Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well Of Life - Feels Like It Needs A Buff To Me

jjpdn

Trinity is my favorite Warframe of them all. Most of my time spend playing serious missions is with Trinity. But, there was always one ability i stayed VERY VERY far away from. 

And that's Well of Life.

I do quite understand what it's use is. A cheap way to heal yourself, while temporarily taking an enemy out. The thing is... I don't feel that it's enough.

The problems I see with Well of Life:

1. It's not a toggle. What happens if you finished using it, or you've done taking that foe out of the game?

2. Damage dealt to the enemy isn't permanent. 

What I suggest:

1. Turn it into a toggled ability. I want to be able to turn it off, so that I can sort of use it like Limbo's Banish.

2. Make the damage stay. 500 damage in Well of Life should still be 500 damage out. 

Why:

1. The only use of Well of Life right now is for minor healing during missions. It's really hard to use it for enemy resource denial, as you can't control the duration of the stun and because it's limited to one enemy.

2. The damage thing is more complicated. The only reason I want this change is because of the other Warframe abilities.

Mind Control allows the targetted unit's offensive capabilities, aura and abilities to be beneficial to your team. Plus, takes enemy gunfire away and technically stuns an enemy for a long time. What's even better is that you can heal your own team if you capture an Ancient Healer. 

Banish allow you to deal 500 damage and remove that enemy from this realm + knockdown. This is a great way to temporarily store away heavy units, deal with the little fry and come back to the heavy. The biggest advantage Banish has over Well of Life is that it's able to take multiple enemies temporarily out of the battle.

Well of Life, on the other hand, can not do any of these things and can ONLY heal. It's resource denial capabilities are limited to one enemy and while it's nice it can heal 400 health, other abilities can do that AND more. It's not at all effective in any kind of endgame play. 

Edited by jjpdn

Have you tried mixing it with Energy Vampire? 

The endless scaling makes it a one or two hit insta-kill on most enemies if you know how to time it properly.

Not only that, but it can be used to keep a EV target (or as I like to all 'em "battery") alive in a team full of high-dps/AoE spammers. 

Think outside the box, lad. It's an awful skill but sometimes you have to MacGyver some S#&$ together and make the best of it. 

In my opinion, well of life doesn't need to be buffed, it needs to be reworked completely, I don't know why you'd use this instead of blessing other than single target cc and with the infinite energy source that is energy vampire, you'd prefer blessing over well of life, and even if you were to run out of energy, you'd still want to save energy for something else. I think trinity needs a more reliable form of cc, at most you can cc 5 enemies and three of those are really situational

Have you tried mixing it with Energy Vampire?

The endless scaling makes it a one or two hit insta-kill on most enemies if you know how to time it properly.

Not only that, but it can be used to keep a EV target (or as I like to all 'em "battery") alive in a team full of high-dps/AoE spammers.

Think outside the box, lad. It's an awful skill but sometimes you have to MacGyver some S#&$ together and make the best of it.

I know that.

I used to masacre Lady Bombard with that combo while farming for Saryn.

Now imagine if you didn't have to wait 2sec

Though... I never thought about that second idea.... (energy battery)

I think ill try that out right away.

Hm... while building my Trinity for this, i found myself in a dilemma. I need min duration and max power for this kind thing, but the thing is, Well of Life needs more duration, or I'll be spamming Well of Life every 4 sec, which is annoying. It seems to work well in theory, but not as well in real life. I'll need a perfect balance between duration, range and power. Do you have a build to recommend?

In my opinion, well of life doesn't need to be buffed, it needs to be reworked completely, I don't know why you'd use this instead of blessing other than single target cc and with the infinite energy source that is energy vampire, you'd prefer blessing over well of life, and even if you were to run out of energy, you'd still want to save energy for something else. I think trinity needs a more reliable form of cc, at most you can cc 5 enemies and three of those are really situational

True. But the thing is, Trinity isn't suppose to be a CC frame. She's suppose to pure support.

Oberon's the mix between CC and support.

But, true, Well of Life is overshadowed by it's more powerful version.

Edited by jjpdn

The main problem with Well of Life is not just the skill itself, but as someone stated already there's no reason to use it over Blessing. Since they changed Blessing to be recastable mid duration (which IMO was not needed, as it destroyed the overall design of Trinity's skill balance between the two skills) Well of life has completely lost it's purpose of being the go-to healing skill. As long as Blessing remains the way it is, we will never see Well of Life become viable unless it surpasses blessing, which I don't want to think about right now......

On another note, if they simply reverse the Blessing change and make it so Well of life marks every target in a radius around Trinity to heal all Tenno's health upon death for a small amount, then we might be getting somewhere. Of course, it would lose it's HP boosting mechanic.