Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beneath The Mask: What Do You Think The Warframes Look Under Their Masks?

Crimson_Thomas

*Mind the typo in the title. Sorry everyone...

Well, as the title stated, what does everybody think that the faces of each Warframe wearer looks like? I know Yuikami has some amazing drawings on the Nyx and Trinity, be sure to check her work out.

Personally, I always thought the Ash would look something like this (random find, I did not draw this) under his helmet:

3656eb09-e2b8-4894-988c-2a13232ae228.jpg

Edited by Crimson_Thomas

In the latest livestream the artist said that his original idea seems to not be flying well with the original dev team, and they're going in another direction with this particular issue. (He worked on the original darkSector, and in that, they were people inside of suits, so his original idea was people inside of suits.)

I'm guessing if they aren't people in suits, they are some sort of higher consciousness inside machines, or some such. Lotus already speaks as if she is an AI.

Edited by Arsonide

In the latest livestream the artist said that his original idea seems to not be flying well with the original dev team, and they're going in another direction with this particular issue. (He worked on the original darkSector, and in that, they were people inside of suits, so his original idea was people inside of suits.)

I'm guessing if they aren't people in suits, they are some sort of higher consciousness inside machines, or some such. Lotus already speaks as if she is an AI.

I haven't had the time to watch the latest one, thank you for that. That's interesting, I'm curious where they're going to go with this. However, I still hold the belief that they are people wearing suits, as it just doesn't seem to make much sense for them to have such specific and differentiated body features (take a good look at the male and female warframes the next time you play). That's just my opinion though. 

Also, I doubt that we would need the neural uplink parts for the Warframe helmets if they were just machines or "imprinted" forms of consciousness into "shells".

Edited by Crimson_Thomas

Call me old fashioned but I really hope they are normal looking humans. Make the story so that the reason nobody else can use the frames is because they've tweaked their genetics too much. Tenno are the only human species left that are still...um...pure or whatever. Besides, the folks (I assume tenno) we save in rescue missions seem like regular humans to me.

Seriously, not like I'll leave, but immersion will be shot for me if they're not humans under there.

Call me old fashioned but I really hope they are normal looking humans. Make the story so that the reason nobody else can use the frames is because they've tweaked their genetics too much. Tenno are the only human species left that are still...um...pure or whatever. Besides, the folks (I assume tenno) we save in rescue missions seem like regular humans to me.

Seriously, not like I'll leave, but immersion will be shot for me if they're not humans under there.

You and I hold the same sentiment, as do plenty of other players here. I always assumed that the Tenno were human due to the same reason that the hostages (which have the Lotus symbol on their "plug suits") are all human, and well, I just kinda assumed they were. Also, there are no "aliens" in Warframe, as the Technocyte virus is a bunch of malignant nanomachines, not some alien growth. 

Edited by Crimson_Thomas

actually they arn't. thanks for down-voting me because of your belief in false truths. look at the last live stream or Arsonide's post before you go trying to correct people. 

The livestream does not say anything about the Tenno not being human, just that the Dev team is taking a different direction from what the original artist had in mind. Arsonide was the one to make the assumption that it was the people-in-suits part that DE was changing, but this is not what DE said.

Back on topic, please. This thread isn't to argue whether or not the Tenno are human.

Edited by Crimson_Thomas

The livestream does not say anything about the Tenno not being human, just that the Dev team is taking a different direction from what the original artist had in mind. Arsonide was the one to make the assumption that it was the people-in-suits part that DE was changing, but this is not what DE said.

Back on topic, please. This thread isn't to argue whether or not the Tenno are human.

His post is all about how they arn't people in suits.

they aren't people in suits, they are some sort of higher consciousness inside machines, or some such. Lotus already speaks as if she is an AI.

His post is all about how they arn't people in suits.

I literally just said that's what Arsonide's post was about. I said it was an assumption he  made from watching the Livestream, and that DE never actually specified anything about whether or not the Tenno are human. Do not post on this thread again if you're just going to argue about this, this is not what it was opened for. 

I literally just said that's what Arsonide's post was about. I said it was an assumption he  made from watching the Livestream, and that DE never actually specified anything about whether or not the Tenno are human. Do not post on this thread again if you're just going to argue about this, this is not what it was opened for. 

Lol sorry. I just noticed that I read it wrong. sorry about that. I think it would be awesome if they were just floating orbs though.

This is a fairly open debate with a lot of pushing on both sides of the coin as to what the Tenno truly are.

In the livestream, they stated that nothing was set in stone. They released the models and gave ideas about what lay underneath, but apparently it is something the developers are reconsidering. Nothing has been stated and all remains possible.

It could be that the hostages are Tenno ‘civilians’ or are diplomatic constructs designed to be an analogue of their former human bodies. They could just be vanilla humans in super suits, for all we know. The idea is to create the theories yourself and give your reasoning, but whatever you do, don’t try and state what you theorize to be fact.

Personally, I am in the Transhuman, Organic Construct corner. I like to think the Tenno surpassed the need to remain in a single form, and so can change between several suits based on relic blueprints and forging methods, originating in the beginning of the Orokin Era.

It’s up to you! I love seeing what people come up with in art!

Edited by SilverBones

I have the feeling the true form of Tenno will forever remains mysterious with lots of teasing [like TF2Pyro's gender] but it's awesome cause it keeps the fans' imagination working! :D [Although I do hope they are human inside a frame or at least look human]

Edited by yuikami