Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Katana Weapon That Replaces The Primary And Sword

V45H

Sorry, I just read the first post. I'm in a hurry. I'll just leave my fanart here. Maybe it gives you some Ideas^^

images-i232852brjcte.jpg

YES! lol but it looks like zero from bl2 :P

Edited by V45H

and it should have a passive block that automatically blocks ~30-40 % of all bullets at you ! You know the parry animation when an enemy shoots at you right ? That'll be so cool and aactually make a primary sword weapon usable !

Edited by Woonagi

and it should have a passive block that automatically blocks ~30-40 % of all bullets at you ! You know the parry animation when an enemy shoots at you right ? That'll be so cool and aactually make a primary sword weapon usable !

oops didnt see russian potato's post. But the ideas are somewhat different

I have to say i expected more "katana-action" in this game ... the trailer was like a samurai-ninja-superhero-game ... with the kneeling and the skana and stuff. But there is no good katana-like weapon in the game ... the skana is too weak and i would love to see a future-katana in the game, that is actually good.

i would like to see a katana styled weapon too. And if it's use a primary or secondary slot, then the scabbard in the hand thing could be functioning, but i think a glaive could be use a gun slot too..

anyway.. i want a katana :)

Edited by claci

All of you guys talk about Virgil and stuffs, but don't forget the one game with slashing at its core with Cyborg Ninjas is Metal Gear Rising.

VIRGIL CAME FIRST! lol unless you count metal gear 2

skip to 3:42

That should be the blocking animation instead of the regular skana or cronus animation.

Edited by ThinhMints

Nice to see there are more people thinking along the same lines as me.

I did a Metal Gear influenced frame concept art earlier today with a ballistic katana ala Jetstream Sam. It's really sloppy and isn't that detailed (mouse + MSpaint 5eva!), but, yeah.

17489fhupl.png

My idea for this thing is for E commands to be regular, but mouse commands act as high risk, high reward.

Left Click - Quick 5-hit combo attack, stronger than tapping E and higher stun rate, but at the end of the combo, the frame is left vulnerable for a short while during a sheathing animation.

Right Click (tap) - Shoots katana at enemy, dealing very high damage and it has bolt and slash properties. You'll need to pick up the sword again before shooting it again though.

Right Click (hold) - Iai stance. Charges for ~3 seconds for a Quickdraw, if released, the katana is launched instead. Can move slowly while in stance. This can be interrupted.

Left Click (Iai stance) - Quickdraw. Hits 200° and 3 meters in front of you for high damage and boosted critical rate. Short vulnerable time after the slash.

Edited by Gingira

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the sword gives the user the ability to cloak/dash forward/teleport for short amounts of time by pressing right click ?

Coupled with the block system already in place, this could be a legit feasible weapon