Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolter (From Warhammer 40K)

matrixEXO

Gotta love that gun. It's BIG, CHUNKY and SHOOTS like a BAWS! Not asking to do a direct copy but I wonder if DE could/would ever think of making a gun designed after the Warhammer 40k Bolter.

A gun that is equally as big, chunky and shoots like a baws. Not like the current guns right now. Maybe have it lower a players movement and sprint speed while wielding it.

BolterAstartes_MK_Vb.jpg

war40ksm.jpg

Edited by matrixEXO

Gotta love that gun. It's BIG, CHUNKY and SHOOTS like a BAWS! Not asking to do a direct copy but I wonder if DE could/would ever think of making a gun designed after the Warhammer 40k Bolter.

A gun that is equally as big, chunky and shoots like a baws. Not like the current guns right now. Maybe have it lower a players movement and sprint speed while wielding it.

BolterAstartes_MK_Vb.jpg

You want a gun that fires rocket propelled grenades in a semi-automatic and in some cases, fully automatic fashion?

You want a gun that fires rocket propelled grenades in a semi-automatic and in some cases, fully automatic fashion?

Since when was it a grenade being used? Didn't know that, but I doubt that.

Like I said, I want something inspired by the gun, not a copy of the gun. I want a gun to be big, chunky and shoots like a baws. Cause whenever I hear the gun sound from that game, it always feels satisfying. It's like loading down rounds of grenade-sized leads onto enemies without a worry.

Edited by matrixEXO

Since when was it a grenade being used? Didn't know that, but I doubt that.

Like I said, I want something inspired by the gun, not a copy of the gun. I want a gun to be big, chunky and shoots like a baws. Cause whenever I hear the gun sound from that game, it always feels satisfying. It's like loading down rounds of grenade-sized leads onto enemies without a worry.

Since always. Bolter is a gyrojet grenade launcher, using cased ammunition with the bolt being shot out of the barrel with a gunpowder charge before the self-stabilizing jet activates. Upon arrival, the bolt will burrow as deep as it can and explode.

See https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34890-gyrojet-rifle/'>this topic.

Since always. Bolter is a gyrojet grenade launcher, using cased ammunition with the bolt being shot out of the barrel with a gunpowder charge before the self-stabilizing jet activates. Upon arrival, the bolt will burrow as deep as it can and explode.

See this topic.

I just saw a vid on it from the topic. Technically, it's a miniature bunker buster. But in the gun's case, it's a "thick armor"-piercing bullet. Remember how thick Space Marine's armors are. The gun's designed for those kind of combat. To me, it's the perfect anti-Grineer gun one can ever ask for.

Wlep, *perfect* gun is too op for this game, as Hek has taught us.)

I only said perfect anti-Grineer gun. Might not be the case for other factions. Also, I think I pointed out in the OP that the gun ought to lower movement and sprint speeds. Which makes this gun much much scarier to carry around than a normal gun. 

PS: I would guess that a gun as big and chunky as a Bolter would have some long reload times? Like 6.0s with only 20 rounds?

Pfft. This is what we need, OP. I'd only agree to this. Nothing less. No compromises, even in the face of oblivion.

8f6718412e5a.png

Seriously though, Tenno are spec-ops in their core. The heaviest and clunkiest gun they field is the Gorgon. If they need anti-armour capabilities, they load AP. They don't really have a need for weapons of such magnitude - they never face tanks or larger-than-human mechs (Jackal not included, but that's why you have to immobilize it first), so I don't really see any point in having a bolter or a similar weapon in the game.

Edited by Panzermeido

I only said perfect anti-Grineer gun. Might not be the case for other factions. Also, I think I pointed out in the OP that the gun ought to lower movement and sprint speeds. Which makes this gun much much scarier to carry around than a normal gun. 

PS: I would guess that a gun as big and chunky as a Bolter would have some long reload times? Like 6.0s with only 20 rounds?

Well, no gun so far does that... But I can't wait to see when they are going to implement it into the balancing equation and stop nerfing all the guns into oblivion with balance only based around damage.

And, bolter is effective against meatbags as well, with it's bolts exploding in someone's ribcage... Mmm, smells of family-friendly fun. I'd love to have this gun, or just the gyrojet rifles that were suggested all over.

Edited by GTG3000

Pfft. This is what we need, OP. I'd only agree to this. Nothing less. No compromises, even in the face of oblivion.

[image]

Seriously though, Tenno are spec-ops in their core. The heaviest and clunkiest gun they field is the Gorgon. If they need anti-armour capabilities, they load AP. They don't really have a need for weapons of such magnitude - they never face tanks or larger-than-human mechs (Jackal not included, but that's why you have to immobilize it first), so I don't really see any point in having a bolter or a similar weapon in the game.

To be fair, that's a standard issue Bolter, which Space Marines use more or less exclusively for anti-infantry.  Their anti-tank guns are fairly ridiculous.  Even a heavy Bolter (which fires 1.0 caliber shells instead of .50 caliber like the Bolter) at fully automatic will only down a tank if you get a lucky.  

Admittedly, scale is absurd in Warhammer 40k.  Space Marines are what? Eight feet tall?  And that's without the power armor augmenting everything.  

That said, I'm not for it.  Space Marine's aren't really similar at all to the Tenno.  It'd be silly to have them use their weapons.  If anything the Tenno are basically Tau with their suits and their weapons would fit into the world a lot better.  Here's their standard weapon.

4299783285_be7afe3476_z.jpg?zz=1

Edit: Just found this.  Found it's a good comparison to the ridiculous size that is space marines.

untitled.jpg

Edited by ZefiruShrike

To be fair, that's a standard issue Bolter, which Space Marines use more or less exclusively for anti-infantry.  Their anti-tank guns are fairly ridiculous.  Even a heavy Bolter (which fires 1.0 caliber shells instead of .50 caliber like the Bolter) at fully automatic will only down a tank if you get a lucky.  

Admittedly, scale is absurd in Warhammer 40k.  Space Marines are what? Eight feet tall?  And that's without the power armor augmenting everything.  

That said, I'm not for it.  Space Marine's aren't really similar at all to the Tenno.  It'd be silly to have them use their weapons.  If anything the Tenno are basically Tau with their suits and their weapons would fit into the world a lot better.  Here's their standard weapon.

The fluff of 40k is ridiculous if you read into it. Lasguns hit with the power of a modern 20mm autocannon, and flak armour on Imperial Guards can protect against it. Bolters are designed to be a universal weapon against infantry, both heavy and light, and light vehicles. It's just that the fluff presents actual armoured vehicles as so incredibly armoured (sorry for repeating that) that the need of a lascannon or meltagun/bomb arises.

But yeah. Tenno are closer to the Officio Assassinorum by concept and design, or even eldars. They're not the universal super-warrior, they're spec-ops presented with a task which they do and extract.

Edited by Panzermeido

OHHH! The shoes of people stomping my idea!!!

Though, I wonder how would Tau/Elder weaponry fit into this game...

Well, having a gun, that sends out something that stands between 'Death to heretics' and 'very personal apocalypse' in terms of damage would be somewhat op... I mean, a spacemarine is superman compared to many of the regular game characters, and a gun designed to blow tyranids to shreds would make grineer look like softies.

@matrixexo: Bolter is a large weapon with hand size bullet that make normal assault rifle like baby toy gun. I don't think it's gonna fit with in warframe (cept if it's enemy weapon) since it's super huge and bulky. Hammerburst II (our beloved "grub" weapon on Gear of War) however, can be a good concept for bulky & badass RIfle.

Well, having a gun, that sends out something that stands between 'Death to heretics' and 'very personal apocalypse' in terms of damage would be somewhat op... I mean, a spacemarine is superman compared to many of the regular game characters, and a gun designed to blow tyranids to shreds would make grineer look like softies.

@matrixexo: Bolter is a large weapon with hand size bullet that make normal assault rifle like baby toy gun. I don't think it's gonna fit with in warframe (cept if it's enemy weapon) since it's super huge and bulky. Hammerburst II (our beloved "grub" weapon on Gear of War) however, can be a good concept for bulky & badass RIfle.

A gun like the Bolter with NO stock ought to give a terrible aim. But if used right, it can bring pain to the enemy. I like the sound of that! And it doesn't shoot dead center of the reticle on first shot.

I still believe that this game can have Bolter-like weapons, just a high trade-off for all that bang.

PS: Zefirustrike, standard Godwyn pattern Bolters fire 0.75 cal rounds.

PPS: "Death to Heretics" can be a good thing when Stalkers come around and you aren't playing that uber-insane build for gimping Stalkers. Cause he's a heretic.

Edited by matrixEXO

The Bolter rounds would pierce heavy armor and then detonate. Heck, use them against Chaos Cultists or Imperial Guardsmen and the Bolter rounds still explode, same for using against Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar, those Space Commies, etc. The Bolter, Bolt Pistol, and Heavy Bolter would all be so hilariously overpowered that they'd get hit with the Nerf Power-Bat (wielded by an Angry Marine) ten times within a week of release, at most.

A gun like the Bolter with NO stock ought to give a terrible aim. But if used right, it can bring pain to the enemy. I like the sound of that! And it doesn't shoot dead center of the reticle on first shot.

I still believe that this game can have Bolter-like weapons, just a high trade-off for all that bang.

PS: Zefirustrike, standard Godwyn pattern Bolters fire 0.75 cal rounds.

PPS: "Death to Heretics" can be a good thing when Stalkers come around and you aren't playing that uber-insane build for gimping Stalkers. Cause he's a heretic.

Well, you do have a point there... Kill the heretic!

But yeah. Tenno are closer to the Officio Assassinorum by concept and design, or even eldars. They're not the universal super-warrior, they're spec-ops presented with a task which they do and extract.

Lets see...

The Eversor uses a specialized variant of te bolt pistol, with envenomed armour-piercing rounds.

It can kill Terminators dead.

Also, I'd approve of a gyrojet-esque weapong firing exploding rounds, even if the explosion is small.

Urghhhh keep the kiddies first grim dark out of something as cool as Warframe, as far away as humanly possible.

I love me my 40k but it is not ever COOL.

In the grim darkness of the post-orokin era... there is only WARFRAME.