, and back in the Europa Ice tileset update my game reached 2Gb and it simply became unusable, with UI going FUBAR and all. I haven't seen that happen again since a few updates later.

In any case, these are my video settings:

YdSUsV8.jpg

fGC0jiz.jpg

Edited by Guest

and unique meshing and high res texturing? try starforge.

set your Terrain Draw Distance in Starforge to the same size of Maps in Warframe.

Memory Usage will then probably be upwards of 5gigs+.

the default Terrain rendering Settings in Starforge the last time i launched it, was 12 Kilometers.

game was using ~12.5Gigs of Memory, and constantly climbing. it started to run into expansion issues at that point, as once it got to that point, it was running out of Memory to use up.

Starforge is the single most Memory intensive Video Game i've ever played. it's Memory usage per sector of Terrain is enormous.

-snip-

could be the screen. but again this type of thing is happening at the login screen. sitting there doing nothing. whilst in the background even. seems  thats where the biggest leak is for some odd reason. im not going to account loading screens. because thats what they are. in game is kinda spirratic depending on the tileset and enemies and explosions. but for the most part its 1.2-1.8 in mission. or around 2.0+ when when theres 500 bombarders.

set your Terrain Draw Distance in Starforge to the same size of Maps in Warframe.

Memory Usage will then probably be upwards of 5gigs+.

the default Terrain rendering Settings in Starforge the last time i launched it, was 12 Kilometers.

game was using ~12.5Gigs of Memory, and constantly climbing. it started to run into expansion issues at that point, as once it got to that point, it was running out of Memory to use up.

Starforge is the single most Memory intensive Video Game i've ever played. it's Memory usage per sector of Terrain is enormous.

and starforge has a reason...this game doesnt. even on the highest settings the graphics arent that crisp or precise enough to account for 1.5+ GB. considering it antiloads whats in front of you. maybe on survival it accounts for it  or defense but. just sitting at the title screen? i dont think so.

nor does it rule out common issues that should be checked whenever there is a problem.

a lot of games run in the 1 000 000 - 1 750 000 MB range for Memory usage.

2 000 000 MB+ would be starting to get oddly high.

2 million megabites? Man I wish that in some point of my life I had that much RAM on my PC.

My computer often runs the game with over 2 GBs. So this means there's a problem.

but. just sitting at the title screen? i dont think so.

a considerable portion of the game is parsed when loading to the Login Screen, the Memory used should clean itself up after that.

since this isn't a global issue that everyone experiences (outside of myself, i mean including people that aren't running background cleaners), you can't decide that it's the game, because it would be doing it for everyone if it was as simple as 'well the game is at fault'.

you may either investigate what's up with your Hardware and Software combinations, or decide that you don't want help while complaining that you want help.

if you don't want to diagnose what's going wrong so it may be fixed, i don't know what you expect to happen. having the same thing happen on more than one machine doesn't rule out anything. it makes hardware unlikely to be a problem, but that's about it.

2 million Megabytes? Man I wish that in some point of my life I had that much RAM on my PC.

whoops! thanks.

though tbh, i got some things that'll give you a kick.

while i can't remember my exact examples' Log files atm, here's some interesting things. some games' Logs record some really weird specs about my machine.

one game, said i had a 4 Core Pentium III (which doesn't exist), with 2.2 Terabytes of RAM.

another, again, a 4 Core Pentium III.

another, says i have an 8 Core, 12 Thread Processor (wtf? that's not even possible), with 16GB of RAM, and a 32GB Pagefile. also a 4GB GTX 980.

another that says a 4 Core Pentium III.

obviously all of those things are incorrect, otherwise there would be no point in me mentioning them.

Edited by taiiat

• 2 weeks later...