Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blacklight: Retribution Revived?

Mr.ToastForPresident

Source: http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=737251

So after what seemed like an eternity, it seems lick Bl:R is finally going to get some support and love on the PC version. I am so excited towards this change in developer and might get back into this game after so long. Maybe more players would get in after this change, because it is looking really dead right now.

For those who don't know about this game, it is a FPS with a fast paced gameplay sort of like COD. The things that stand out about this game is its unique customization and the ability too have wall-hacks. Go watch some old gameplay vids about it to learn more. It is also free to play and not necessarily pay to win, try it on steam if you like.

Also: @#$% PWE. I hate you still and I'm glad Warframe isn't partnered with you.

Edited by Mr.ToastForPresident

I played a lot of BLR back in the day. I really liked the customization options and the levels and game modes were fun, but their F2P monetization model was HORRIBLE. I quit playing a few levels into it because the idea of renting weapons really rubbed me the wrong way.

Lol. PWE can still control Warframe if they want to. While they may not own a large portion of the shares, Sumpo does, and if things start going downhill, who do you think Sumpo is going to ask for advice?

But regarding Blacklight, I rage quit that game long ago because I go full retard in ADS shooters.

I played a lot of BLR back in the day. I really liked the customization options and the levels and game modes were fun, but their F2P monetization model was HORRIBLE. I quit playing a few levels into it because the idea of renting weapons really rubbed me the wrong way.

You do know that you could've permanently purchased an item? Renting was just to try an item out before you made the purchase.

I used to play then they made it where you had to rent a weapon for like 7 days when i would do one day and get like 10x what i spent back from using it but i also stopped playing because of warframe but may try it out again.

You do know that you could've permanently purchased an item? Renting was just to try an item out before you made the purchase.

I knew that, yeah. I don't remember the particulars, just that the pricing schemes really rubbed me the wrong way. Also, that F2P schemes like that tend to end up as P2W in PvP games, whereas with PvE games like Warframe they're a lot less imbalancing.

I used to be good at that game. Then I got slow.
Being said, it was quite fun while it lasted. Especially when it was Hardsuit vs Hardsuit. Nearly always came out on top in those duels, if only because I wailed on the weak point as soon as I found it.

...I miss those days.