Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embers Fire Blast's Dot Still Does Not Hit In The Center Area.

Racercowboy

its not intentional dude, DE has been literally on holiday is all.

edit: oh my bad, thought you said fireball, yea it's allways been that way, its also one of the few abilities enemys think twice about walking into and killing themselfs.

Edited by Roogan

its not intentional dude, DE has been literally on holiday is all.

edit: oh my bad, thought you said fireball, yea it's allways been that way, its also one of the few abilities enemys think twice about walking into and killing themselfs.

The initial blast hits everything, it should be intentional

Ember's fire blast is visibly a RING OF FIRE.

It was never intended to hit in the center. It is meant as area denial.

It does however, damage things in the center when intitially cast.

inb4lock

This is not about the shape of the animation. This is about the absurdity of the mechanics considering the theme of the frame.

Fire Blast is the only ability in the game that works like this. I have yet to see a sound, logical reason from anyone as to why it should work this way. The skill being a ring of fire is not a good reason. By that logic, Rhino stomp should only hit people who are in the area of the flying debris that appear around him. There would be viver-nerf-rage all over again over that and rightfully so, cause it's stupid.

Ember is portrayed as a damage caster. Why then is this ability so limited when it comes to dealing damage being that it is supposed to be her forte? How would we feel if Sound Quake, Hallowed Ground, and Miasma worked the same way? Those skills don't even belong to pure damage casters. Why should Ember, the pure damage caster, be gutted in the name of I don't even when it comes to dealing damage? For goodness sakes, Fireball for the same energy cost (3 casts for those who can't figure it out) is better to use than Fire Blast for the same situation. Something is severely wrong here.

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's hard to deny an area when the enemy can sit safely inside of it and kill you.

Edited by Racercowboy

As area denial it works incredibly well. DE programmed the AI so they'll avoid the circle of fire unless it's the only possible path to you, making half the ability redundant.

Spending 75 energy just to have the enemy stand there and shoot instead of having melee units walk up to you does not sound very attractive. Nowadays even the infested have ways to either get you out or shoot you easily inside that ring. Other factions can hit you straight through the whole thing easily. This "area denial" thing that people keep speaking of is not as good as they think it is. In fact, as you said in your post, It's harming half of what Fire Blast is capable of.

What I don't get is that making Fire Blast's DoT hit in the center area will not affect it's so called area denial in any harmful way (in fact it will make it BETTER) and people are still so opposed to this like it's some horrible thing. If Fire Blast having DoT in the center area is that bad, then I think it's about time to whack out the nerf bat on many, many other abilities in this game.