Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's Amd And Weapon Damage

SilverZs

#1.

If you target an AMD with a Gammacor, all you do is 0 damage ticks, meaning no damage added to the AMD itself.

#2.

AMD does not recognize or cooperate with Critical damage build weapons (i.e. Soma/amprex/synapse).

#3.

(potentially the problem with Gammacor)

AMD does not seem to absorb Magnetic damage, potentially immune to Magnetic damage.

#4.

Fix the above.

That's a problem with being a client, and is only a UI issue.

It does not track crits I don't think, though.

For me it does all the damage I put into it (with a Synoid Gammacor or anything else) and applies it correctly, even if it is displayed as 0.

Unfortunately, I've tested it repetitively... its not a 'client' based issue. If my Soma P can damage my own AMD, while my Synoid Gammacor hits it but does zero damage, its not a client issue. Hell, I even went as far as to test my Glaive Prime on it, and it seems to be working just fine, playing as a client.

It does work as host (gammacor) but does not work as client (at all).

And even then... the damage output isn't what it should be. A maxed rank AMD is (damage done) x 400% (as radiation damage)...

I ticked 4 x 7000 total damage on my AMD (as host with Synoid Gammacor) and dropped it on a Grineer capture target (lvl 30) and did a whopping 500 damage (approx) landing it directly beside him. Needless to say, I had to end up shooting him to actually down him.

Edited by SilverZs

The 0 thing is not exclusive to AMD. I've shot other things with my Synoid Gammacor and seen nothing but 0s and I'm still doing damage. I haven't been using it much lately due to the leveling frenzy I've been on to get my MR up higher, but I think Nullifier Spheres and Death Orbs also do it.

But even with that being said, AMD is not as reliable as it should be in my experience. I've used hit scan weapons on it before as a client and landed the orb and it's done base damage even after unloading an entire clip into it. I've had times where I've had like 50/50 success with my Gammacor. When that's happened, there have been some times where I could bypass what ever registration lag was happening and get 100% success, but I had to keep firing at it until the focus slow down would suddenly stop working and it would speed up even with me focusing on it, at which point it would properly register damage. But that doesn't always happen and sometimes it just plain won't work.

I'm not too concerned about it registering Critical Hits, it's a ridiculously over powered power as it is. I'm also a firm believer that "Not all weapons are meant for all frames" and that certain weapons are just not suitable to be used with certain frames. But I wish they'd get it working 100% of the time as a client, because it annoys me that I don't feel like I can reliably play my Nova since I'm an AMA build and not an MP build.

Edited by Ceryk