The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide-Melee Abuse

Sageofbattle

I was maybe one of these people today.

The Glaive BP Alert was today so a lot of people are rush-farming the rare mats for it like Morphics from bosses.

It might just be a temp. surge in activity.

I feel like the slide-melee maneuver is something that should be used responsibly. I really like using it on Frost and Rhino so I don't have to tell my team to slow down for me. 

But the people who are abusing it and leaving an army in their wake for their teammates to deal with is just not right.

The only tiny issue I see for when this gets fixed is that the rushers who use fast Warframes will still rush, and slower Warframes like Frost and Rhino will no longer have this tool to catch-up. 

Either way though, this should be addressed.

Edited by Ravtek

people have macros specifically made for this just so they can spam one button and get  these insane speeds going

WOW...thanks for the idea...now me and the entire warframe community can do this!

=P

I'm teasing. but yeah..lid is off the box now....cat is no longer in the bag...you were smart enough to figure it out..now all the stupid people don't need to.

WOW...thanks for the idea...now me and the entire warframe community can do this!

=P

I'm teasing. but yeah..lid is off the box now....cat is no longer in the bag...you were smart enough to figure it out..now all the stupid people don't need to.

To be fair, anyone with a half decent knowledge of a keyboard can figure it out.

I feel like the slide-melee maneuver is something that should be used responsibly. I really like using it on Frost and Rhino so I don't have to tell my team to slow down for me. 

But the people who are abusing it and leaving an army in their wake for their teammates to deal with is just not right.

The only tiny issue I see for when this gets fixed is that the rushers who use fast Warframes will still rush, and slower Warframes like Frost and Rhino will no longer have this tool to catch-up. 

Either way though, this should be addressed.

I have to agree. I love the extra armor and shielding that frost affords, but the low speed really restricts their effective usage to Defense missions.

Just a little warning: this is a bit of a rant

I've started to notice people using slide melee to get ridiculous speed boosts and run right through groups of enemies, leaving them for everyone else to fight. It's gotten to the point of where I'm sure people have macros specifically made for this just so they can spam one button and get  these insane speeds going. It defeats two things in the game. First of all, I play a Frost frame. If there are two or more of these people working together, then they simply run through the level, do everything and extract before I have even the chance to even get a quarter of the way through. Secondly it defeats the entire purpose of having a game if all they do is just skip all of it. 

Admittedly, I don't like speed running myself, however it is a legitimate way of playing the game. When you get this going though, it entirely breaks the game in my opinion. I'm not saying end all speed running, just end this method of abuse that people use.

Nice post.

I use this too, often i may say, but only when i'm the one left behind, not when i'm the one leading the team lol!

It's an awesome move to regain terrain and as a gap closer, if ppl use it to leave others behind it is player's fault, not game mechanic's fault imho.

my 0.2$

You cant nerf the slide attack ability you are a ninja and you have to be able to move fast with proper fury upgrade .

hmm dont play with random rushers ... :/  that problem is hard to solve but im sure if more content comes out there will be more advantages of killing or going full teem then rushing

Can you imagine what would have happened to the evolution of the fps genre if quake hadn't unintentionally introduced strafe jumping :/

I'm firmly in the 'make the game faster' camp.

-remove stamina entirely as it's a clunky artifical limitation of player skill ceiling and I'll fitting for a ninjalike game .

-leave the slide attack exploits

- Fix the reliability of wallrunning and other interactions with the environment (jumping when against a wall, running over sloped terrain, jumping on sloped terrain, etc)

Making the game faster and more hectic will make it harder and more skill oriented, and it'll avoid the need for bullet sponge enemies.

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

Can you imagine what would have happened to the evolution of the fps genre if quake hadn't unintentionally introduced strafe jumping :/

I'm firmly in the 'make the game faster' camp.

-remove stamina entirely as it's a clunky artifical limitation of player skill ceiling and I'll fitting for a ninjalike game .

-leave the slide attack exploits

- Fix the reliability of wallrunning and other interactions with the environment (jumping when against a wall, running over sloped terrain, jumping on sloped terrain, etc)

Making the game faster and more hectic will make it harder and more skill oriented, and it'll avoid the need for bullet sponge enemies.

all of my +1

I've started to notice people using slide melee to get ridiculous speed boosts and run right through groups of enemies, leaving them for everyone else to fight. It's gotten to the point of where I'm sure people have macros specifically made for this just so they can spam one button and get  these insane speeds going. It defeats two things in the game. First of all, I play a Frost frame. If there are two or more of these people working together, then they simply run through the level, do everything and extract before I have even the chance to even get a quarter of the way through. Secondly it defeats the entire purpose of having a game if all they do is just skip all of it. 

Admittedly, I don't like speed running myself, however it is a legitimate way of playing the game. When you get this going though, it entirely breaks the game in my opinion. I'm not saying end all speed running, just end this method of abuse that people use.

When I'm on Ash, I might slap a +30% run speed mod on and use the slide melee attacks to deal a lot of damage to enemies using my Dual Ethers. In later levels like Pluto, I can certainly see why they'd use it to rush past enemies. Those guys on Pluto hit so damn hard and practically swarm you. A bunch of high level Corpus Moas are suddenly a bigger threat than a trio of Ancient Disruptors because at those those three can be slowed down and kited using freeze mods in your gun.

Its different when its something you can just macro, strafe jumping in quake is a poor comparison for that reason.

I like the attacks personally and the movement, its fun. In combat at least. However, just seeing people use macros going through the level at 100mph is annoying to me though. I think if you make it cost a LOT of stamina it could bec good, it'd encourages people who really want to do it constantly to use the right mods to let them do that. Thats fine if they have to use a lot of stam regen/max imo.

Its different when its something you can just macro, strafe jumping in quake is a poor comparison for that reason.

I like the attacks personally and the movement, its fun. In combat at least. However, just seeing people use macros going through the level at 100mph is annoying to me though. I think if you make it cost a LOT of stamina it could bec good, it'd encourages people who really want to do it constantly to use the right mods to let them do that. Thats fine if they have to use a lot of stam regen/max imo.

Of course you can macro bunnyhopping and strafejumping.

Look up some counter strike videos for example.

Maybe I am only a Newbie in this game but I read here  is not one problem but three.

1) macros.

If anyone  is asking for “combos” they should keep this in mind. It is a big argument against it.

This is a general gaming problem, every game will have to face this “problem”.

Some gamers just think of macros as “their” knowledge. They think of themselves as being very clever. Anyone pleading they are sharpers will get their shoulders shrugged and the answer to do the same thing or stay a witless gamer.

2)staying together

Is it because I am new to the game ? But at times I find it very hard to keep track of others. I don’t even know if they have to fight through walls of grineer and sometimes don’t know where I am or how to get anywhere let alone to another fellow gamer in need of assistance.

Tactical Warframe is balanced between solo and co-op playing. Inevitably this tends to reduce the importance of group tactics. The playgrounds being a 3D maze makes the task of staying together very hard. Even more so because the game being fast-paced is more like a curse in this regard.

Especially if you just started out and don’t know sh** anything.

3)Ignoring enemies

Rushing past enemies if possible on the other hand is very used tactic in any game. I can’t see any reason why it should be imposed to kill everything on each and every playground if this is not explicitly the goal of the mission.

Problem is, this works when playing solo. It becomes a whole different story in group.

Edited by Naucano

Ok. next time you will be dying i'll not get to you in time to revive. "Fix" it.

Of course you can macro bunnyhopping and strafejumping.

Look up some counter strike videos for example.

You can macro something like it but nothing actually useful (for quake), strafe jumping needs mouse movement, thats a form of skill. I didn't even mention CS so whatever...

With warframe however,  its just a bit of a joke.

Edited by 3Jane