Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

<Underclocking Mods> (Mentioned On Livestream)

DreadScourge

You sire, are a frickin genius. This combined with some of the ideas for sharing mods between different weps and frames? Make it so that the clocking is specific to either and voila! The system is amazingly better.

When you need less mods you can either decrease the mod droprate, which will lead to a worse player experience. Or leave the droprate the same, which will make you have to farm less, which will finally lead to a shorter game play experience.

I honestly believe the mod drop rate wouldn't have to change in order for this system to be implemented effectively. Drop rates on rare mods are already incredibly low, and everyone already has their "baby bird" mod that they keep feeding other, smaller or unnecessary mods to.

This means having multiple mods with different ranks for different Mod customizations or even lower ranked weapons will be obsolete.

True, but those mods would go towards upgrading anyways, so it wouldn't drastically change how many mods we need. If you already have a maxed out mod you can just sell your extra ones for credits. There would be no need to change the rarity and fusion cost for mods if this were to be implemented.

The number of mods you need to grind for is already high enough without needing multiple ranks of a mod. Leveling Redirection to its cap, for example, requires finding 1024 duplicates (you can use other mods as well, of course, but this increases the number required; fusion cores will decrease the number in the long run, but not by that much). Redirection is a common mod, but this only gets crazier when you start to consider rare mods. On top of all of that, they are definitely going to be adding new mods as the game progresses.

In short, I really don't think "not enough grinding for mods" is a problem DE is ever going to have.

You don't understand. I try to make it clearer.

Now there is a reason to have 3 fire damage mods: One at max level for your potatoed rank 30 weapon. Maybe one at level 3 because you have a configuration for a weapon where u only need it at rank 3. And one on rank 0 or 1 for new weapons.

Now you can calculate how many mods / fusion cores or credits you need to get these 3 mods. The specific amount doesn't matter it is lower than if you only need the max level fire damage mod with the new system. Therefore: You need less farm. You need less credits.

The first one means people will faster get their mods. Now everyone will shout "YEAH! That's great!". On player perspective this is true. On game perspective it isn't. Because it means player will spent less time with the game.

The second one means inflation. Another credit sink is gone. Players will hoard more credits and there needs to be another credit sink then.

You don't understand. I try to make it clearer.

Now there is a reason to have 3 fire damage mods: One at max level for your potatoed rank 30 weapon. Maybe one at level 3 because you have a configuration for a weapon where u only need it at rank 3. And one on rank 0 or 1 for new weapons.

Now you can calculate how many mods / fusion cores or credits you need to get these 3 mods. The specific amount doesn't matter it is lower than if you only need the max level fire damage mod with the new system. Therefore: You need less farm. You need less credits.

The first one means people will faster get their mods. Now everyone will shout "YEAH! That's great!". On player perspective this is true. On game perspective it isn't. Because it means player will spent less time with the game.

The second one means inflation. Another credit sink is gone. Players will hoard more credits and there needs to be another credit sink then.

I do understand, and my point is that even when players only need one maxed mod of each type, the amount of time required to raise every mod in the manifest to max rank is still plenty high. The correct answer to keep people playing is to introduce new content (Warframes, mods, weapons, missions, enemies, bosses, etc), not to maintain a broken system that artificially inflates the existing content.

Edited by Fredlicious

I do understand, and my point is that even when players only need one maxed mod of each type, the amount of time required to raise every mod in the manifest to max rank is still plenty high. The correct answer to keep people playing is to introduce new content (Warframes, mods, weapons, missions, enemies, bosses, etc), not to maintain a broken system that artificially inflates the existing content.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. Nicely put.

With this as a single change you gonna break it further. People will have more credits than ever making it an irrelevant ressource

All our credits will go into Dojos soon, anyway.

I trust completely in the Dev's ability to find further credit sinks for us in the future.

Otherwise they wouldn't have recently decided to give us more Creds in the first place.

Also, grinding isn't a gameplay experience. It's a chore that's only worthwhile if it opens new gameplay experiences for you (like farming a new warframe). A good gameplay should make you forget that you are grinding.

As you can see at the top right, 1 power slot has been opened due to this process. 

Terminology issue here: No it hasn't.

You still have the same old maximum of 8 slots to put mod-cards into, and each of those is still filled with a mod. What actually changed was that you just freed up one unit of mod-energy.

Edited by HvcTerr

That would only be true if DE decided to never add another new mod, weapon, warframe or what not to the game.

Yeah I'm certain they will add plenty more.

Any "disadvantage" added by this change could be easily offset simply by development.

It seems like with this idea they would have to dramatically increase the strength of all opponents. I think there would be serious balance issues, and the struggle in figuring what mod fits and what mod doesn't. It actually acts as a decision maker for the player to give them a more individual feel. "Should I go with this or should I go with that" is the bases of mods. If they wanted to the could just give you more points so you can equip more stuff. Your idea gives it a more complex feel to it but then people would be spending most of there time messing with mods then actually running a mission.

See, I find messing with mods and building the "perfect Warframe" just amazing. I love being meticulous and making decisions, then tweaking my options until they shine. Also, this system is already kind of in place, since you can level up multiple mods to different levels. My idea is to simply make that process less clunky and enable players ultimate control over their murderous suit of armor!

Wait I get what your talking about. might reduce duplicates, but that mean less time grinding for mods. 

Also means people will more frequently try new Warframes and weapons since they can make their favorite mods fit in new equipment. This means more slots will be purchased which gives more money to the DEvs.