Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs A New Matcmaking System For Void Missions

Radford_343

First off let me apologize in advance if this topic has been brought up recently, I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I have roughly 700 hours under my belt in this game, much of that is spent farming for things, this is the nature of the game. However, a large portion of this time is also spent on trying to find a suitable squad to play with when trying to do missions in the void (or derelicts), and I find some of that to be unecessary.

There is a random matchmaking system in place for the regular missions you do in the solar system, why not have one for void missions? Sure, I understand why some would want to tailor their squad when doing long survivals and whatnot, but for some missions types (like exterminate or capture) randoms will usually be enough. Plus it would greatly reduce the amount of time spent staring at the recruiting chat pm'ing players hoping your pm is one of the first to get through.

Obviously, you could take it a step further; rather than copying the exact system you have for the regualr missions, you could take some inspiration from other games, like WoW. Where they have a more advanced matchmaking that lets you select which role(s) you wish to fill (healer, tank, DPS etc.) and then the system pairs up players in such a way that the roles are covered.

Perhaps you could enable the people joining the matchmaking system to select which other warframes they would like to get paired with. On the other hand, this might be going too far, I'm not the one to say.

Either way I would love some sort of automatic queueing system for void missions to cut down on "time wasted" in a game where repetition and RNG are very much part of the core gameplay.

Thank you, suggestions are welcomed!

Edited topic for clarity.

Edited by Radford_343

i agree and disagree...for my disagreement, if you matchmake to random void mission, whose key will be consumed??

_ if the host key consumed i think some people will exploid the void mission without wasting their keys.

_ if both host and the one who randomly joined, key are consomed...also bad.

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

i agree and disagree...for my disagreement, if you matchmake to random void mission, whose key will be consumed?? i think some people will exploid the void mission without wasting their key

Everybody's Key will be consumed, but there will be multiple rewards based on the number of players (i.e.: 2 players = 2 Keys consumed = 2 rewards from the reward pool of said Key). 

i agree and disagree...for my disagreement, if you matchmake to random void mission, whose key will be consumed?? i think some people will exploid the void mission without wasting their key

For it to work with the void keys as they function now, there would have to be some sort of option that would let you select if you want to use your own key or not I guess.