Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sliding, and suggestions to make current tiles more fun.

Parsee

So we have this nice mechanic of being able to slide down stairs/inclines, but a way to make many of the current tiles more interesting would be to make more "slide" able objects/pathways.

An example of this would be the tile with 3 long passageways, in this big dome where trains pass underneath. Like on either side of highest passage way there would be a loose pipe or maybe a long cable tunnel. So instead of just sprinting over this huge space, you could jump up and slide down to one of the lower passageways! Hell, it would be even cooler if you could hitch a ride on one of the passing train charts..

In my mind, it would make exploring and general progression in the missions more fun since there would be those little tricks to get around faster. Another example would be the big room with elevators on 2 sides and a passageway in the middle.

Currently you can exploit that by jumping down and you'll spawn on the lower level, bypassing going down with elevator riding. Another option would be adding pipes going in an X pattern, so instead of jumping into nothingness to get around faster you could slide from the high level to the opposite lower level.

Some of the tiles are just gigantic, and in my opinion its a big shame all that space isnt used more!

An added "parkour" feeling to the game would definitely add more of a fast-paced actiony feel to it. The idea of utilizing the enviroment more for neat kills and faster map progression is definitely a great idea. I'd definitely love to see more sliding oppurtunities in this game too!

Also the ice should be like ice in other games and have a loss of traction.

Also as a free idea. What about a low gravity scenario. Could do some fun things with some weapons having differing amounts of kickback on them