Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Maps Get Boring, People Rush, Lack Of Challenge

DaveC

I feel the current game has many problems.

Rushers

Difficulty

No need to work together

No need to stick together

Bordom

I think this is actually quite easily fixed by the developers and should definitely be something high on their to do list.

At the moment the maps are a number of standard types, populated by a number of standard enemies, with 1 boss level on most planets/moons. People run through the levels as fast as they can, slow warframes simply catch up to all the action far too late. Once the objective is achieved, theres the mad dash for the exit by the fastest, leaving the slowest doing all they can to just get there......IT GETS BORING.

But it can be stopped.

Introduce a "don't be caught on your own"  feeling for the gamer.

1. Ensure that there is always a random number of special enemies on a level that will spawn near players that one player would have a hard time handling on their own, ensure that enemy has shield, health and damage ramped up depending on the total of all players strength and map difficulty. generate 3 or 4 new enemy types for this, and there would be perhaps 6 or 8 on a map. the spawn chance increases when the teams split beyond a certain distance, with an increasing chance depending on how alone a player is. e.g. one split from the group perhaps 30% more chance. Even at the extraction point!!

2. Stalker.....this seems to either appear or not on a map no matter how long you are on it. I believe it would be better that there is a spawn %, based on two factors. How long the team/individual has been running the map. Warning given that special troops being deployed in n minutes. Also if a player is alone, chance of random stalker appearance that increases the longer the player is alone....and yeah, even at the extraction point!!

3. Have some new enemy types that you simply can't easily fight on your own, not because they are necessarily tough, but because they can incapacitate for a period of time, letting everything else, including them, take a bite/pot shot out of you. Enemies with Taser type devices, freeze type devices, gas type devices.  For solo players, or those who want to take a chance, you allow use of a  "Large health Retsore|" to instantly recover from these incap attacks. Coincidentally, this also give some real use for large health restores.

4. Restricted Zones to reward exploring these are areas off the beaten track, not part of the reward route or extraction route. Full of risk and reward. enemy types in 1,2 and 3 here are more frequent and in larger numbers.

The 3 ideas above, will hugely enrich game play for all and encourage teamwork. For those tough enough to run Solo, then it's a real challenge....perhaps with a little extra reward. When any of these tough enemy types are defeated, an increased chance of reward. it will also encourage a feeling of Randomness on any map that will be very entertaining and stop gameplay getting boring.

Edited by DaveC

I would like to see more 'wait for the rest of the group' things like the door bypass. I play a Rhino and very often I'm barely able to keep up with the group.

Here's an idea: What if that 'stalker' enemy (You know, that annoying as hell one) only spawns if the party is and stays a certain distance apart, and usually targets the one on their own? Thus if someone rushes ahead, they'll have some trouble to deal with.

I would like to see more 'wait for the rest of the group' things like the door bypass. I play a Rhino and very often I'm barely able to keep up with the group.

Here's an idea: What if that 'stalker' enemy (You know, that annoying as hell one) only spawns if the party is and stays a certain distance apart, and usually targets the one on their own? Thus if someone rushes ahead, they'll have some trouble to deal with.

And if you are playing the slower warframe like you said you do with the Rhino and get left behind by 3 lokis?

You're #*($%%@?

3. Have some new enemy types that you simply can't easily fight on your own, not because they are necessarily tough, but because they can incapacitate for a period of time, letting everything else, including them, take a bite/pot shot out of you. Enemies with Taser type devices, freeze type devices, gas type devices. For solo players, or those who want to take a chance, you allow use of a "Large health Retsore|" to instantly recover from these incap attacks. Coincidentally, this also give some real use for large health restores.

Wasn't that Nervos?

1. Ensure that there is always a random number of special enemies on a level that will spawn near players that one player would have a hard time handling on their own, ensure that enemy has shield, health and damage ramped up depending on the total of all players strength and map difficulty. generate 3 or 4 new enemy types for this, and there would be perhaps 6 or 8 on a map. the spawn chance increases when the teams split beyond a certain distance, with an increasing chance depending on how alone a player is. e.g. one split from the group perhaps 30% more chance. Even at the extraction point!!

2. Stalker.....this seems to either appear or not on a map no matter how long you are on it. I believe it would be better that there is a spawn %, based on two factors. How long the team/individual has been running the map. Warning given that special troops being deployed in n minutes. Also if a player is alone, chance of random stalker appearance that increases the longer the player is alone....and yeah, even at the extraction point!!

3. Have some new enemy types that you simply can't easily fight on your own, not because they are necessarily tough, but because they can incapacitate for a period of time, letting everything else, including them, take a bite/pot shot out of you. Enemies with Taser type devices, freeze type devices, gas type devices.  For solo players, or those who want to take a chance, you allow use of a  "Large health Retsore|" to instantly recover from these incap attacks. Coincidentally, this also give some real use for large health restores.

4. Restricted Zones to reward exploring these are areas off the beaten track, not part of the reward route or extraction route. Full of risk and reward. enemy types in 1,2 and 3 here are more frequent and in larger numbers.

Well, right now I am *forced* to play Solo due to my annoying college's firewall/blocks (which I am trying to solve, but they're being slow). On one side, solo missions are actually quite easy as long as no stupid things are done. On the other hand some missions, like endless or mobile defense, are nearly impossible to do. Some bosses are also extremly hard if not impossible on solo.

1) Yes, sounds good enough. However the problem is there: What if you're the one left behind and YOU are attacked and killed? It's a possibility, especially if you're playing a slower Frame or if you've been unlucky and caught inbetween a lot of enemies.

2) The stalker has a chance of appearing after you killed a boss and, as far as I know, his appeareance chance increases the more bosses you kill (without him spawning). He is already quite a tough challenge for me on solo, and people just tend to leave the targeted frame alone instead of helping him.

3) Not on Solo. Something like they did with the Nervos could be done. Remember that some people play Solo because they don't have a choice, because they don't want to be teamed up with idiots or also because they may not be in the mood for multiplayer but still want to do an alert.

4) You already have extra explorable rooms, but they don't provide additional rewards except from chests and containers. There's a few partially hidden areas in every level (in most map tiles), in fact.

1) Yes, sounds good enough. However the problem is there: What if you're the one left behind and YOU are attacked and killed? It's a possibility, especially if you're playing a slower Frame or if you've been unlucky and caught inbetween a lot of enemies.

The level of enemies and everything in the map is dependent on the total levels of everyone in the game and the map level.  If someone dies, then the rest simply find it MUCH harder, especially if there's 3 speedy Lokis and one slow strong Rhino or Frost.. Lose that player and i don't necessarily give them so much chance.

The specials who incap and their number based on initial number of players, also make it much harder again for those who remain.

Both things that might make them less likely to leave a player.

Lol no, if you play Rhino you will be on your own at the back and he will target you.

I agree that this game should promote teamplay.

An percentual affinity bonus while fighting in range of team mates would help a lot.

And something that motivates max leveled players to stay near their team.

Then I better learn to keep up. It's rarely 3 lokis and one rhino, it's one loki and three others. 

Then the others should just keep up right now.

Problem solved.

Disaster averted!

I firmly believe there should be a set of doors implemented that are right before a boss, right after a boss, and before the EP. These doors should require 3 of the 4 players (or 2 of 3) to be there to open it. This would make rushing MUCH harder without 3 people. Also, have ambushes setup if someone is walking around in the same general area (EP) for more than 30 seconds...enemies just spawn and start focusing that person till the other show up. Not regular guys, but rollers, machineguners, snipers, ancients, stun moas, etc. Whatever faction is there. It should make them cry when they see it. Once the others get close the enemies stop spawning.

If it were my choice, I'd also make it so that if a player died during this ambush it would take ALL 4 of their revives if they used them. So if they didn't they just fail the mission and if they did it give incentive not to do it again. I know others will HATE this idea, but that's how much I hate seeing that countdown timer when I am fighting my way to the exit cause they couldn't go a normal speed.

I firmly believe there should be a set of doors implemented that are right before a boss, right after a boss, and before the EP. These doors should require 3 of the 4 players (or 2 of 3) to be there to open it. This would make rushing MUCH harder without 3 people. Also, have ambushes setup if someone is walking around in the same general area (EP) for more than 30 seconds...enemies just spawn and start focusing that person till the other show up. Not regular guys, but rollers, machineguners, snipers, ancients, stun moas, etc. Whatever faction is there. It should make them cry when they see it. Once the others get close the enemies stop spawning.

If it were my choice, I'd also make it so that if a player died during this ambush it would take ALL 4 of their revives if they used them. So if they didn't they just fail the mission and if they did it give incentive not to do it again. I know others will HATE this idea, but that's how much I hate seeing that countdown timer when I am fighting my way to the exit cause they couldn't go a normal speed.

I agree that this game should promote teamplay.

An percentual affinity bonus while fighting in range of team mates would help a lot.

And something that motivates max leveled players to stay near their team.

These have to be the two best idea on this thread:) + 1 to both of you. Regarding the boss doors it should require all players to be there to open it.

..except that a fair bit of the time, the player on their own is the one not rushing/playing a slow frame. Making things even worse for the minority of players who don't rush levels seems a little rough.

You know what might be cool? Checkpoints. Kind of like in Left 4 Dead but the checkpoints could be airlock transitions to other ships and such. I mean we see all these ships outside of the window, so why not go to them? Though with that being said they would actually have to make the missions more exciting than "GO HERE AND COLLECT THIS! NO! WAIT! ACTUALLY JUST GO KILL EVERYTHING!...WAIT! NO! GO SHOOT THIS AND THEN RUN AWAY!...NO! WAIT!"

Heck this checkpoints could be you and the team jumping across deep space like in those Dead Space segments where you have to dodge debri. Could you picture you and your ninja team dodge space lasers and bullets from ships and then doing an awesome cinematic insertion into the next ship? Would be the sex.

The point is that segments should be more contained so the team is generally always together. They need to drop all this freaking travelling around and fill in those gaps with exciting things that makes rushing not that important.

Edited by NoirProxy

I was just trying to suggest smaller incremental improvements, that could exploit much of the existing code, in my suggestions.....hopefully to improve the game and make it more interesting, challenging and better.

At the moment, whizzing through the levels in 5 minutes shooting the same old stuff, is getting old. no need to use cover, no real risk, no chance of not completing the mission.

Edited by DaveC