Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"i Am Void." - Because Fan'frames Need Love Too.

SilverBones

NOTE: I wrote this, because I needed to do something creative! I figured I would base it on my Fan'Frame.

You can find the Void Fan'Frame right here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am Void.

I enrapture. It is a cold embrace, that of nothingness; a sweet nihilism that brings joy and peace to those who suffer. Perhaps my kin do not see it, but our enemy, the Grineer, suffer so. I hear it in every gargled tone and straining actuator as they run towards their death. Their deformed, mutated bodies cry out for release from their enslavement, wretched and powerless in their metallic shells.

I am generous, in that I give them their release. The ring of energy that focuses my will spins out, severing vital organs and laying waste to a layer of Grineer who beg before me. I can almost hear their whispered thanks as their body parts sail away in an airborne ballet of blood and oil.

Even as the instrument of my mercy returns, I hear more cries.

My brother, encased in the mighty form of the Excalibur, battles more of the broken masses, but does not fare well in the face of such destructive instinct. His shields are worn and his flesh scored, but he – like I – cannot falter in our mission. Once again, I call upon my grasp of the energy that binds our souls to the Warframe and with an effort of will; force it out in a shockwave around me.

Immediately, the Excalibur is renewed; his shields roaring back to life and his synthetic musculature empowered by my gift. As his blade carves mighty swathes through the enemy, he thanks me and continues to free the malformed victims from their own, self-defined imprisonment. How glorious it is to see my kin take to such a task.

It gives me satisfaction.

In all things, there must come death. I am the herald of the Black Sleep, the surgeon that euthanizes out of pity for his patient and the spinning blade of sweet release. For when the darkness descends upon my enemy, I will be waiting for them; to guide them into oblivion’s tranquility.

I am Void.

So... No one minds if, say, people start making these about their fanframes?

[edit]

Though in retrospect, stretching inspiration from one to the point line and into a little story of it's own is a bit hard. I applause your creativity!

Edited by GTG3000

More of these, always a good thing.

Thank you! Glad you approve!

So... No one minds if, say, people start making these about their fanframes?

[edit]

Though in retrospect, stretching inspiration from one to the point line and into a little story of it's own is a bit hard. I applause your creativity!

I don't see why not? The "I Am..." series is nothing more than fandom in and of itself. Why not make them about Fan'Frames too? Thanks for the kind feedback!

Edited by SilverBones

Good stuff Silver

I not very good at being poetic and eloquent... So no I am Tiburon sadly :(

Come on, I'm sure you'd be able to write something decent, if you gave it a try.

Edited by GTG3000

Well Void isn't strictly a fan'frame anymore! Since they're making a frame that's based on him! :D

I don't think they are making the full frame :) I think they are perhaps bringing in a scythe, but the frame is probably a bit too far out there :)

I don't think they are making the full frame :) I think they are perhaps bringing in a scythe, but the frame is probably a bit too far out there :)

Still, it's quite a thing to brag about, if DE adds a styche because of your suggestion, inspiring them.)

If they had the Void frame in development that was directly inspiraed by a fanframe concept... they'd most likely contact Silver -ergo any of the fanframe creators-

Well, I have said on multiple occasions that they are welcome to any of the stuff I create as I subscribe to creative commons by attribution. You also have to bear in mind that fan-art based on DE's property is done with their good graces. If they wanted to be $&*^s, they could have all sorts of issues with IP usage, but thankfully they are not a company who does stuff like that, but in fact welcomes fan creativity.

That alone is a sign of an excellent developer and if I could, I would buy another GM founder pack just to support them in their development of this game. Even if they did use the Void word for word, concept for concept, they would be welcome to it. They deserve something back from the community they support so well. That's also why I drew DERebecca that cat-frame picture :)