Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, "'ninjas' Play Free" And My 2 Cents.

d3s1mu5

I've played this game since beta, when I thought heat swords were the coolest thing at the time. Since then, I have drifted away from warframe more and more. Excalibur was what I started with, had a blast. Then I found Ash, an actual ninja warframe. My experience playing became simply delightful.

As time progress and the game got polished and patched, I eyeballed the new content eager to see new ninja stuff. I was continually disappointed. Outside of new melee weapons, bows, and shuriken/kunai. Nothing else seem to shout "a ninja would use this!" at me. This leads me to the warframes.

Beyond Excalibur's swordsmanship abilities, Loki shenanigans, and Banshee there wasn't anyone that personified a ninja. Rhino: Stomps around, roaring, and charging about the place with his face. Valkyr: Spiderwoman around, scream, scream, and flail wildly. Mesa: Bang, bang, bang, shoot stuff "Imma ninja." These aren't what I'd call ninja frames. Sorry to all you Valkyr/Rhino/Mesa lovers. I don't hate their design, it's just not what I'm looking for.

I like ninja games like tenchu, and the fantasy versions of historical ninja. Traditionally ninja's were pretty much ex-samurai mercenaries who lost their honor and didn't kill themselves, and killed people for money. I prefer the enamored, mysterious, fabled versions of ninja. So you can imagine my disappointment with every new frame I see.

I don't mind that the tenno are just power wielding exo-suit users, but with all your new content lately DE, it makes me question your slogan "Ninjas play free." Where are these ninjas you speak of? I see and Ash, and some rather dinky stealth mechanics.

Now don't get me wrong, I like sneak attacks, counters, and resetting security. However, let's say were on an assassination mission, but when we arrive we just walk up to him like "Hey, how's it going? We're going to kill you for your goodies." Why not let us actually perform some cool assassination maneuver or something?

I'm sure plenty of people have mention that they would like to be rewarded for being stealthy, I think we should be able to personify the ghost like Tenno we are. When we get detected, we are told "Aw shoot, you got seen. Guess you have to kill everyone now, and it becomes a ninja gaiden game. "Slash at it until it's dead!"

I'm a founder, only a hunter, but I wanted to put my thoughts out there whether people agree/disagree with them. I only want to better Warframe as a game. I wouldn't have invested if I didn't think it had potential to be top-notch.

I just want more ninjas, and ninja things DE. Thank you.

TLDR; There are no ninjas, stealth rewards, stealth mechanics. Criticism.

Edited by d3s1mu5

This game is still in beta

Stealth is being looked into

They changed the slogan. It's not "Ninjas play free" anymore, it's something else, but I don't remember. Still, that doesn't mean they're abandoning everything Ninja, it's just that it's not restricted to ninja like things anymore

If everything was ninja, the game would be lack luster in terms of weapons or frame to frame, it wouldn't be as diverse

Sorry I didn't have time to read, just read the TLDR and snippets

EDIT: Some people seem to be taking the Beta thing as an argument.

I've played this game since beta

I merely meant to correct OP because he said he's been playing since Beta, and well... we're still in Beta.

Edited by SgtFlex

This game is still in beta

Stealth is being looked into

They changed the slogan. It's not "Ninjas play free" anymore, it's something else, but I don't remember. Still, that doesn't mean they're abandoning everything Ninja, it's just that it's not restricted to ninja like things anymore

If everything was ninja, the game would be lack luster in terms of weapons or frame to frame, it wouldn't be as diverse

Sorry I didn't have time to read, just read the TLDR and snippets

I understand it's in beta, I was sold on the game with that slogan. I want space ninjas. All of their other sites still have "Ninjas play free"

Edited by d3s1mu5

Although I agree totally I feel it has passed a point of no return. It disapoints me when people say Warframe is all about speed when they signed up to be ninja (?)

Akso a massive fan if stealth games, Warframe has gone too far to change. Sure the up coming stealth update will give options to people like us but i feel it will get a similar treatment to archwing: people like the idea but quickly miss their usual power domination.

I was sold on TotalBiscuits words that you can use a bow in space, a SPACE BOW!

Seriously i really do love me some bows in this game, shame that we probably won't see any new bow since we have bows for each damage type.

A bow that does equal physical damage across all three types? The Vectis of the bows?

I mean... There can only be so many Ninja things. I don't know what more you want from the weapons department.

We already have shurikens, kunai, bows, katanas, smoke bombs (ash), and parkour mechanics. Maybe a Wakizashi? But people may think that's too similar to a Katana

How about Darts? Blowgun? More hand to hand stuff? Disguises if they play with assassination missions more? How about some Samurai? (looking at you Typhus) Sais? Some more Tonfas? Kusari-gamas? How about Caltrops? Just to throw ideas out there.

TotalBiscuit

+1

On topic, You have Ash, you have the Kama (and dual), you have a katana, you have kunai and shuriken, and you have parkour.

We already have ninjas in space.  We are now expanding FROM that.   Now we have clowns in space, tentacle monsters in space, gunslingers in space... i think the only thing we are actually missing are data-top-pris.jpg

Yes, i went there.

Desi, you got me into this game.  You told me ninjas in space.  Ninjas? F&@$in rad.  Space?  Only my goddamn  favorite thing ever.  When I loaded up Warframe for the first time almost a year ago (around the time Hydroid was released) it blew my god-damn mind.  It was the game I wanted.  It was my place.  You showed me the ropes, got me started with all the knowledge I needed to get started and said "go nuts".

I've agreed and disagreed with you on several points in regard to the game (disagree more than agree).  On this one I actually agree with you.  I haven't seen as much of the ninja or ninja lore I was promised.  Limbo? Really? A damn magician? I thought it was funny and interesting at first; then I realized that, like his first ability, it pulled me out of the immersion of the game.  Mesa.  However much I like to play her, she's just Ash with guns and far to easy to play.  Nova Prime.  Did we really need that?  I mean she already seemed a little OP as it was.  Don't get me wrong, she has her use.  But did we really need her primed before anything else? Like maybe, oh, I don't know. Ash? 

I'm going to stop  there before I get to ranty aout  all the S#&$ I think is wrong.  Desi, your face.  It's beootiful.  I got nothing against it.

TL;DR I totes agree.  Notice me, Svenpai

Edited by PortalTangent

Beyond Excalibur's swordsmanship abilities, Loki shenanigans, and Banshee there wasn't anyone that personified a ninja. Rhino: Stomps around, roaring, and charging about the place with his face. Valkyr: Spiderwoman around, scream, scream, and flail wildly. Mesa: Bang, bang, bang, shoot stuff "Imma ninja." These aren't what I'd call ninja frames. Sorry to all you Valkyr/Rhino/Mesa lovers. I don't hate their design, it's just not what I'm looking for.

Well then maybe Loki, Banshee and Excalibur are the odd ones out?

You clearly understand how underwhelming the whole ninja aspect in this game is, why do you still pretend it's the game's core mechanic and main theme rather than what it really is - an aged and long ditched moniker which the developers were never going to keep around?

You clearly understand how underwhelming the whole ninja aspect in this game is, why do you still pretend it's the game's core mechanic and main theme rather than what it really is - an aged and long ditched moniker which the developers were never going to keep around?

Every frame except for Loki and Ash step away from the Ninja theme. Even if they added more ninja themed stuff, we'd use these weapons as we would now. We are warriors, not ninjas.

May not be the games core mechanic, but it was the original one that hasn't been touched on in a while.

Don't get me wrong, she has her use.  But did we really need her primed before anything else? Like maybe, oh, I don't know. Ash? 

Why are people still going on about this? Ash couldn't be primed because he's a male frame and it was a female frame's turn. He's probably going to be one of the next two Primes along with another male frame.

Why are people still going on about this? Ash couldn't be primed because he's a male frame and it was a female frame's turn. He's probably going to be one of the next two Primes along with another male frame.

Really? That's your argument?  "Oh nooooo it would break the order, it's supposed to follow the order."  Like the world would end and the game would crash if a male had been released  over a female.  It seems that not being sexist is the new sexism.

Really? That's your argument?  "Oh nooooo it would break the order, it's supposed to follow the order."  Like the world would end and the game would crash if a male had been released  over a female.  It seems that not being sexist is the new sexism.

Considering how everyone reacted to Nova being primed instead of Trinity or Saryn...yeah I think the world will blow up.

Way to warp my words. I just meant to say that everyone knew beforehand that Ash wasn't going to be Primed, so it's beyond me why people keep hammering on the fact that Nova was picked over Ash like they're surprised. I'm not even saying I'm happy about Nova being Primed first, as there are 3 older female frames then her. Which personally, I'd rather have seen Primed.