Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk A Little Bit About This

Gammaion

Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Really DE? Really?

And before you start, no, I never AFK in matches without prior consent from squadmates. And I usually never have any problem with DE's method of design. But this really rubbed me the wrong way. This, this is an awful design decision. It doesn't take a genius to know how bad this really is. It's a band-aid solution. There are simply FAR too many reasons a person might idle for one minute. Also, what if matches aren't even with randoms but a group of friends?

This is only the tip of a very large iceberg!

We shouldn't all have to be punished because of a few bad eggs!

You guys obviously didn't think this through. This... this is worse than the broken lights! And that's saying something!

Please consider removing this from the game. We all know there is a better solution to combat those pesky AFKers.

Edited by Gammaion

He read the patchnotes, copied the quote and wrote this post. Not his mistake. But yes, this was added:

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.  This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission

Pool 1) Survival, Defense, Interception, etc rewards are revealed during the mission and accumulate without penalty.

Pool 2) Exterminate, Sabotage, Capture, and essentially anything else that isn't endless have end-of-mission reward items (Blueprints from bosses, etc).

Pool 2 items are all that is affected by this change at this time.

Why was this even a necessary feature? How many people have encountered afkers to an extent that this aggressive of an action was required? I don't understand, it's like DE came back from new years and decided meh, this game is no longer fun to make. Let's go back to the grind so we can get our money and gtfo. Referring of course to the syndicate void key changes. 

Except this doesn't apply to Endless missions, such as Defense or survival, so your examples are incorrect.

Please be sure to re-read the announcement for clarification.

He read the patchnotes, copied the quote and wrote this post. Not his mistake. But yes, this was added:

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.  This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission

Pool 1) Survival, Defense, Interception, etc rewards are revealed during the mission and accumulate without penalty.

Pool 2) Exterminate, Sabotage, Capture, and essentially anything else that isn't endless have end-of-mission reward items (Blueprints from bosses, etc).

Pool 2 items are all that is affected by this change at this time.

I apologize, but my point still stands!

Except this doesn't apply to Endless missions, such as Defense or survival, so your examples are incorrect.

Please be sure to re-read the announcement for clarification.

Please explain why was this timer added then? Never seen people leeching on capture or exterminate missions.

I'll be honest with you; with your two examples nixed I am not sure what your point is.

Please explain why was this timer added then? Never seen people leeching on capture or exterminate missions.

People can still leech Void Capture and Exterminate missions. If you have questions about the implementation, I suggest you put them on the update post. I am not in possession of all the reasoning behind it. I am simply here to correct false assumptions.

I'll be honest with you; with your two examples nixed I am not sure what your point is.

My point is the fact that there are better solutions to the AFKer problem. Are AFKers really that big of an issue, anyway? I've been playing since April and I have only encountered a handful of them!

The AFK/dead penalty is relative to the time that the mission ends, but even so I have to agree that it is a poor design decision.  Now we can have situations where a team cooperates to hold back the enemy as one member escapes, and three out of four players then lose out.  Likewise, a household emergency means that a player loses out.  Meanwhile, AFK leeches need do no more than run a macro every 30 seconds to bypass the "protection" that this feature offers.

If this were about saving server resources, then disconnection would make sense, but this seems to be about punishing people who leech - and targets both leeches and the undeserving.

The AFK/dead penalty is relative to the time that the mission ends, but even so I have to agree that it is a poor design decision.  Now we can have situations where a team cooperates to hold back the enemy as one member escapes, and three out of four players then lose out.  Likewise, a household emergency means that a player loses out.  Meanwhile, AFK leeches need do no more than run a macro every 30 seconds to bypass the "protection" that this feature offers.

If this were about saving server resources, then disconnection would make sense, but this seems to be about punishing people who leech - and targets both leeches and the undeserving.

Absolutely. Sometimes during a mission we need to stay in one place for the sake of strategy. Must we be punished for this?

Some of us have very hectic lifestyles that may require us to leave for about 5 minutes at a time. That is not asking much from other players.

And furthermore, people will always find ways around this, much like stated above.