Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Long, On Average, Does It Take To Read All Of My Posts?

Renegade343

So, yesterday, from one of my Off-Topic threads, a player asked this question: 

If one reads all your posts...

How many time would it take him to do that?

Being someone who likes to get answers to questions, I then did it (very quickly, as in around 5 minutes of work). 

First, I chose to read 75 of my posts at random, and did this twice to obtain an average time of around 26-28 seconds or so to read one of my posts (although I think the ones I chose at random tend to be on the longer side, but that does not matter for now, since this is a first run-through). Assuming all the posts I made take the same amount of time to read (i.e.: 26-28 seconds per post), that means if one were to read all of my posts would be: 

Min.: 26s * 11738 = 305,188 seconds = 5086.5 minutes = 84.8 hours

Max.: 28s * 11738 = 328,664 seconds = 5477.7 minutes = 91.3 hours

Anyways, that is just a very simple and quick calculation. For more accuracy, I would need to separate my posts into different categories, take samples from each category based on the ratios of said different categories, and do the mathematics from there. 

But at least I answered that question. 

well, first off, even if it takes like 1 hour I know it's worth it since it's coming from you, and you almost always make good points 

another element is the "english" factor, non-english people take longer to read a thread/post since they need to spell the words, remember their meanings, search for words they don't understand....etc
also the topic is a factor, if the topic is new to the reader, then he/she'll take longer to read...for example: if someone doesn't play AW mode and he reads a post about AW, then don't understand a lot cos they don't have a lot of info about it, and length of the "wall of text" is also a factor, there's no way all of your threads and contain 1000 words