Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option In Game Options To Disable And Filter Display Of Dark Sector Nodes. Too Much Map Clutter.

CedarDpg

While I used to use Dark Sectors for grinding credits mostly, for many months now I've found myself never going there. With taxes often set now outrageously high in a bunch of Dark Sector nodes, I had stopped using them. And for credit farming, which was mainly all I used them for, I use a bunch of normal/void/derelict nodes instead. All that the Dark Sector nodes are now is clutter as the map becomes more and more crowded with various normal/void/derelict nodes and alert/event nodes, etc.

What I suggest in the navigation screen:

A special icon in navigation could be shown next to the Event/Alert/Invasion/Syndicate icons which would drop down a list of all nodes that fit the filters below. It would also be nice if mouse-over showed some details on each node so you don't have to look in every one. Things like credit/resource taxes and bonuses, battle pay, etc.

What I suggest is some settings we can toggle in our options:

1) Dark Sector: display all/display none. Self-explanatory, either it shows all Dark Sector nodes like normal, or it doesn't show any of them. (Most likely the toggle I'd use to hide them all since I rarely if ever go there anymore.)

2) Dark Sector: filter by resource/credit tax. This would be a player definable toggle setting. Basically have a box that says "Resource Tax Max:" and "Credit Tax Max:" and the players could put a number in one or both. If they put a number in one of the boxes like Resource Tax Max: 35%, then it'll show only nodes that have a Resource Tax less than or equal to 35%. If they put numbers in both, then the node would have to meet both conditions to be displayed.

3) Dark Sector: show/hide nodes in Conflict. This would do just that, show nodes that are in Conflict, or hide them. This would be good for people who don't want to deal with PvP/Conclave crap. (Things like, squads disconnecting at opportune times during attacking/defending, PvP exploiting, dojo update freezes, DDoSing servers/host/etc. Well, I guess DE's servers coincidentally get DDoSed mysteriously during a conflict this wouldn't help that, but...)

4) Dark Sector: filter by minimum battle pay. An additional filter on top of the show/hide nodes. So a player could put in a number like 10000, and any node that offers battle pay of 10000 credits or more would be displayed. In order for a node to be show, option #3 would have to be set to "show" as well.

Edited by CedarDpg