The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Doesnt Multishot Have A Drawback?

Hypernaut1

*sigh* sadly its stand there ...

i too want thats its like eat more ammo = every bullet cos, would only be logical cause you can really make 2 bullets out of one without harm its effectivity, and that would not be negative stat as the corrupted had

other option would be to split the dmg like 2 bulltes 1/2 ( or a bit more so the "gamer" community dont go: " another mod for the trash "

but its a fight against windmills ... you better lay down and read a book or something >->, i allways do when suchthings build up

'Sides from the fact that it'd effectively murder so many guns that use it.

Maybe if it took the extra shot out of your ammo pool instead of clip or something. 

But honestly multishot isn't /that/ much better than an element to be worth eating twice or three times as much ammo. 

It effectively doubles your damage when it procs, yes, but so would having twice the fire rate, which would also offer other utility.

The harsh reality is that there's always gonna be some obligatory mods, either way. 

If it wasn't multishot, it'd still be the base damage mod.

Like I said though, if it wasn't out of your clip, maybe.

There's too many guns that only have like 2-6 ammo in their clip though, they couldn't afford to cost more than one a shot, just because things like Soma could.

I know how it works and you aren't as smart as you think so please don't act so condescending and read my post more carefully.

Take a rifle with no catalyst or polarised slots.  Add Serration.  You now have 265% of normal damage and 16 points remaining.  You can add either Split Chamber or Hellfire etc. but you don't have the points for both.  Does it really make much difference which you add?  One is a 90% of 100% extra damage (second shot) while the other is a 100% chance of 90% extra damage.  Not much difference there.  The extra status chance is a benefit of Multi shot but the extra crit is not so much as although you get two chances to crit, each chance only affects one shot. More consistent damage but not any higher potential.  Where a single element would win out would be when we take enemy weakness into account.  For example if you have a mostly Impact weapon then adding Hellfire will give more damage against light infested than adding Split Chamber if you have limited mod points available.  I'm not talking about perfect builds here, I'm talking first time levelling a weapon before using Forma or levelling only for mastery.

Don't believe me?  Grakata with Serration and Hellfire 769 Sustained DPS Grakata with Serration and Split Chamber 769 Sustained DPS

Now please re-read the last part of my post again, I'll repeat it for convenience:

IF USED ALONE, THEY HAVE ABOUT THE SAME EFFECT

If I had been talking about catalysted and formaed builds then I would have said to prioritise Serration, then take either an element or Split chamber but to definitely take Split Chamber before taking a second element since then it becomes three different multiplied damage boosts.

Easy killer.  I misread the stupidity that is "if used alone".  Didn't realize we where considering the irrelevant.

While I dont find any single mod or weapon broken, some combinations are. I find opticor way op when modded out correctly. Then there are some frames which take that to astronomical proportions. Mirage+opticor+new ability mod= godmode.