Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Thing About The Math Finals (For Some People)...

Renegade343

Whenever you see this symbol (≣) instead of this (=), please note that it would most likely not be a misprint. 

That symbol (≣) represents 'strictly equal to', or 'identical to'.

That should help you a small bit with math finals (as to why math lessons never teach that small thing, it is always beyond me, given that most people seem to scratch their heads and write that off as a misprint when it is most likely not). 

Because apparently, no one wants it?

And besides, I tend to see myself as a bit like Wizard Howl. Knows my stuff, not that motivated to teach. 

To be fair, If someone had problems in mathematics, the very last place they'd want to post them is on the internet where they would get ridiculed.

For instance, when I was in secondary, my teachers would make students who asked for help in their additional mathematics to stand in front of the flagpole during the assembly, if you didn't understand it when they taught you, it means that you're a bad student and deserve the shame. This mentality carries over to the real world where even as grown ups, these people end up feeling ashamed to request for help and would rather fail than look for assistance

Whenever you see this symbol (≣) instead of this (=), please note that it would most likely not be a misprint. 

That symbol (≣) represents 'strictly equal to', or 'identical to'.

That should help you a small bit with math finals (as to why math lessons never teach that small thing, it is always beyond me, given that most people seem to scratch their heads and write that off as a misprint when it is most likely not). 

on that note

≣ is exactly equal to

≈ is roughly equal to

bd0d5f08997b7a4ad8598963f7e50231.png is not equal to

if that helps anyone

To be fair, If someone had problems in mathematics, the very last place they'd want to post them is on the internet where they would get ridiculed.

For instance, when I was in secondary, my teachers would make students who asked for help in their additional mathematics to stand in front of the flagpole during the assembly, if you didn't understand it when they taught you, it means that you're a bad student and deserve the shame. This mentality carries over to the real world where even as grown ups, these people end up feeling ashamed to request for help and would rather fail than look for assistance

also sometimes a place where noone knows you and you can post under an alias can be quite usefull

Edited by Noobsdie4eva