Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Citizen

VKhaun

Anyone aware of this game?

Life is setting down and I'm looking forward to more free time for WF, WH40K and Star Citizen. Though after trying out the flight test for Star Citizen I may have to put WH40K on hold because I'm going to be broke and eating Ramen and Tuna during my free time if I buy nice hardware for Star Citizen. Mouse and keyboard does not feel up to the task!

I have honestly not looked at it even slightly in almost exactly one year...  I'm just now tonight going to try and catch up on those Jump Point articles.

I see that the FPS part is coming soon though. IIRC the hanger came pretty quickly after they said it was coming soon. They use the actually word "soon" as opposed to "Soon".

The demo from PAX looks really neat. It doesn't seem to be a true FPS when not ADS. It looks like they have a little deadzone for the mouse that they can aim within and they're looking around in their helmet. I almost wonder if I'll end up using a joystick setup for that as well... but I don't think so. If for no other reason than that it would feel ridiculous after two decades of first person and third person shooter games, haha.

Even if Star Citizen is good when it comes out, it's a long way off - 2016 at best. Oh yeah, and you pay once then pay monthly and also can pay even more inside the game? No thanks.

Yeah, for me Star Citizen LOOKS really rad and all, but we said that about Destiny. Plus, the art design and story don't exactly have as much potential as our beloved WF.

All told I'll wait till it gets a full release and see if it lives up to snuff.

I have heard of Star Citizen and my friend has it and is constantly talking about how great it's going to be and I have high hopes for it.

Elite: Dangerous looks more up my alley though.

However since I am a sucker for playing with friends I will most likely pick up Star Citizen further down the developmental process.

Edited by Utarious

Even if Star Citizen is good when it comes out, it's a long way off - 2016 at best. Oh yeah, and you pay once then pay monthly and also can pay even more inside the game? No thanks.

The game does have quite a while to ever reach it's full release, but I am hopeful for a beta. Hell, Im suprised that Warframe is actually still in "Beta" as well.

But as far as pricing goes, you only buy the actual game. According to Wiki and such, there is no monthly fee, just pay and in-game items, just about every game now IMO. There seems to be micro transactions whether a game is free or not, though in games that aren't free it usually comes in terms of DLC.

As far as everything else, I still have not touched the game at all since I can barely survive and wouldn't be wise to buy it right now, but I have indeed been following it everywhere it has appeared, and I am hopeful for it. Im a big scifi game person, so it's definitely up my alley.

Elite Dangerous seems fun too, but not my style of a universal sci fi. To me, it just seems like a bunch of space combat and pirating, but I am no one to judge since I haven't looked at it that much.