Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Long Drops, Sudden Stops And Teleportation

ValhaHazred

With all the bottomless pits, lava tanks and exposed circuitry in the map tiles; shouldn’t we be able to drop our enemies into them and not have them magically teleport out a second later? With moves like Mag’s pull and Banshee’s Sonic Boom, the game is practically begging for this to be a feature.

Special effects

Pit – doesn’t need any

Lava – a pillar of flame leaps up from where the enemy fell in

Circuits – electricity surges at the opening of the pit for a second, followed by thick black smoke

Random screams, particularly the Wilhelm scream would be appreciated.

Now I don’t think Tenno should die instantly when they drop into a pit, but I also disagree with the current recovery mechanic. I feel there should be some punishment for screwing up and falling in a hole.

I propose that when a player falls in, an emergency teleporter activates, pulling them to safety but disrupting their shielding.

I wouldn’t mind if it did a small amount of health damage too, although I’m not sure how much would be fair. 10-25 maybe?

I dislike the current reset style because it breaks my immersion and makes a successful stunt feel unrewarding. If you have absolutely no risk of failure why bother pushing yourself?

The Teleport

The same pixels that appear when capturing a target burst from your arm and surround you. They implode with a fisheye lense effect, whisking you away.

A ball of teleport pixels appear at the destination and you can move it around. This is for the cases when an Ancient or the Jackal has knocked you into a pit and is waiting around to do it again. After a second the player avatar re-appers with partial shields.

Edit: Maybe there could be a small cool down timer for health and shield damage, and if you fall again before it resets you take more of each?

Edited by ValhaHazred

It always weirded me out a little that falling down a massive hole didn't penalize me at all.

your suggestion offers an interesting change. I disagree with the loss of all shields though, I'd say lose 50/75% at most then if you are in a bad situation and the controls go wonky on you (I'm looking at you jump ledge grab!) you have some chance to not get your face ripped off while you try to recover.

• 2 weeks later...