Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunsword

DAwGi

Yea... i'm going to go with noooope. Not to be rude but this is not final fantasy, in final fantasy you are strong if you do super special awesome cool stuff with super special awesome cool weapons, but in reality they make no sense... I mean why would you have a sword with and explosive tip? It can be used but it's highly unpractical and I don't really remember them explaining of how exactly does it work. Weapons in warframe on the other hand don't have to be silly-unique to be cool, they are rather cool because of how efficent they are at doing specific things. That is why in my opinion silly fantasy weapons wouldn't synergize well with the warframe universe.

PS: I don't hate final fantasy or any JRPG in any respect, I actually love them all, especially the super silly DMC series. Just saying it's like mixing Ice cream with Soy sauce, you might love them both, but it would be discusting.

Hell, I remember as a little kid, seeing long swords with guns in the hilt, on display in the Tower Of London. I thought that they were haxx of the most exquisite kind; that sort of thing is monkey crack to a five year-old.

Edited by Kattefjaes

That is a gun with a fancy built in bayonett, wheras a Gunblade is the stupidest possible way to build a vibrosword.

Even the real life kind wheren't really two weapons in one small package, they where effectively two heavy, off balance, overly expensive weapons. They suck, deal with it.

No, gun sword is even beyond space ninjas. I'd like the option to hit with your melee weapons though so if it has a bayonet or a spikes bit it can do a armrest ignore stab which is quicker then melee, and clearly while stabbing you should still be aloud to hold the trigger down.

The idea if shooting a gun to increase the power of your swing makes even less sense than a double jump.

Let's say you connect with the enemy and pull the trigger.  You basically shot him point blank, along with the melee damage.

forget gunswords give me a cannonsword or a nuke sword or a flamethrower sword or some other weird anime thing. uhhh where would gunswords fit in this games theme at all. why not just ask for the option to hold a sidearm and a single handed sword/dagger/axe thing how would you even aim a gunsword accurately

Edited by Klaww

Let's say you connect with the enemy and pull the trigger.  You basically shot him point blank, along with the melee damage.

I'm talking specifically about the final fantasy weapon, you pull the trigger mid-swing to... do something... that increases damage.

Also, a regular gunsword like existed in real life aren't necessary either, due to the inherent impracticality of such a weapon.

I'm talking specifically about the final fantasy weapon, you pull the trigger mid-swing to... do something... that increases damage.

Also, a regular gunsword like existed in real life aren't necessary either, due to the inherent impracticality of such a weapon.

Lol well you also don't see soldiers carrying around giant hammers to smash terrorists with.  That's what's great about sci-fi games.

Lol well you also don't see soldiers carrying around giant hammers to smash terrorists with.  That's what's great about sci-fi games.

We will if power armor becomes reasonably available to both sides. With real life meta-materials like carbon nanotubes, armor and strength enhancement are going to start outperforming infantry scale firearms. A diamondoid spear backed by a guy with 600 times baseline human strength is going to hurt way more than being shot.

We will if power armor becomes reasonably available to both sides. With real life meta-materials like carbon nanotubes, armor and strength enhancement are going to start outperforming infantry scale firearms. A diamondoid spear backed by a guy with 600 times baseline human strength is going to hurt way more than being shot.

The closest thing they have to a tank is a goat hauling a cart.  I don't think there's really any danger of them developing meta-materials anytime soon.

if we had that technology we'd prolly have superguns too or giant railsnipercannon/assault rifles. Even then unless your using a cannon melee will generally surpass a fire arm, compare a M1911 handgun to a katana in terms of damaging the human body. The katanas going to be way more devastating its just alot less safe to use. However if you throw a cannon into the game i honestly dont see how a katana or anything else could beat that, 1 cannon shell generally blows you to bits.