The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Please, Fix Your Matchmaking System.

UncleWalrus

Teamed up with a friend. He's hosting and leveling low rank gear. Zone into mission. Kill 2 things.

Get disconnected because reasons. Get put into an instance of my own. Which then disconnects from me.

Stalker spawns on his face. Kills him because it takes half an hour to zone in and I couldn't get in fast enough to help and he only attacks you when you're leveling equipment.

As a computer engineer I have a solution, did you try to put your PC off and on again? 

what I do when I play with a real life friend is that we connect to each other and play a more local match, if this isn't possible I suggest to play with ethernet cables. you still can have the problems but a lot less frequent.

As a computer engineer I have a solution, did you try to put your PC off and on again? 

what I do when I play with a real life friend is that we connect to each other and play a more local match, if this isn't possible I suggest to play with ethernet cables. you still can have the problems but a lot less frequent.

*sigh*

I'll try power-cycling my machine and router again.

They're DMZ'd and my Windows firewall is off, so I'm out of ideas.

Oddest thing is, in update .7, I was consistently getting connections. Had like 10 connections drop out for that update. And now I can barely get connections, and when I do, half the time I get DC'd anyway.

Edited title for unneeded antagonism.

It was objective, at least.

loading into a mission has little to do with WF matchmaking, you know. That only kicks in when you have the 'matchmaking' on public, and it looks for other people who are also playing that mission.

Say, if you have your MM settings on 'public', click on a mission node and it puts you together with a host who lags like mad, that could be a MM problem (wrong region and such)

And as for the disconnecting; is your computer a bit old (longer loading times are probably mostly caused by this)? Are you using wifi or cable (LAN)? Have you tried hosting?

Edited by Alighierian

loading into a mission has little to do with WF matchmaking, you know. That only kicks in when you have the 'matchmaking' on public, and it looks for other people who are also playing that mission.

Say, if you have your MM settings on 'public', click on a mission node and it puts you together with a host who lags like mad, that could be a MM problem (wrong region and such)

And as for the disconnecting; is your computer a bit old (longer loading times are probably mostly caused by this)? Are you using wifi or cable (LAN)? Have you tried hosting?

Lan, ethernet cable is okay, minimal latency when I'm playing with my friend in any other multiplayer game, no connection issues.

If I host, half the time he can't join. If he hosts, half the time I get kicked out. If we host with a key, sometimes it kicks the host out, puts the other person in the mission, which then fails because the host has left.

We used to be able to connect quite consistently with no problems. The DC issues between us only started cropping up to near-unplayable extent in .9.

When I try to connect to others, again, half the time it just freezes at 66%ish, then gives me connection to host lost (just plays the popup sound), insists on loading the rest, then shows the actual error, then kicks me to my Liset.