Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shooting Through Teammates, Perhaps?

TheaMatticks

I'm a little bit torn about this.  On one hand, I don't really want friendly fire and I like that you should be aware of your teammate's position.  On the other, I realize that no one bothers to pay attention to where their teammates are shooting anyways, so all that happens is (especially on bosses if someone is meleeing) that your teammates just act as meat shields for the opponents, blocking a lot of your shots.  It's not usually a huge problem if you have an accurate weapon, but anything with a decent amount of spread means you're just dealing less damage.  One of the other noticable incidents is that if someone runs up to revive someone and stands in their face, the dead guy is now useless and can't provide cover fire for the person resurecting them. 

I'm not sure what a solution would entail for me.  The obvious one would be to just make shots pass through players, but I don't necessarily want that.  I think it might be best if the game provided some sort of feedback or information prompting players to be aware, whether that was just a one time mention in the tutorial, occasional reminders, or even a measure of how much damage was blocked by you in the mission summary.

It might be that some people don't even realize this.  Because you run through other players, people might asume they can shoot through them as well.

Probably not very many people find this as much of a source of irritation as I do, but I figured I'd mention it.

I'm not sure that would be terribly effective. You either need to go the whole hog and add FF, or allow you to shoot through people. Given that quite a lot of the player base don't seem to understand large, obvious hints like how the datamasses work, anything as small as a "nudge" will probably be lost in the noise.

Most people are aware of this situation and have gotten a little irritated the 15% of their ammo ends up in a teammate instead of in a enemy. Players usually tell others not to walk in front of the while they shoot but those said others do it anyways even when it's not intentional.

Only time where I actually had 100% accuracy was in a game where one player actually crouched the whole way through the mission in front of the whole team when there were enemies in the room (bullets went over him since he was crouching the whole time).

If there was a measure of how many bullets a player 'accidentally' blocked... might get those trolls who test themselves to see how many bullets they can jerk block through the whole mission. The prompts might work and if they ignore it, they start taking damage (only if they keep walking in line of fire on purpose and the player isn't shooting at him directly [Player 1 shoots enemy, Player 2 walks between them and takes the damage the enemy should have taken] {Done after 5 prompts of not suppose to walk in front of teammate line of fire})

Suggestion but doesn't need to be done.

Yanga, I did think of the trolling potential, but I put in the suggestion just in case there might be a way to get around it(which you suggested, thank you :D).

I do think having shots pass through people would be better than the current situation.  Whatever would be easiest for the devs to implement I guess would be good.

Agree. Right now I am using Latron and Lex on my Excal, love the assassin type of gameplay, but the moment I aim for someone´s head, a wild team mate appears out of nowhere and nullifies my damage....annoying as !@?*k...

Especially if you´re like me, sniping your way around when this game is a melee fest for some people.

Just removing the screen shake on your end (or at least an option in the game settings to toggle this ) when teammates are swinging their heavy melee weapons, would be of big help.

Lining up perfect headshots with a Latron... then screen shake throws off your aim completely. Ugh.