Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Thing Weird To Me About Warframe Forums

swihart91

Is ot just men or do people not like debating much here? When I'm the op of a topic I try to stay on every new discussion that aspires in the topic or defend/debate what I stated, which is what im use to in most forums. Here it seems like an op will post something them do one of 3 things

1. Just leave never to be heard from again

2. Only talk with those thay agree with whay they say

3. Just debate the stupid things that are made in the thread and don't debate when an actual good counter point is made

Now I'm not sayin all threads are like this but is a much larger amount than other forums im ise to. Is that just kind of what to expect here?

The average person that replys to a thread has at best read 50% of the original post and skipped to the end missing every part

in between. Thus the same stupid questions and arguments keep repeating themselves. A good written thread contains

all information and arguments and is statement and defense in itself. Thus discussing it comes down to questions or

diffrent points of view, which in most cases could have been avoided by reading more than the 50%.

So most forum debates are quite unsatisfying.

The average person that replys to a thread has at best read 50% of the original post and skipped to the end missing every part

in between. Thus the same stupid questions and arguments keep repeating themselves. A good written thread contains

all information and arguments and is statement and defense in itself. Thus discussing it comes down to questions or

diffrent points of view, which in most cases could have been avoided by reading more than the 50%.

No I do get how after 5 pages or so it gets repeated or way too off topic like I said group 1 is the major one followed not to far behind by group 2. Sometimes it honestly seems like you are ignored if you don't agree with op

Not much point in debating opinion. If someone makes a request for something you don't like, there's no point in posting in their thread. It's better to make a new thread regarding the same topic. For example, ember reworks. Someone is going to keep their ember rework thread the same no matter what because they think they're right. If you don't like their rework ideas, make a new thread posting better suggestions and maybe their thread will get crushed. Nothing to be gained by debating people over whether what they want is right.

Do you also walk up to people on the street, ask them what their favorite color is, and then proceed to tell them that it isn't that color?

I try debating with facts, but some people ignore what I say and instead decide to derail threads with provocative replies when they cannot counter-argue said facts. 

Sadly for them, they most likely end up with a Warning Point over nonsense that could have been avoided entirely.

Edited by Tymerc

Is ot just men or -

OP is sexist and I am completely outraged by this androcentrism!

/offtopic.

If I stopped there, I might go under #3, lol.

I have the most posts here right now, so I win, therefore, I, Jesus, claim that Mesa is underpowered, Rito pls buff Mesa.

Your claim has been refused due to my presence.

......Ok I might definitely go under #3 now.

Here it seems like an op will post something them do one of 3 things

1. Just leave never to be heard from again

2. Only talk with those thay agree with whay they say

3. Just debate the stupid things that are made in the thread and don't debate when an actual good counter point is made

Back on topic though, just because this is a forum doesn't mean it's full of debates. Heck, it's a forum for a video game. Sure there'll be loads of discussion/feedback about it, but debates? Sure, before it turns into a flame war.

I certainly don't use forums to debate. I use it to speak up, and to stand for my opinions! Because my opinion is always right.

always.

Look at my post count!

Ok seriously though, I usually don't bother because I'm always conflicted between the objective and subjective perspectives.

Not much point in debating opinion. If someone makes a request for something you don't like, there's no point in posting in their thread. It's better to make a new thread regarding the same topic. For example, ember reworks. Someone is going to keep their ember rework thread the same no matter what because they think they're right. If you don't like their rework ideas, make a new thread posting better suggestions and maybe their thread will get crushed. Nothing to be gained by debating people over whether what they want is right.

Do you also walk up to people on the street, ask them what their favorite color is, and then proceed to tell them that it isn't that color?

Ok but this isn't the street this is a game we all have in common and if de does go to the community for feed back it shouldntnjust be one big circle jerk of everyone agreeing with everyone. Who is to say I dont like what you think should be done in the ember rework but I dont say anything and I hate the frame after it is don't, or a collective of the games players comen up with a very well rounded solution to which most if not all agree. Which sounds better?. And debating isnt yelling at some one they are wrong, it is to bring up counter points pr ideas they might have never thought of as to why somethings are a certain way or are not a certain way

Ok but this isn't the street this is a game we all have in common and if de does go to the community for feed back it shouldntnjust be one big circle jerk of everyone agreeing with everyone. Who is to say I dont like what you think should be done in the ember rework but I dont say anything and I hate the frame after it is don't, or a collective of the games players comen up with a very well rounded solution to which most if not all agree. Which sounds better?. And debating isnt yelling at some one they are wrong, it is to bring up counter points pr ideas they might have never thought of as to why somethings are a certain way or are not a certain way

Because everyone turns into a sociopath on the internet an loses all capability to care for the benefit of others, instead stubbornly proclaiming that their way is the only right way.

Well one of the major reasons is that there is not really that much that needs debating as such. 

Most game-play affecting threads consist of people asking for something specific to be buffed pr nerfed. Most people replying to that will probably have their mind made up on the topic and wont be swayed by what they read. 

Most lore idea threads consist of people just guessing and coming up with random stories as to what the lore is for this game. As the game refuses to nail down explanations of key concepts the thread mainly becomes people either posting their own ideas of saying how much they like the OPs idea.

The topics we discuss do not really open up for debate over conflicting facts and ideas. Its all cut and dry and hard to debate with explanations. 

Because everyone turns into a sociopath on the internet an loses all capability to care for the benefit of others, instead stubbornly proclaiming that their way is the only right way.

I'm not saying you are wrong and that doesn't happen but aren't yo u also being a hypocrite by putting that statement

because you aint paying me to debate or defend in the forum

I also didn't pay you to leave a smart a$$ remark but you had no problems doing it

Look, you obviously think you can do better than everyone else regarding changes to whatever aspect of the game, but no one would pay attention to your posts in their thread, so you got frustrated and instead decided to vent in this meta complaint thread. Just make a new thread, and save everybody some sanity.

Well one of the major reasons is that there is not really that much that needs debating as such. 

Most game-play affecting threads consist of people asking for something specific to be buffed pr nerfed. Most people replying to that will probably have their mind made up on the topic and wont be swayed by what they read. 

Most lore idea threads consist of people just guessing and coming up with random stories as to what the lore is for this game. As the game refuses to nail down explanations of key concepts the thread mainly becomes people either posting their own ideas of saying how much they like the OPs idea.

The topics we discuss do not really open up for debate over conflicting facts and ideas. Its all cut and dry and hard to debate with explanations.

I personally feel that a good 1/2 of the threads in general discussion are actually debatable, hell this threadn is d ebateable apparently haha

Look, you obviously think you can do better than everyone else regarding changes to whatever aspect of the game, but no one would pay attention to your posts in their thread, so you got frustrated and instead decided to vent in this meta complaint thread. Just make a new thread, and save everybody some sanity.

Never said I had the best ideas I'm even the one agreeing with op and see legitimate arguments left on the table asked at him, you are just too one sided of anperson i agree with you on a point or 2 andnyou call me wrong still. You are exactly what you accuse me of

If you can't boil your point down to one paragraph of 5 or 6 sentences, then you shouldn't expect to have a reasonable conversation with people who can't read more than one paragraph of 5 or 6 sentences.

Concision, brevity, wit.  These are the tools of an accomplished writer.  Use them or not - but don't complain that they're necessary.