Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Melee Sentinel? Was Just Curious About What The Community Thinks.

Ravtek

Since we already have sentinels that can have mods put on their guns. I was curious if anyone was thinking about a melee sentinel that can be modded with, well, melee mods? 

I feel like a floating melee sentinel would kind of look awkward, so maybe some sort of ground unit sentinel? 

Due to my lack of imagination, some person was mentioning a sort of dog warframe in another thread, but I was thinking more in the lines of a dog sentinel that can be modded with melee mods, but it could be anything that can melee, just my imagination has me clinging onto the dog idea.

I think that it would be really fun to have a companion that can hack and slash with you when you cloak as Loki, or Ash. Or maybe (although I'm sure this isn't exactly balanced), share the iron skin effect of the Rhino , where you both have the silver skin run over both of your bodies as you enter the fray? 

If you took the time to read this, I really appreciate it. 

If another thread regarding this was already addressed, I'm extremely sorry. 

Although melee sentinel sounds interesting, I'm not sure how it could be pulled off. Melee weapons are so strong, that usually when you get into melee range its all over after your first attack (with exception for boss fights and maybe ancients), not much to do for your melee sentinel if by that you mean sentinel that deals melee damage itself. Much easier to do would be sentinel that just helps you in melee oriented playstyle, with abilities that for example grant you boost to melee dmg or defence when you come near enemy unit.

i wouldnt mind. the sentinels just float above you and get shot to death, i sure hope they do more like dodge or something. but im sure a ground unit like the pic that Djula showed would be effective in trying to stay alive and dodge enemy fire.

I'm imagining some sort of dashing Gremlin. that can move along away from its host to attack enemies

Abilities ideas abilities interchangeable with the "Regeneration" and "Guardian":

Teleport: upgrading yields decreased cool-down and increased range(at every 3 levels)

Haste: upgrading yields increased move speed

Dash: every time its owner or the Gremlin gets a kill or every 12/10/8/6 seconds it does a dash attack to an an enemy doing 50/75/100/125 damage

Frenzy: yields massively increased attack speed OR every 7/6/5/4/3 attacks the Gremlin attacks twice.

Division: (add a time of activation) Gremlin will multiply into 2/2/3/3/4 Clones that will do 15/30/45/60/75% of the original Gremlin damage; clones will last 3/5/7/9/11 seconds.

Minimoose would be better.

that moose....

EDIT: DE, please make a minimoose, pig and robot bee skins for my shade, please please please.

SQUEAK!

I considered Minimoose instead, but came to the conclusion that the bee had a more proven melee attack XD

(Tenno! Ride the piggy!)

Repeating my old posts, I hope that when equipping close ranged weapons (laser-spraygun, laser cutters) they'd float towards enemies until in range. It would be awesome, IMHO

My apologies for repeating your post.