The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushers Are Douches

Tetrinomicon

Hi, I just needed to vent. People who rush to the extraction point once an objective is complete are douches. Don't get me wrong; go ahead and sprint all the way there. But at least TRY to take out some enemies. Otherwise they clump at the doors and make it impossible to run past. So you have 1-2 people trying to fight through ALL the enemies on a map. Is anyone else with me here or am I alone in thinking this? I hate it when players just run past all the enemies, then I have to clean up after them because by the 5 seconds it takes to get there, the enemies have all blocked up a door. This is a team game right?

Or he did kill everything going through there but since you were moving too slowly the enemies kept spawning ahead of you.  I've seen plenty of people make the same complaint, but then we see the mission stats and they don't even have half my kills.

Edited by Aggh

i would love it if someone clumped up all the monsters in chokepoints for me, personally :3

anyhow don't look at me, i'm the "go as fast as humanly possible while killing everything and looting" type of rusher~

I think we can safely say at this point. that no matter what changes are made to the game. There's always going to be a faction here that has major problems with some aspect. of course we already knew this, but it helps sometimes to have proof positive.

And another person who expects that completely foreign people play the style that fits YOU the most.

Either play with friends or get over it that people play the way they want and not to please you....

Thread can be closed....

Edited by Venarge

Thank you for your useless and silly comment Aggh

Totally agree, I don't understand why those rushers even play the game, they don't kill enemies, they don't pick lockers, all they do is run ; go play something else, a game which reward fastest run, racing game, or whatever, but stop ruining our online missions !

Edited by Merzhin

Thank you for your useless and silly comment Aggh

Totally agree, I don't understand why those rushers even play the game, they don't kill enemies, they don't pick lockers, all they do is run ; go play something else, a game which reward fastest run, racing game, or whatever, but stop ruining our online missions !

Or take your &#! to private. this argument has become the equivalent of "Why can't you put the toilet seat up/down?" 

Because at first we were doing it out of habit, but now we're doing it just to spite you because you're trying to force us to cater to your wants rather than trying to meet us halfway. 

Seriously, none of you could find better ? Any argument ? Because for now you all just look like monkeys who run from a place to another without purpose, without the ability to speak nor listen to others .. If you want to just race the missions, there is no point in playing online and rushing alone like there was nobody else in the group. You can do that on your own, in private. The thing is when someone go to play an online game, it implies a community, different players, minds, and opinions. So we're all in the same boat and need to deal with others' will, do compromises. The gameplay don't give any reason to complete missions faster, but rewards you if you open every lockers and take time to complete missions (mods, credits, crafting components ..). If  you can't understand that, you guys got real problems

Edited by Merzhin

I rush when boss hunting(my favourite kind of mission). Because if I don't I'll get left behind. But I still open every container I see.

When it isn't Assassination every mission becomes a contest for highest pickup count for me XD

Seriously, none of you could find better ? Any argument ? Because for now you all just look like monkeys who run from a place to another without purpose, without the ability to speak nor listen to others .. If you want to just race the missions, there is no point in playing online and rushing alone like there was nobody else in the group. You can do that on your own, in private. The thing is when someone go to play an online game, it implies a community, different players, minds, and opinions. So we're all in the same boat and need to deal with others' will, do compromises. The gameplay don't give any reason to complete missions faster, but rewards you if you open every lockers and take time to complete missions (mods, credits, crafting components ..). If  you can't understand that, you guys got real problems

Where is it written that someone has to be happy party members with everyone?

Different players, minds and opinions. So you basically made your own post fail.

You say that people have their own minds and being different and yet you complain about people who play their own style....

Have you noticed how Lotus is all "Hey go grab the artifact guys" then "OK cool go leave now"? That's because those are your OBJECTIVES. The enemies are obstacles, not targets, unless you're playing extermination or defense.

Seriously, none of you could find better ? Any argument ? Because for now you all just look like monkeys who run from a place to another without purpose, without the ability to speak nor listen to others ..

It's pretty obvious that you're being trolled. I know I'm trolling this thread. I can't be alone in that.

But it's important to note why you're being downvoted and trolled,because you're new, and you don't really know any better.

This subject has been brought up numerous times in the past. there eventually came a point where every other thread on the front page at a given time was about rushing, be it complaints about rushers, or arguments from people who liked rushing, or people who just didn't want to hear the back and forth bickering anymore trolling the hell out of people complaining.

we're on the 15th generation of horses being beat to death with other dead horses who were beat to death. and we're sick of hearing about it. The Devs have done everything they can do without majorly affecting a portion of the gaming populace that is wholly innocent, and quite possibly ignorant of the problem. That's all you get. 

Now if you have any desire not to be labelled a Douche yourself, delete this thread, because it's going to turn into a shouting match, and is only going to create more tension in the community.

Edited by BramBlackmon

Rushing gets you credits the fastest.

If you want mods or resources, do defense missions instead.

"Looting" levels, especially containers, is horribly inefficient and boring. If you prefer to play that way, fine, but don't expect others to just go "Oh, sure, go ahead, waste my time all you want."

Hi, I just needed to vent. People who rush to the extraction point once an objective is complete are douches. Don't get me wrong; go ahead and sprint all the way there. But at least TRY to take out some enemies. Otherwise they clump at the doors and make it impossible to run past. So you have 1-2 people trying to fight through ALL the enemies on a map. Is anyone else with me here or am I alone in thinking this? I hate it when players just run past all the enemies, then I have to clean up after them because by the 5 seconds it takes to get there, the enemies have all blocked up a door. This is a team game right?

If there is an alert on level 10-15 mission what the point for me to kill eneimes with full lvl 30 equip? No need in XP anymore.

I am really glad I'm a rusher. Reactions from fools like you amuse me.

Or he did kill everything going through there but since you were moving too slowly the enemies kept spawning ahead of you.  I've seen plenty of people make the same complaint, but then we see the mission stats and they don't even have half my kills.

Just ran for the blueprint dagger.

60% of damage dealt, opened every chest, looted every closet and I was waiting in extraction for a good 3-4 minutes because someone picked up 1 of the 4  datacores (I had the other 3)

The other guys may only have had 8-9% of the damage dealt each - but at  least they made it to extraction at around the same time I did and didn't keep everyone waiting.

Hi, I just needed to vent. People who slowpoke and dont get to the extraction point once an objective is complete are douches. Don't get me wrong; go ahead and keep lagging behind. But at least TRY to run pass through some enemies. Otherwise you needlessly prolong the run and make it impossible to finish quickly. So you have 1-2 people waiting you to step on it. Is anyone else with me here or am I alone in thinking this? I hate it when players just lag behind, then I have to wait for them because by they finish shoting needless mobs the game gets prolonged by 5+ needless minutes. This is a fast paced game right?

fixed

I prefer to have a more in the middle of the bunch pace when I progress through a map. Never idle, but kill most enemies in the case of mods for my teammates. I'll speed up if everyone else is and so forth.

I have nothing against a single player who prefers to run ahead, gun enemies or do his own thing. There is only ONE type of rusher I vehemently dislike.

The guy who does not wait in the elevator, but pushes the button and forces everyone else to wait. If you want to rush, is it not counter-productive to lock your team out of an elevator? Forcing you to wait longer until you can extract?

Almost makes me wonder if they have even realized you need more than one person in the extraction point these days.