Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Streamer - Will You Give Me A Chance?

UnworthySeraph

Many of you reading this might not end up enjoying my stream, and that is fine, but all I am asking for is a chance.

I have been streaming on twitch for almost a week now and things are progressing slowly but surely. I have been getting about 1 follower every two hours.

I talk to chat if anyone is there who wants to, so come hang out for awhile and give it a try. Lately, I have been streaming the following: 

Don't Starve Together

Dungeon Defenders 2

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (via dolphin emulator)

Insurgency

I also plan to stream Kerbal Space Program in the coming week, but have not streamed it yet. If you would like to give me a shot, but cannot make it to a broadcast time (schedule can be found on my stream page), I would suggest you watch my most recent past broadcast. It is the first stream where I featured the chat on screen, and there were only some minor technical hiccups. I may appear a bit boring, but that is because no one was talking in chat, so make sure you talk to me if you stop by.

Here's a link for your troubles: http://www.twitch.tv/unworthyseraph

Thank you for your time.

Youtube: "Give me a chance"

Twitch: "Give me a chance"

Any Social Streaming Service: "Give me a chance"

Seriously, I don't know why people practically beg for attention. I mean, why do you need our attention? If you want to be popular or something, then wait.

The most annoying thing that guarantees I will never watch someones stream is streamwhoring.

I don't mean to be mean, but it just annoys me when I hear the same thing from every streamer. Just wait, and if you get attention, then it'll come on it's own.

I streamed for a few months and got a bit going. I didn't get a whole lot of viewers though, but it was for other reasons I will give advice on. I didn't really care for the views though, I just thought it was fun, I had a streaming group going for a while

-Don't stream@#&*(, it just gives a really bad reputation

-Keep a regular streaming schedule

-Listen and talk to your chat

-Plan ahead about what you're going to do and tell your viewers. Most people join to watch a certain game, while others just simply enjoy being around

You may or may not do some of the following things, but that's a general small list. There's more, but I can't think of much right now.

Edited by SgtFlex

The link is nice and all, but this thread seams a little bit pointless right now. 

not to down your hopes but you never said when you would be twitch streaming. so to find out someone would have to find this post again (which may be hard to do if their not following it) and then click on your link to see if you are streaming or not.

another thing is time zones. you never said what time zone you are in. so people have no way of converting it to their time.

and it would also help if you posted when you are going to be streaming. randomly guessing is not the best way to watch your stuff.

The link is nice and all, but this thread seams a little bit pointless right now. 

not to down your hopes but you never said when you would be twitch streaming. so to find out someone would have to find this post again (which may be hard to do if their not following it) and then click on your link to see if you are streaming or not.

another thing is time zones. you never said what time zone you are in. so people have no way of converting it to their time.

and it would also help if you posted when you are going to be streaming. randomly guessing is not the best way to watch your stuff.

I literally did all of this, I don't understand.

I don't even see Warframe on your list of games you have been streaming...

I love Warframe to death, but watching someone play it? Boooooooooring.

I literally did all of this, I don't understand.

oops. I must have totally missed that part then. never mind what I said then.

and I might check out the stream later to see if its any good.(in my opinion of course) 

Edited by Agentcheese

Youtube: "Give me a chance"

Twitch: "Give me a chance"

Any Social Streaming Service: "Give me a chance"

Seriously, I don't know why people practically beg for attention. I mean, why do you need our attention? If you want to be popular or something, then wait.

The most annoying thing that guarantees I will never watch someones stream is streamwhoring.

I don't mean to be mean, but it just annoys me when I hear the same thing from every streamer. Just wait, and if you get attention, then it'll come on it's own.

I streamed for a few months and got a bit going. I didn't get a whole lot of viewers though, but it was for other reasons I will give advice on. I didn't really care for the views though, I just thought it was fun, I had a streaming group going for a while

-Don't stream@#&*(, it just gives a really bad reputation

-Keep a regular streaming schedule

-Listen and talk to your chat

-Plan ahead about what you're going to do and tell your viewers. Most people join to watch a certain game, while others just simply enjoy being around

You may or may not do some of the following things, but that's a general small list. There's more, but I can't think of much right now.

You make some good points, but I don't think a bit of self promotion is shameful. Perhaps the "give me a chance" phrasing was a bit desperate. However, I do have to wonder, what did you mean by your first bullet point? 

I respect your decision, but how much did you watch? I'm just curious. I know I sounded really dull a the start and ending, as I was unsure of what to say.

I watched to the point where you started pondering where to go. After that I skipped forward to where you were using some water squirting thing to try and swing platforms around (there where floating pufferfish).

You make some good points, but I don't think a bit of self promotion is shameful. Perhaps the "give me a chance" phrasing was a bit desperate. However, I do have to wonder, what did you mean by your first bullet point? 

It's blocked out by the forums, but anyways what I was basically saying is don't self promote yourself as many places as you can or you're seen as what most call "Streamhores" (Had to misspell so it doesn't block). It gives you a bad reputation as well and it makes yourself seen as desperate for viewers.

Basically, don't promote yourself in ways like this. The only respectful way of promotion is through other people promoting you, either random streamers or via friends.

I mean, you can, but viewers are going to have a negative first impression (which makes it a lot harder to get a regular viewer if they have a bad impression) when they see you self promoting, it's best to just have people come across you randomly or have friends refer others to you.

There's 3 categories of streamers as far as I see it: Those who do it for fun, Those who do it for buisness, and Those who want to do it for buisness, but usually end up failing due to not following said reasons earlier.

Edited by SgtFlex

It's blocked out by the forums, but anyways what I was basically saying is don't self promote yourself as many places as you can or you're seen as what most call "Streamhores" (Had to misspell so it doesn't block). It gives you a bad reputation as well and it makes yourself seen as desperate for viewers.

Basically, don't promote yourself in ways like this. The only respectful way of promotion is through other people promoting you, either random streamers or via friends.

I mean, you can, but viewers are going to have a negative first impression (which makes it a lot harder to get a regular viewer if they have a bad impression) when they see you self promoting, it's best to just have people come across you randomly or have friends refer others to you.

There's 3 categories of streamers as far as I see it: Those who do it for fun, Those who do it for buisness, and Those who want to do it for buisness, but usually end up failing due to not following said reasons earlier.

Ya, I suppose, but I'm not doing this everywhere. I decided to do it here on the Warframe forums because of its great community.