Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Remove Frame And Weapon Slot Limits Or Offer A Free Way To Get Them

BigJim1321

If you don't approve why the heck are you still here?

What they've done good for you and all other F2P?

I think you don't play the same game as i do.

And if you don't play that much those slots are more then enough for you for a very long time. After that time if you don't want to play this play something else, just don't cry because you can't get everything for free as always F2P players want.

I don't approve of the model but i like the game so i play it whenever i feel like it, because currently it is really boring doing the same mission over and over and over again without any gain.

I already filled all my 5 slots 2 weeks ago, so after a month i pretty much finished the game and in the mean-time i did play something else. A little over a month isn't much at all, it is actually extremely poor for a F2P game that relies on longevity.

What have they done for me? Allowing me to play the game? That is not something out of the good of their hearts, that is a business model.

A business model that bases itself on free players. Free players that provide free advertisement, get more people in the game, make the game feel lively and maybe even pay. If you don't want free players to experience everything, then you shouldn't have made the game free to play. Should have called it free to demo.

I never,ever said that i want everything in the game. I actually said that i wouldn't mind skins only available for platinum, instead of alerts as they currently are. I just want a fair chance to experience all the game, which in this situation is warframes and weapons. I don't want to get them all in a second or for free, but i want at least to be able to get them, fairly (not 2.000.000 credits for a slot) and in time.

Alcoran, on 02 May 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

I think 100-200k for warframe slot, 50k-75k for gun slot is good. This really shouldn't be a limiting factor, or people will just move on to other f2p games like blacklight retribution.

I completely agree. There are numerous other F2P games that are good, TF2, Dota 2, LoL. You can even play Star Trek Online, Star Conflict, LotRO, AoC etc. If you can't hook a player to your game and keep him playing for a long time, then you might as well give up because there are many other games that will.

Edited by Story4

I don't approve of the model but i like the game so i play it whenever i feel like it, because currently it is really boring doing the same mission over and over and over again without any gain.

I already filled all my 5 slots 2 weeks ago, so after a month i pretty much finished the game and in the mean-time i did play something else. A little over a month isn't much at all, it is actually extremely poor for a F2P game that relies on longevity.

What have they done for me? Allowing me to play the game? That is not something out of the good of their hearts, that is a business model.

A business model that bases itself on free players. Free players that provide free advertisement, get more people in the game, make the game feel lively and maybe even pay. If you don't want free players to experience everything, then you shouldn't have made the game free to play. Should have called it free to demo.

I never,ever said that i want everything in the game. I actually said that i wouldn't mind skins only available for platinum, instead of alerts as they currently are. I just want a fair chance to experience all the game, which in this situation is warframes and weapons. I don't want to get them all in a second or for free, but i want at least to be able to get them, fairly (not 2.000.000 credits for a slot) and in time.

Alcoran, on 02 May 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

I think 100-200k for warframe slot, 50k-75k for gun slot is good. This really shouldn't be a limiting factor, or people will just move on to other f2p games like blacklight retribution.

I completely agree. There are numerous other F2P games that are good, TF2, Dota 2, LoL. You can even play Star Trek Online, Star Conflict, LotRO, AoC etc. If you can't hook a player to your game and keep him playing for a long time, then you might as well give up because there are many other games that will.

They have every item available without platinum. that's free to play you just have to work for it, don't want to? Fine , just don't complain about what doesn't need to be complained.

Anyway 1m creds for a frame slot is not bad it's pretty fair as i just wasted around 200k that i earned yesterday on defense missions.

And every screenshot that is posted in the forums usually have way more then that. So i guess knowing how to farm is something that does not assist you.

And as you don't seem to comprehend one bit of "how the Dev's survive" i'm getting outta here because i'm just wasting my time on you greedy F2Pers. (Generally speaking)

@Crunktanium, none of those game you said have been as succesful as other example in this topic. Also if you have 20$ to spend on bullets then you are swimming in money. I would rather spend 10$ on Chivalry and 10$ on CS:GO and get a lot more bang for my buck (i already have both).

I'm not swimming in money I simply make an average wage and spend most of my spare money on games. Already own CSGO and almost a hundred other games and have money sitting in accounts unused for various F2P. But yes $20 in bullets was to much for me after a few weeks hoping to make a profit to stretch my money I simply quit. Those swimming in money spent thousands to buy bank licenses, land mass, shuttle pads or stores and one guy even spent $10k for his own Planet with a virtual night club. Just to buy a full set of top end armor in Entropia will set you back over $500 and there is no shortage of shop owners with high end gear to sell. But if you slave your tail off sweating for those who pay you can play the game entirely for free.

But then consider those who paid $250 for the top founder tier in Warframe are they all swimming in money?

I don't get where you can claim those games aren't successful either as Entropia has made a fortune. Vindictus (Nexon US) is not that successful because of &!$$ poor management and crap support. But the parent company in Asia happens to be one of the most successful game publishers on the planet worth billions. It was not that long ago when investors were actually predicting they would buy out EA. So not all is what it appears to be in the F2P world as there are BILLIONS per year being spent on free games. But just because you think something is expensive or unsuccessful does not necessarily make it so. In fact there are some people in Vindictus who spend thousands per year in the shop and yet it's slowly sinking. So imagine how bad Warframe would suffer in contrast if DE can't get enough people to spend a mere $20 for slots and such.

Btw I'm a founder here too even though it does not show up under my name for whatever reason. ;)

Edited by CrunkTanium

@Mr. Pava: Yeah let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. If you consider that having only 2 warframe slots is enough and that only with those i can get everything in the game, then i see no reason to keep this going. Also i really don't believe that you earned 200k in a defense mission, i can get about 4000 creds finishing a deception mission on Pluto in 4 minutes average. So 1000 credits per minutes you would need more than 3 hours to get 200k. Not to mention waiting time until the game starts and ends which will make it even longer. Don't pull figures out of your &#!.

And how am i greedy if i want to get all the stuff that effect gameplay, but only after playing hundreds of hours? It would be greed if i wanted them to be easily acquirable or to get them instantly, but like this is anything but greed, it is accesibility.

@CrunkTanium, i never said that you are swimming in money, i just said that people who pay 20$ for bullets do. And i can't afford to have hundreds of other games or money sitting in accounts. And yes people paying 250$ for a game that hasn't even been release (it is open beta) either have complete faith in the game or are swimming in money, possibly both.

I did not say that they aren't successful, i have said that they are not as successful. Even SW:TOR has success, but that isn't because because it has a good F2P model, it is because of all the Star Wars fans.

I don't care if you are a founder or not, we are having a discussion. Can we keep it without having to result to insults like Mr.Pava is? Maybe i came off a pit too agressive. I meant to say that no matter if your a founder or not, you are entitled to your opinion and there's no need to insult the other players like Mr. Pava is doing.

Also another point, F2P games expect people to pay for their games even after a lot of months or even a year, perhaps more. I only payed for LoL after 1 year and again after another. Did they get 40$ eventually? yes they did.

Edited by Story4

If you go by how they release things currently, there will probably be around 25 warframes and over 100 weapons after 1 year. By then you will probably have to pay 45 euros just to get all the slots. So basically you will have to pay almost the price for a full game just to be able to grind over 500 hours. Do you really think that it is reasonable? Why pay so that you can waste time when you should pay to not waste time?

So you dont think having played 500 hours deserves the price of a retail game?  At 500 hours thats only 0.09 euros an hour, seems like a extreemly cheap entertainment value to me.  Sure it may currently be grindy (its not finished), but just about every MMO is grindy as well and they are release games.

Also given if you have played the game for 500 hours, you obviously realy enjoy the game so why doesnt DE deserve the 45 euros off you?

I'm just tired of hearing people say that the current slot system is okay for free players. If you don't want free players in your game to experience everything a paying player can then you shouldn't have made a F2P game at all or at least you shouldn't market it as such.

This is the point, it keeps getting said, because it keep getting ignored.

Free players can experience everything a paying player can, they just cant keep everything.  It may seem like a subtle difference but it is still a difference.

At the end of the day the game is in beta, when they have 20 frames and 100 weapons maybe we will have gotten more slots, you never know.

Edited by Loswaith

DE_Steve talked about there being slots earned with mastery ranks sometime in the future in a Q&A after one of the live streams.  Haven't heard any news about it since then.

Now, that i spend about 30 Euro to get 12 Warframe Slots and about 40 weapon slots. Nice. Quite nice.

So you dont think having played 500 hours deserves the price of a retail game?  At 500 hours thats only 0.09 euros and hour, seems like a extreemly cheap entertainment value to me.  Sure it may currently be grindy (its not finished), but just about every MMO is grindy as well and they are release games.

Also given if you have played the game for 500 hours, you obviously realy enjoy the game so why doesnt DE deserve the 45 euros off you?

This is the point, it keeps getting said, because it keep getting ignored.

Free players can experience everything a paying player can, they just cant keep everything.  It may seem like a subtle difference but it is still a difference.

500 hour players aren't so common that you can afford to corner them to spend cash.  If a games monetization system is done properly, they'll probably end up doing it anyways, no need to make it a requirement for continued progression (which is what the current slot and mastery system do).

Now, that i spend about 30 Euro to get 12 Warframe Slots and about 40 weapon slots. Nice. Quite nice.

Did you really need 12 Warframe and 40 Weapon slots?

I doubt even 75% of the population will level up 6 Warframes once they find one they really enjoy. As for Weapons eventually you will discard the ones you don't like. But if you really needed that many slots you could have bought them as you needed them. But if you change your mind later on they said we can reset and get back out plat to spend elsewhere so it's not that big a deal at this stage.

Well, for the price you mentioned, it would be easy to do gain the credits. Running high level alerts alone will net you around 10K+. Maybe double the amount you listed?

why not just buy some platinum for example if you bought disciple founders pack youd have more than enough to drastically increase your weapon/inventory slots..

Disciple is only 19.99

comes with 375 plat.

Edited by Klaww

Also, you dont really need those slots but if you really want to start collecting guns and having loads of warframes just dish out some cash you basically already invested so much time into this game you might as well. Honestly I think most people take for granted how lucky we are that this is F2P and has a F2P market system (you can get bps for basically everything on the market besides colors & slots) we are definantly lucky this isnt a subscription game. We are definantly lucky this isn't a bad game either, most F2Ps are. 

Also, you dont really need those slots but if you really want to start collecting guns and having loads of warframes just dish out some cash you basically already invested so much time into this game you might as well. Honestly I think most people take for granted how lucky we are that this is F2P and has a F2P market system (you can get bps for basically everything on the market besides colors & slots) we are definantly lucky this isnt a subscription game. We are definantly lucky this isn't a bad game either, most F2Ps are. 

Indeed.

I don't get it. We can obtain almost everything in the game for free. Why can't you people let DE gain at least SOME profit from their work? You enjoy this game, don't you? Then support them, and stop asking for more when we already have everything.

btw: I myself am also hurting for a new warframe slot. Got Volt sitting in my foundry, but don't have enough plat at the moment to add him to my inventory. But do you see me pleading for slots for free? Nope.

Edited by SoulEchelon

500 hour players aren't so common that you can afford to corner them to spend cash.  If a games monetization system is done properly, they'll probably end up doing it anyways, no need to make it a requirement for continued progression (which is what the current slot and mastery system do).

True, though I wouldn't expect them to actually be paying at the 500 hour mark as they likely by that point have either paid or lived with the minimal slots and not be all that bothered by it.  So they arent getting cornered at all.

The factor that they can put in 500 hours without paying is great (allot of retail games for $50 your lucky to get 20 hours out of, let alone 100+), I've also yet to see any other free to play game that hasnt cornered you into paying for something by that point that has anyform or need for slots.

The extra slots or lack of them in no way hinder any progression, it means you just cant keep all of your progression and you have to make a choice to either loose progression in some areas or pay to keep it.  The choice is always yours. 

If DE didnt allow you to sell Warframes or weapons or the slots got sold with them I could see the slot issue having merit, as you have no choice then, but clearly thats not the case.

Not everything in life is free, sometimes you have to make a choice not to have something or pay for it.

Edited by Loswaith

Honestly it seems kind of insulting to the game and yourself that you love it so much and play it so much you have a collection of warframes and guns, but arent willing to pay a small fee to increase a few available slots. An extremely small fee I might add and you also start with 50plat. Even then you can always sell something if you grow tired of it, I sold my loki the first chance I got to replace it with frost. Same with a few guns

Edited by Klaww

True, though I wouldn't expect them to actually be paying at the 500 hour mark as they likely by that point have either paid or lived with the minimal slots and not be all that bothered by it.  So they arent getting cornered at all.

The factor that they can put in 500 hours without paying is great (allot of retail games for $50 your lucky to get 20 hours out of, let alone 100+), I've also yet to see any other free to play game that hasnt cornered you into paying for something by that point that has anyform or need for slots.

The extra slots or lack of them in no way hinder any progression, it means you just cant keep all of your progression and you have to make a choice to either loose progression in some areas or pay to keep it.  The choice is always yours. 

If DE didnt allow you to sell Warframes or weapons or the slots got sold with them I could see the slot issue having merit, as you have no choice then, but clearly thats not the case.

Not everything in life is free, sometimes you have to make a choice not to have something or pay for it.

Selling items loses you the mastery you earned on them which means you can't rank up.  F2p players can't get past rank 4.  If they ever plan to flesh out the mastery system to be more than a small handful of unlocks, they're going to have to add some free slots.  Also, asking players to sacrifice something they have poured hours upon hours into in order to use new content is incredibly bad design. 

Honestly it seems kind of insulting to the game and yourself that you love it so much and play it so much you have a collection of warframes and guns, but arent willing to pay a small fee to increase a few available slots. An extremely small fee I might add and you also start with 50plat. Even then you can always sell something if you grow tired of it, I sold my loki the first chance I got to replace it with frost. Same with a few guns

This is a common and quite stupid argument in f2p games.  What people like you don't understand is that the game needs to be able to maintain a large player base, and to do that the long run, f2p players have to feel that they're not getting screwed.  A high turn over rate on players won't allow them to maintain the large player base they need.

Edited by Aggh

On the one hand, I semi-agree that a F2P touted game should not have any essentials as pay only. 

However, I also know that this game isn't supported purely by sunshine and rainbows, so I'd rather they had *a* way to convince people to spend money in game. I'm about 40/60 on it.

At the end of the day I like to look at it this way: For every penny I put into this game, I get platinum to spend and I'm guaranteed to get more content for it. It's not a bad offer. You buy platinum to expand your game, but you're also expanding it on a meta level - with more content. If 300 people spent $10 on buying warframe/weapon slots that's another server blade they can afford. Hurrah for server stability.

Selling items loses you the mastery you earned on them which means you can't rank up.  F2p players can't get past rank 4. 

That's false information right there. If you rank 30 a weapon and sell it, and then buy it again you will see that you A) do not lose mastery and B) can not gain any more mastery ranks from the new weapon.

EDIT: I know this for fact, purely because I attempted it myself.

F2P players are not detrimented except for variety. Personally I'd rank everything to 30 and then from that experience keep the two frames and assortment of weapons that I found the most fun/useful to my playstyle. Pretty sure I could narrow it down to just two frames and 12 weapons across the primary/secondary/melee range. If you want to collect everything, then you can, but you don't get any advantage from it whatsoever, except maybe explicitly tailoring a warframe/weapon set to take out a particular enemy group, but even then you can do that with just two slots really, Volt + Ember (when ember gets fixed).

Long story short, you want to collect everything, you can buy slots. If you don't want to collect everything then fair dues, just stick with your slots. It's not like you can level more than 1 frame and 3 weapons at a time anyway.

Edited by J-Pax

That's false information right there. If you rank 30 a weapon and sell it, and then buy it again you will see that you A) do not lose mastery and B) can not gain any more mastery ranks from the new weapon.

EDIT: I know this for fact, purely because I attempted it myself.

Ok, so we have conflicting information because some people say this is not the case.

I never tried it by myself and would like to have a concrete answer for this.

Ok, so we have conflicting information because some people say this is not the case.

I never tried it by myself and would like to have a concrete answer for this.

I sold my Aklato, Bo and turned my Furis into an Afuris on the same day. I was still *this* close to Rank 4(frustration from this caused me to remember this experience crystal-clear)

So yes, you keep your mastery...

I sold my Aklato, Bo and turned my Furis into an Afuris on the same day. I was still *this* close to Rank 4(frustration from this caused me to remember this experience crystal-clear)

So yes, you keep your mastery...

Are we talking about mastery (the bar on the top left in system select) or weapon mastery (weapon XP level)?