Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Rng? Why?

Sablotron

llGVBgl.jpg

Including a few other mods that do not show up there with those duplicates, it's over 70 Vault runs and not a single Narrow, Fleeting, Blinding, or Overextended has dropped.

Something must be wrong here. Statistically this is getting down to the 0.0x% area. This aint a Korean MMO right?

/endrant.

llGVBgl.jpg

Including a few other mods that do not show up there with those duplicates, it's over 70 Vault runs and not a single Narrow, Fleeting, Blinding, or Overextended has dropped.

Something must be wrong here. Statistically this is getting down to the 0.0x% area. This aint a Korean MMO right?

/endrant.

I know your frustration. What I find funny is people complain the exact opposite for new prime part rewards; The newer Nova, Soma Prime parts are rarer than the older ones, and people complain. Now the newer Corrupted mods are easier to get than the older ones, and people complain, too.

I also ran 70+ vault runs, not a single fleeting or OE or several others was found. The weighting for the new and mostly useless corrupted mods is way higher than the older more useful ones. Generally, this:

old mods are dropping at a ridiculously low chance. Whether it's intentional or not, it's better to not even bother.

I know your frustration. What I find funny is people complain the exact opposite for new prime part rewards; The newer Nova, Soma Prime parts are rarer than the older ones, and people complain. Now the newer Corrupted mods are easier to get than the older ones, and people complain, too.

You don't get it. The new prime parts are what you want. The old corrupted mods are what you want.

See the similarities here? YES, those that you want doesn't drop, while the one that you doesn't want always drop.

I was selling my overextended before the update for about 20P and someone private messaged me and warned me somehow that this was going to happen.  He warned me saying that they are going to make it harder to get or even remove them from being obtained so I'm glad he did, now I still have my mods.

I have no idea how long it took me to get all the corrupt mods but it felt like forever. I got lucky though, first three runs I did after I got back from a long break from the game were all transient fortitude. Went onto trade chat and managed to trade two of the the transient Fortitudes for blind rage, narrow minded, and heavy caliber (I had no idea how lucky that was at the time). When i finally got fleeting expertise i went to check my corrupt mods to see if i was missing any and sure enough i didn't have critical delay, bought it on trade chat because it was 5 plat and vault runs are boring.

Fast forward to last week when I realized I needed a partially ranked overextended (and mine was already maxed) for a niche build, check trade chat only to find someone who refuses to sell for under 120 plat. 4 hours of boring farming and I finally get my second overextended (and a heavy cal which net some nice platinum). And still to this day I have never seen a critical delay outside of the one I bought with plat.

llGVBgl.jpg

/endrant.

i sell it :P

and i love random. if we get everything to fast we will get boring very fast too.

You don't get it. The new prime parts are what you want. The old corrupted mods are what you want.

See the similarities here? YES, those that you want doesn't drop, while the one that you doesn't want always drop.

No, no, I get it.

What I'm saying is, people wanting the old corrupted mods is due to the newer ones always dropping. They'll get the newer ones easy, while the older ones are harder, hence people wanting the older ones.

Now let's say the newer prime parts are easier to get, like in 1 T3S run you'll get a bunch of Nova parts. Then we might see people actually having a hard time getting, say, Lex Prime Barrel.

I'm not complaining or whatever, I'm just pointing out the situation here.

llGVBgl.jpg

/endrant.

From what the dataminers are saying, all old-generation vault mods have a 1.3% drop rate, and all new ones have 13%~ drop rate. Have fun getting the old corrupt mods my friend

Edited by cyrus106

No, no, I get it.

What I'm saying is, people wanting the old corrupted mods is due to the newer ones always dropping. They'll get the newer ones easy, while the older ones are harder, hence people wanting the older ones.

You keep saying you get it when you clearly don't. People don't want the old corrupted mods more because they're 'harder to get' - they want them because they're arguably more useful than 90% of the newer mods. The newer mods aren't bad by themselves, but things like Heavy Caliber, Fleeting Expertise, Overextended have always been sought after. Why? Because they're useful for a wide variety of builds.

And that applies to a lot of the old mods as well - how many people do you see hunting in trade chat for Hollow Point? Despite it having a low drop chance just like all the other corrupted mods, you don't see people forking plat hand over fist for it. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire