The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ever Noticed Buttons Not Working When You Hit Them The First Time?

FishNipps

For quite a while now i have noticed buttons not working the first time i hit them.

i.e. jump - mele - crouch -  slide - use - aim - fire - mostly any quick parkour movement.

At first i thought it was me or my equipment or maybe the game just not responding due to lag or something but

USUALLY: This is NOT due to lack of stamina - NOT you missing buttons - and NOT a keyboard or mouse malfunction. and USUALLY not lag.

Examples:

-For experienced players it is very recognizable that jumping into a copter and transfering into a wall run quickly is near impossible without the frame failing to grab the wall 90% of the time.

-For others maybe you have noticed simple consecutive slide copter seems to fail and u end up crouching and quick meleing the ground.

-Or mayber you have noticed that picking up the data mass or powercells in a hurry during an excavation can seem like it takes your frame a minute to comprehend that you must bend over and then pick it up.

-Even just jumping into a directional air mele half the time results in a walking quick mele because your jump button refused to respond.

what ever the case may be there is definetly something off and usually goes unnoticed by most new players but to people that are experienced it is a highly frustrating aspect of the game when your frame doesnt respond the way you intend.

This maybe old news but didnt find anything on forums BUT

I FINALLY realized what the problem is.

While in warframe fast movement is not only fun and dynamic but an essential part of the game the real problem with parkour/keys not working properly is the priority in a action.

For instance i jump and copter into a wall and my frame fails to grab the wall i fall into a ditch i respawn in the falling action get shot by 1 evicerator and have 4000 bleed proc and bleed out before my frame can ever react.

I dont have a problem with the dmg and i am all for the game being more difficult but my problem is i should have never been in that situation had my frame reacted the way i intended.

PROBLEM IS after coptering into a wall my frame has to take a full second to calmly place the mele weapon back on his back before any other movement action other then quick mele can be performed. This limits ALOT of what a person can do in this game and is VERY irritating at times.

In excavation coptering around it essential if you want to keep the power running and be able to defend at the same time but coptering to a cell and expecting your frame to not take his sweet ! time calmly placeing the mele weapon back reaching for his or her gun and then a slow aganizing curtsy to retrieve the power cell befor actually being able to get back to the excavator is futile if you are in a pinch.

I know DE is still in development and have a lot of new and exciting things up and coming but how cool would it be if the you could copter into a slide front flip over a barrier, copter into a wall then straight to a wall run leaping off the wall into another copter and then slam on a group without every action that comes after a copter failing if it is executed under that 1 second window your frame must take to calmly place the mele on his back again.

I love this game it is a lot of fun i have been playing since update 5 and cant get enough but MAN i would love to see this problem fixed more than any other aspect of the game. I love speed running and i love agility it is my fav part of the game but this is such a hinderance on game play. I cant tell you how many times i hear ppl $#*(@ on team speak about their jump not working or the frame not picking stuff up i know i am not the only one out there who has this problem.

(side note) Another agrivating part of the game is entering in any menu - say deactivating an alarm - or placing decorations in dojo - and your cursor automatically shoots to the top left corner. Or how it is nearly impossible to see your cursor to click revive after dieing at times and usually when you die you are in a hurry to get back into the fight (lost some easy win matches and some hard cuz i wasnt able to find my cursor to revive faster.)

All these above problems make me feel as if the game is finding it difficult to keep up with me (the user) When instead, the user should be finding it difficult to keep up with the game. Trying to keep up with a game is always fun - waiting for the game to keep up with you is always frustrating.

Edited by FishNipps

Ah, so it's not just my rig or lag in general? I certainly did notice it, but didn't think it was a problem with the base game ...

... that 1 second window your frame must take to calmly place the mele on his back again.

Funny thing is - back when, we had been asking DE to speed up weapon swapping time (would have improved this issue, too). Instead, they gave us Speed Holster as bandaid. And, to be honest, I don't even know how its effect is calculated (i.e. how much it speeds things up at max level).

Edited by Bibliothekar

I did notice it... before I upgraded my keyboard. Haven't really had many problems since as I finally upgraded to mechanical (requires less of a press to actuate keys). Lag has definitely been the more noticeable factor, but it's more about frame drops and not some generic client/host lag. It can equally be effected by graphics acceleration itself if a keypress isn't recognized during a sudden change in framerate.

Yeah i realize its been a issue for a while now the whole buttons not working thing i just now realized whats happeneing with my pc idk how i havent figured it out before.

I can see how they wouldnt want seemless mele usage without some sort of delay but to have to put your mele away so slowly unless you have an aura on? come on lol @(*()$ vacume breathing space ninjas who control space time and elements with our brains we cant put weapons back with out an extensive thought process getting involved? seems like we arent the killing machines we claim to be after all if we cant switch weapons faster then a normal human being from the 20th century

Unfortunatly there are plenty of aspects where the animation for doing something is vastly slower than it would take the players themselves to do it.  Most got a mods to help "fix" the issue.  Which isnt a good way to inspire the thought of super agile elite warriors.

Part of the issue i suspect especially with the UI is flash just isnt designed to handle that kind of reactive speed that the game needs.  Sure its great for less intensive games, but for shooters/fast games like warframe not so much.

Edited by Loswaith